Avengers Vs Justice Leauge

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Princess Celestia, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Personaly, I am a Marvel fan over DC. But I'm curious as to how well they'll stack up in an actual competition.

At first, I thought it was a no brainer for DC to win with Superman and Green Lantern being a bit overpowered. But on the other hand, Thor is enough to match Superman... or at least stavehim off a bit.

On the othrhand, if Captain America fought Superman, CA has a shield which would basically neutralize every attack Superman could dish out... for a little bit anyways... long enough for a potential mismatch in the favor of Avengers to kik in. Idk.. what do you guys think?

2. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

ICSP i think this should be in another section, i.e. movie and media sections :P
    I think that DC has better developed characters but marvel had overpowered characters. look at wolverine, he may be an exception to the lack of development as marvel is known for but his powers make him near unstoppable.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Avengers for me. I just like Marvel more than DC. Not that I hate DC, but it's just not as entertaining

4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

The Justice League all the way.

I have always found Martian Manhunter to be one of the best.

5. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Superman vs. Thor
    Batman vs. Ironman
    Green Lantern vs. Captain America

Epic shit right there...

I'd go with Marvel considering they've got Antman, Wasp, Hawkeye, Black Panther, and all the other cameos they could make like the X-Men and such...

6. 61 No. B

Justice League, i've never liked marvel that much and besides, batman and superman in one group? it doesn't get better than that, unless sora joined the justice league.

7. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

Justice League: Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Flash!, etc. nuff said.

I love Marvel, but DC is much higher on my list. My fond memories of the old Justice League show..

8. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Well, honestly discussing character development is not a fair putdown for Marvel. They have some of the most well developed characters ever. Their character development had to do wth major issues such as The Civil Rights Movement, Racism, the AIDS Epidemic, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, the Patriot act vs Right to Privacy, violation of civil liberties, slave labor ect. All real social issues delt with and discussed in a comic book.

Nor can you say Marvel is overpowered when DC has god tier characters like Superman.

But yeah, wolverine was pretty beast, hulk is just insan tho. Broke beyond all reason...
    I always liked IronMan Wolverine, and Captain America. Unfortunatly... only movie which wasn't dissapointing was Captain.
    I was actually wondering just the core 7 of each team... I kno avengers had MANY guest heroes... but... id hate for thm to win just by out numbering them.
    I've always been a marvel boy... id say Riku would side with Avengers.
    I suppose the superfriends were nice. X3 if you don't know what that is, look it up... its like the very first inception of Justice Leage.... epic...

9. Doc Destiny Islands Resident

Now this is my kind of thread! I am going with Justice league all the way. I love Marvel a lot (especially Iron man...Tony~) but when you think about it DC has always had the cooler characters. Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Women, Martian Manhunter, Flash. Really who can beat Batman. XD

Fighting wise both sides have equal debates on strengths and weaknesses so it's hard to choose which would over power the other.

10. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

I truly don't think either side would be overpowered. I think it'd come down to tactics and skills. I do believe it was one collision, Justice League has the edge, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, And Superman are just too over the top... Bat Man is god tier too... but his style is thinking, he cannot simply over power someone...

In an ellongated war, where enemies engage eachother repeatedly over different times, I'd give the edge to the Avengers...

Certain matchups are clearly unfair, its very easy to stack the deck... For example, pitting Ironman against Batman results in a 5 second fight where an EMP goes off, and Batman kicks ass... Or, Pitting Captain America against the same Batman, and Batman is kinda doomed.

Conversly, I believe IronMan can Match Superman (I said Match, not beat, tho God help Superman if Tony discovers Kryptonite...), but Captain America would be quickly outmatched against Superman... Tho his Vibranium shield could probably help him last a little while.

11. Daxa~ #stalker

Hmm...
    This is a pretty hard choice D: D:
    Because,marvel had Iron Man,and Xmen etc etc (OMNOMNOMNOM)
    But DC has Superman,Green Laturn etc etc (also OMNOMNOMNOM).

So Id say....it would either be a draw,or they would all die.
    :3

12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

They should do that. Make a movie where someone manipulates the two groups into fighting each other because of what he did

13. Arch Mana Knight

I really don't think Tony's suit would fail against a simple EMP. I'm fairly certain that Tony's smarter than Bruce(or whichever Batman you want to use) seeing as how Tony's one of the three smartest humans in the Marvel universe. <<

Why mention the X-Men? They aren't part of the Avengers. >>

Anyways...the only good Avengers are the popular ones like Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, and Captain America. Nobody cares about Wasp and Ant Man because...their powers are pretty lame.

Overall...unless the four more popular members of the Avengers hold up the group or the two "lame" members of their team find a good matchup...the Avengers are pretty screwed. I can see most of the team being able to beat down Batman in most matchups but the only ones capable of taking on Superman without Kryptonite are Thor and the Hulk. Hm...and somehow I feel that Superman is still stronger.

14. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Its canon, Captain America battled Iron Man in the Civil War arc, and beat him after he EMP'd him. Also, if you do include the Hulk, the Hulk is basically a bigger stronger Doomsday who only gets stronger as the fight goes on. Doomsday as you know, killed Superman. But... I do agree with you... Green Lantern, and Flash, and Martian Manhunter are still tough to engage for the Avengers.