Bahlaan

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

A new decree has spread throughout the kingdom, making sure that it was heard far and wide. With the appearance of a stone of mysterious power and allure, many dragons and partners started to make plan to find the stone. The kings, both dragon and human, ruling alongside each others, wanted it as much as anyone else. Using their incredible influence they made sure the decree was heard, to bring the stone to them. Those who tried to claim the stone for themselves would be persecuted and likely killed for their disobedience. If they obeyed however, they would be rewarded handsomely.

Even with the threat and promises out there, dragons and humans alike still strove to get their hands on the stone, on Bahlaan. It seemed that it called to the dragons, drawing them closer. For those who fell prey to it's call it became difficult to even consider handing the stone over to someone else, regardless of orders. And thus started the great search and fights that would shape the future as friends murdered friends, all fighting for the same goal. Fighting to obtain Bahlaan.

2. Aelin Best Waifu

The day was quiet as the young elf worked through her normal morning routine, which involved cooking breakfast for her owner, making sure clean, pressed clothing was laid out for him to wear for the day, drawing the bath for him, and then once he was in the bath, making his bed and cleaning his room. Shalendrea was about to bring breakfast up to her owners private chambers, where he preferred to take his breakfast, when a voice ran through her head. "Shale come to me this instant." The voice commanded her, a voice that was not her owner. Shalendrea nearly dropped her tray as the voice started to talk to her. Bowing her head she continued up the stairs, slowing her step enough that she could have her conversation before getting to her owner. If her dragon was distracting her while she was serving him, he would suspect and probably punish her for it. "I can't come. I am working, you know this." She responded through the telepathic connection that she had with her pact partner, a dragon named Rethenth. "It wasn't a suggestion Shale. When I tell you to do something, you do it. Remember I was the only one willing to make a pact with you, what you are doing is illegal, so I would suggest listening before I get really angry." The voice threatened her. It was true, she had made an illegal pact, a desperate effort to avoid the fate that was assigned to her when a dragon rescued her father and demanded payment through the law of surprise. He had asked him for what he found at home and didn't expect. No one could have guess that that would be her mother announcing she was with child. So when she was fifteen the dragon returned for her, bringing his own pact partner with him, the man that now owned her. Her mother had tried to prepare her for it, so it wouldn't be as much of a shock, but all that did was scare her until she did something desperate and stupid by making the pact she did.

"I will come once the master has gone to his meeting, it won't even be mid day. I promise." Shalendrea tried to bargain with him as she pushed open the door to her masters room, setting the food in front of him silently before turning to his wardrobe to pull out clothes. "I have had enough of this. Just kill him already. You are not his, you are mine and I have a task that needs done, and I need your help." The dragon continued as Shalendrea did her best to keep her focus and not seem distracted as she entered the bathing chamber. "I will not kill him. I am not a killer." Picking up too buckets she took them out back to a large pot over a fire, where hot water waited for her to draw the bath. "Malai!" The dragon snapped at her in his own language. "I told you already, when I tell you to do something you listen to me." He threatened again, and while Rethenth was not close by, Shale was still filled with fear, knowing what he could do. "Eller naa n'uma honour e' killien" Shalendrea mumbled out loud in her native tongue, Elvish. She might have only been a half elf, and thus fluent in both common and Elvish, but her parents both lived in the northern kingdom, lands dedicated to elves.

A sudden pain shot through Shalendrea's head, causing her to drop the buckets of hot water and fall to her knees in pain. There were grunts, but she did her best not to scream as an ancient power flooded her veins, a forbidden spell that burned as it coursed through her. Slowly her eyes started to glaze over as she picked herself up off the ground. Leaving the buckets in the mud, Shaledrea began to return inside. One of the servants of the house tried to stop her as she headed for her masters room, commenting on the mud on her dress and the fact she returned without water, trying to warn her that the master wouldn't be pleased. However a sort of blood lust came over her, one that was not her own. Unable to control it she lifted her hand to the man and let ice flow through her veins as she shot magic at him, freezing him solid on the spot. Shalendrea's magic was strong considering that her dragon couldn't give her as much power as he some other dragons could, but that was because as a half elf, there was already magic flowing through her, diluted but there. She had chosen not to touch it when living with her parents, and she was forbidden from it here in this house. If there was any signs of her even trying, the guards had orders to put her down. Fortunately there were no guards posted in the hallway in which she left the frozen man.

Entering her masters bedroom, Shalendrea could have sword she heard a dark laugh through the fog that now clouded her mind, directing her thoughts. She stared down her master as he looked appalled at the state of her dress. Always a perfectionist, even when it came to his possessions, they had to look and act a certain way. He opened his mouth to call for the guards, no doubt to punish her either through whipping or a night in the dungeon, however before he could get a word out, before he could scream, fire burst from his mouth and eyes as he exploded in fire from the inside out. Soon after that the entire house was in flames. The other servants screamed as the guards came rushing. Shalendrea looked as if she was in a panic as she stammered some nonsense about someone getting in the bedroom while she was out drawing water, and how she returned when she had noted a window that she had not left open, open. Given she had done nothing wrong in the past, but rather had been very loyal they let her run out with the rest of the servants. And so, through the smoke and flames, Shalendrea walked out, using the chaos to her advantage as she strolled towards the hill lands, where Rethenth awaited her. Still in a dazed trance that no one could quite detect.

[​IMG]
    Forty-eight..... forty nine.... fifty. Fifty push ups, now on to sit ups before his morning run. Sir Alexander Sebastian Keaton VII worked on his morning exercises in the courtyard outside the barracks. While he was more that welcome to live at the Keaton Manor with his family, where there was every luxury that he could imagine, Alex preferred living among the men he fought alongside. A lords son was not always welcome among those of lesser ranking. Often they found high ranking citizens to be rather uptight and demanding. And while yes, Alex could be that at times, he managed to show that he was enough like the rest of them, to be accepted by the ranks. Living in the barracks with them just enforced that. That being said most of them men still held some resentment towards the young lord, but not because of his power or money, because of his zeal. Most guards quickly got bored of their jobs, working day to day just to make a living, meanwhile Alex always approached things with a very can-do attitude. He was always offering to help, always training, and always taking extra missions and shift, which of course made the higher ranking officers like him more. However no one dare act against him, not when he had a pact with one of the biggest dragons in the area, and possessed incredible combat skills. He might not have had much for magic, but with a man like him, he didn't need it.

Watching the sun break the sky Alex stood up from doing his sit up, strapping on his armor in preparation for his run. He always wore it when he ran since, if he ever needed to run, he would likely be in his armor anyways and wanted to be prepared for anything. Just as he got his boots strapped on, he took the time to admire the bright pink morning sky, before noting a haze settling over it. No, not quite a haze, but smoke, like a house was on fire. Glancing back at the barracks, he decided that his comrades wouldn't be too happy if he woke them before they had to get up for shift.
    "Hevanaar. I need your help, meet me at the barrack immediately. Something is happening in town, I would like to check it out before shift." Alex informed the dragon, wanting back up with him. He knew he should offer something in turn for the favour, after all, it was rare to see Hevanaar up along with the sun, usually took a few extra hours. "I will do you a favour after shift if you do." He offered not sure what else to offer the dragon. "I will wait at the top of the north tower, fly by and I will jump, just be quick. I don't want to miss it!" He almost sounded excited at the action, even if fires generally meant nothing but trouble. It was hard to stifle the spirit of a zealous young lord. This was just another adventure and test for him.

3. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

It was the voice of the active one that broke through his slumber, and caused the gigantic dragon's eyes to open slightly and just stare off into the distance, not actually looking at a thing. Hevnaar was not fond of these morning awakenings, and the active one knew this. Even if asking for help, Hevnaar was not sure if he actually was true and he mumbled back, his voice a deep and grand tone, not matching the attitude of it as he mumbled, "Mmm. When the sun is higher..."

But the human already had an offer up his sleeve, offering something in return. He didn't necessarily want to lose sleep, but if he was to gain something in return it least it wouldn't be a waste. Hevnaar stretched a big and got up from his sleeping spot and raised up his wings, to stretch them out in the sun, which was not necessarily hitting them directly at this particular hour. He flapped his wings, the air shifting causing the trees nearby to bend at the sudden wind before slowly moving back to their normal position, for another gust to reach. Before Hevnaar kicked himself up and was in the air, flying over towards north tower.

Hevnaar reached the spot and made sure he was low enough for the jump and catch to not hurt the active one before he let out a noise indicating his presence. So he could jump in time. He was ready to catch him at the very least, though he wasn't fully awake yet.
    [​IMG]
    Verus awoke in a cave, staring up and very groggy. He kind of liked the space, a home of his dragon's that they acquired temporarily, but he almost missed the bed. Even if he tried to make it as comfortable as he could, it wasn't the same.

Especially since Iilah was a heat absorber. No, seriously. Maybe it was some sort of cold blooded reptile thing but Iilahkog always got cozy up next to him while he was sleeping and he'd wake up freezing cold. And it sucked. At least in the mountains here where it was cold. Verus sat on up to stretch and yawn and spoke,
    "Iilah, we should get up and get breakfast."

He stood up and walked over towards the edge of the cave, yawning, before turning around and raising an eyebrow,
    "Iilah?"
    "Yeah I know. Look, I don't know what it is with humans but I like to stretch my wings out in the sun when I wake up and when it's this early..."
    "I won't get you food then."
    Iilah immediately jumped up out of her spot and sprinted towards him. She was the size of a larger tiger, not something you necessarily want to see something run at you in a dark alley. She stopped just short of Verus, all energetic and ready to rumble as she said, "Okay okay, food is yummy I'll help."
    "Nice. What are you in the mood for?"
    "Eggs of some variety? Maybe some bird."
    "Bird for breakfast?"
    "Any time to get the animals out of dii su ginun."

Verus rolled his eyes and said,
    "Sure, get some good sized birds. I'll look for some eggs." and Iilah flew on up into the air and went on her search. Verus walked on over towards a nearby tree and went to go and climb up it. As he reached to get a grip, he couldn't get as good one as he could.

He dropped his hands down and stared at his left one and his missing finger.

Pact prices, some people had to lose way more. Some people had to lose way less. But a finger was definitely something he thought he wouldn't miss too much until he tried doing basic activities again. It took him forever to relearn how to hold objects, how to tie knots and his writing, while never the best because he was a peasant, needed an entirely new work around. But at least relearning a sword was not too hard.

After getting over himself, Verus tightened his hands up into fists and backed up a few feet. He took a few steps back and then charged at the tree. As his legs hit he whispered, one of the magic chants he'd at least gotten the hang of so far,
    "Goltefend, gaar zey."

Verus then, very easily, could run straight up the tree. When he reached the top, it was beginning to float above the destination. Like he was levitating briefly, he held onto a branch until he was safely over a very strong branch, near the nest, "Goltefend, lig eim zey zek."

Then the floating stopped, and he landed pretty heavily on the branch, shaking the tree a bit but it did not break. He reached over towards the nest, where eggs laid unprotected, and he took them quickly, before he made his way slowly off the tree. At this point, below the tree, Iilahkog sat there with four dead birds in her mouth. She looked up curiously at Verus, keeping an eye to make sure he was alright.

Once he was at the ground, Verus smiled and said,
    "I got eggs, let's go cook em." and the two headed on over towards the cave. Verus set up sticks and Iilahkog stared up the fire with no problems. As Verus cooked, Iilahkog laid down watching and said, "So today... I say we try to make our way closer towards the larger mountains. I keep seeing my kin heading that way. It might be our best bet."

"Maybe... I just... I was hoping maybe we could look somewhere out of their eyes? After those decrees from all the kings... I..."
    "Pff, don't worry about those frul juns. They've got nothing they need to prove, ni med hi. Plus, half my kin would probably run off with the stone at whatever chance they got."
    "What is this stone anyway... you always seem to avoid talking about exactly what it is."
    "Well... what's the word... what's the word... ni do hin vun... mainly because.... ni do hin vun... there isn't a word in your vun... tongue... language! Language to describe it. And I can't think of something close enough. It is something that must be felt, it is something that humans cannot feel and therefore cannot possibly comprehend."

Verus sighed and said, "Well, thanks for nothing."
    "Hey. Don't worry okay." Iilah walked over and placed her head on his lap, "I'm here for you first, iilah zeymah. Not the stone."

Verus smiled at her and rubbed her head, "Thank you."

4. Glen Returned from the dead

As he wandered through the streets of town, an unexpected and yet welcome sight greeted the Elven dragon slayer, Naeric Kianar. A dragon, clearly beyond the point of sanity was ravaging the place. A slight smirk appeared on the elf's face. The dragon, while entirely unpredictable in its movements, was by no means clumsy. Here was a powerful dragon, and perhaps even the pact partner he'd long sought after. There'd likely be some good reward money for quelling the rage of the beast too, which was always a bonus. Being an outcast due to his ideals and goal, Naeric could use the cash. When you fought dragons for a living and dragons were as important to people as they were, you often ended up with damaged equipment and very few people who were willing to repair it for you without overcharging the heck out of you. Bloody humans, more trouble than they were worth.

Unsheathing the huge greatsword he carried with him, he stated its name. "Sullindale" he whispered, which translated to Windsong in the language of the humans. The blade was as much a part of him as any of his limbs, it being the sword he had used to kill his first dragon. The sword was nothing special in design, but merely an Elven Greatsword. It allowed slightly less magical energy to be required for his magic and spells, though it wasn't particularly noticeable. He'd named it after the dragon he had taken it from, who'd seemed to have an affinity with the wind. Naeric could only imagine how the dragon would have reacted if it had known that he was going to slay it with one of the possessions it had guarded for presumably a long time. Probably would've laughed, much as it had when a single elf had turned up with no weapon other than a pike and a bit of a short-tempered horse, demanding it made a pact with him. Ah, good times. Not so much for the horse, but good times nonetheless.

As he calculated the best route to take to intercept the raging dragon, the dragonslaying elf took note of the surroundings. People could get hurt if he fought it right there, so he should probably try to get the beast away from the town. He might have been confident in his own abilities, but he still respected the sheer power and destructive capability of a dragon. Admired it, really. He couldn't wait for the day where it would finally be joined with his own. Spurring onwards his horse, which he had affectionately named Rohan, he charged forward and towards his target.

5. CrownMoksha Decimo

Here we have the young Brynhild actively watching a deer that had been minding its own business. Like any old dear really, it just stood and started eating the plants around it. The young dragon watching the graceful creature used that as its chance to approach it. Carefully the small, pikachu sized dragon stalked forward til it was within what he perceived was the ideal striking range. Moments passed and eventually, when the deer raised its head, he jumped forth.

Its dragon fangs sunk into the deer's neck, who surprisingly didn't put up much of a fight against it. Surprising, but as far as Brynhild was concerned it just meant that he had killed it upon striking, quite the feeling of accomplishment it left him. It was a shame that he didn't realize was that the reason the deer hadn't put up any of a fight was because it had been shot in the head, right between the eyes to be exact, with a arrow. Killing it right before Brynhild's teeth had reached their target.

The arrow had come from from a lone tree that was within viewing range of the tree. Normally Arthur would've hopped down from the tree shortly after shooting the deer in the head in order to collect his prize and his dragon, but before doing so his attention was drawn away by the rising cloud of smoke he could see in the distance. Something must've been burning in that direction, which had Arthur wondering as to what could've the fire.

6. Aelin Best Waifu

Even in the distance, the angry cry of a dragon could be heard. Generally unless there was a battle or something happened, the dragons were not that loud. It wasn't that they couldn't be loud, the dragons just had no reason to be loud generally. When you heard ones cry like it was ringing through from the outskirts of the city as it was then there was something wrong with the dragon or there was somewhere angering it. In this case the small part of Shalendrea's mind knew what it was. She would recognize that dragon cry. While never that loud, that infuriated, it was still familiar. She had just murdered his pact partner the dragon was probably going crazy. She paused for a moment, looking at the dragon who had just launched into the air and flew in circles, eyeing the city. She feared the dragon might destroy part of the city in it's rage. She did not wish for that to happen, but it was out of her control, as she felt a tug on her mind driving her further towards the woods where Rethenth waited her.

As she entered the woods Shalendrea paused again as she saw a figure moving through the woods. Normally she wouldn't care, it was safer to walk as if she was there on purpose, then to look nervous. Even if people knew that she was a servant, they generally wouldn't stop her if she looked like she was out doing an errand for her boss. But when she stopped and lingered, it could bring up questions. That being said, she couldn't help but linger this time. The figure that was moving not far from her had a great sword in hand. That was unusual to see outside city guards. If there were people in the woods they would usually be hunting, and a great sword was impractical for hunting. What was more strange than that however was the mans ears. The more Shale looked at him, the more she caught onto his heritage. He was an elf, and likely not a half elf like her. It was strange to see another elf, they weren't common outside the northern kingdom.

"Shale what is taking you so long, get over here!" Rethenth demanded pulling on his control over her mind, but the spell had already started to wear off a little bit. Shalendrea didn't reply though as she watched the man wondering if he had noticed her yet. The dragon that was going insane did another circle around the forest, getting closer to the city. Shalendrea felt the pull again as she looked at the man. "Saesa karna ta stop." She whispered out loud looking at the elf. Elves were known for having excellent hearing, so while she spoke quietly Shale was pretty confident that he would hear her pleas. It was a losing battle against Rethenth's influence and she knew when she reached him there would be hell to pay, which scared her as much as anything else. She held her head as she tried to fight off the spell that was invading her mind still but as her hands trembled and dropped to her side, she knew she had lost. With one last glance at the man, her mind finally caved to the spell once more as it pulled her along, further into the woods even as trees cracked and fell as the dragon swept by using his claws to hit the trees, trying to topple them.

Translator I am using for Shale: https://lingojam.com/TheTelQuessirOnlineTranslator

[​IMG]
    Alex smiled as he heard the call of Hevnaar and took a couple steps back. With a running start he launched himself off the side of the tower and fell, landing on Hevnaar's back. "Great catch buddy. Thanks for coming to get me. Now off to the fire. I want to see what is going on there, maybe try and help people out. At this time it is unlikely that it was a kitchen fire that just grew out of control. Perhaps if I can catch the person who did this it will win be better standing." He went on about his goals to his dragon with a bit of a smile. He then turned his face ahead and looked at the billowing smoke. "So what do you think it is? A vengeful dragon? A street rat trying to find cover to steal? Maybe a intentional murder of someone by burning them in their sleep?" He mused as he thought of possibility. "Maybe not though. I mean the last one would be better to do closer to the middle of the night. The sun is coming up now, not everyone would even be in bed." Alex continued to talk as they flew. "Lets just circle above for a while. I want to see what is going on and who is leaving the area before we land." He instructed.

7. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Elaine rushed across a snowy mountaintop. Her feet crunched on snow as the wind whipped through her hair, splaying it out behind her in her rush. A rocky crag was up ahead, breaking her path. She did not stop her run though, and as she drew closer she tensed her legs. Boldly she leaped over the gap, landing gracefully on the other side. Above her, the faint shadow of wings was cast upon the clouds above. He was catching up already! She ploughed on ahead, seeing a perilous slope below her, broken only by the occasional rocky outcropping. Throwing caution to the wind, the wild girl pulled herself into a slide. Snow parted as she hurtled down, a tiny avalanche of her own carrying her.

She had done this run a dozen times - She knew that there was a sheer drop soon, perhaps twenty metres down from here. But she also knew that there was a patch of deep snow not too far. If she could slow herself down fast enough, then she could pull herself on to a rocky outcropping and make the jump from there. With practised ease, she leaned herself into the mountainside and her descent slowed. Fur-covered arms reached out for the rock she was looking for and she swept herself on to it. She glanced up and saw clouds starting to part and an amused rumble coming from above. Faster. No more time Elaine. She quickly measured the jump and leaped - Only to realise too late that she had misjudged the distance. Had she only taken more time, then she'd have noticed another jumping point just a little further down. That extra distance would have carried her. She screamed as she plummeted towards the bare rock below her, feeling sick to her stomach and begging to any Gods out there for some miracle.

"Elaine, awaken." A bass rumble pierced the dream and it fell away, the mountainside around her disappearing, fading into the sky framed around the shape of a dragon before her. Startled, the girl sat up, panting. The ground trembled a little as the huge beast before her shifted position. Its neck craned so that the massive head of the creature could look down at her. "You do not rest well. Drem. There is time for excitement in the day. You need not disturb your rest with such trifles." Elaine's ears were well used to the booming tones of the dragon, but it was not welcome after having just woken up.
    "Dreh hi lost wah kos ful shar?" She muttered in fluent Dovahzul, stretching her limbs and clambering out of her bedroll. "Niidro feyl." And too early for his yelling. Nevertheless, when the teacher called, she obeyed.
    "Krosis." Ziilaasmir rumbled, quieter this time. She had known the dragon long enough that despite the inhuman form, she could tell some emotions. He was probably quite pleased with her use of Dovahzul, at a guess.

Elaine got herself changed and fed herself with some berries that she had scavenged yesterday for the morning. When all that was done, and she was prepared, she took a seat on top of a nearby hill. Her legs were crossed and folded over themselves, her hands resting atop her knees with the palms faced upward with her thumbs and middle fingers touching. She closed her eyes and breathed in deeply, feeling the land around her. Through her connection with the dragon, she began to attune herself to the ebb and flow of life. The blades of grass around her as they swayed gently in the light breeze, a thousand insects crawling in the ground, rabbits bouncing along out of their burrows to seek food for this new day and much more besides. And within all that, she felt it. The calling.

"Pruzah. You have learned well." Internally, Elaine beamed. The dragon's praise was hard won, and it had taken her a long time to get to this point. "You feel its call, do you not?"
    "Bahlaan." She uttered the name that she could feel etched into its summons. The mere presence it had radiated the word, demanded that they know its name. Bahlaan. Worthy. "Why does it wish to be found?"
    "This is unknown, even to I. Which is why we must find it." Her partner confessed. She sensed a lecture, and so did not speak. "Ro do lund. Ro do laas. These precepts are essential. Such a thing will disrupt, Vodrem, this balance. We will take Bahlaan, care for it. Guard it. Such a thing cannot be allowed to be misused. Both human and dragon are capable of Paar ahrk Nax." She nods in understanding. It must have great power for it to have called to them, and its call couldn't help but be noticed by others like her. Other dragons, and their partners. Ziilaasmir's words filled her with a sense of responsibility. She still felt the world around her as nature went on its way. Whatever power Bahlaan held could not be allowed to be held by ambitious kings or lords, or anyone. She and Ziilaasmir were the ones who watched, who studied the way of the world. She opened her eyes and met her teacher's gaze.
    "Where do we start?"

8. Glen Returned from the dead

Naeric's ears heard the plea of the stranger a short distance away as though she were standing right next to him. To many, the voice would have been inaudible, but the abilities of an elf were far superior to that of a mortal man. Cautiously, he turned to look at the direction the voice had come from, only to see that the girl was holding her head. She was suffering a panic attack, he was certain of it. Perhaps the dragon's attack was the cause of it; it wouldn't surprise him if it was. The dragonslayer was yet to see any creature stare down a dragon without a trace of fear, himself included. He didn't fear death, but he did fear the idea of never gaining the pact partner for himself.

"Ta nauva taken malia en, rima a' safety re'na lle sal' caela i' val um- ikotane"
    (Run to safety, if you still have the power to do so) he called back, his voice no louder or quieter than usual.

However, the girl seemed to not be listening, in fact she was running very much not away from the dragon, all trace of the panic on her face gone. Her ability to suppress her emotions was stupendous, but her lack of concern for her own safety would surely get her killed unless someone intervened. Thankfully, someone was there to intervene. Sheathing his huge sword, he took in a deep breath and focused his mind purely on the surroundings. He could feel the wingbeat of the dragon, the heat of its breath as it neared him and the girl, could hear every step that the elven girl took and could even feel the small insects that were crawling along the ground. He needed this focus, for he was about to attempt a magic that he had used several times before, but was by no means practiced with. He was good with defensive magic, not anything that was even slightly offensive. As Naeric began channeling the very essence of nature throughout his body, his magical energy surged into action. Leaves and dust around the elven man was picked up, first skittering along the ground a little bit and then floating freely around his torso as his mouth opened and he said a mere one word.

"Sularrna!"

The word itself was merely the word he chose to use to cast that particular spell. The word translated to 'Windstorm' in the common language, and had no special properties of its own, though one would be forgiven for thinking any differently with what came next. The moment the breath used to speak the word left his body, so too did the leaves and debris as it flew straight towards the one who had asked for his help. The gust of wind went straight towards the girl with tremendous speed, but the moment it would have impacted her its caster slowed the mighty breeze, slowing it just enough so that it lightly pushed her out of the way of the dragon that sliced through the air only seconds later.

As the magnificent beast turned around and roared, a burst of flame flew straight towards its prey. Acting swiftly once more, Naeric called upon more of his magic and shifted his stance as though he was holding a tower shield in front of him.

"Tinechor!"
    (Shield) he shouted, just as the fireball collided with his forearms, shrouding his body in flames and yet he remained unscathed externally by the powerful blast, standing up easily the moment the flames vanished. If anyone had looked carefully, they would have seen a very slight glow appear on Naeric's skin as the fire had hit. He had cast a protective ward on himself, creating a shield of wind on himself to defend against the fire. The dragon wasted no time, however, surging straight towards the elf that had dared to defy him and toppling down more trees in the process.

The dragonslayer had an idea form in his head, one that would expend some of his energy but allow him to minimise the amount of magic he would need for taking down his prey. Rushing over to the thickest tree in the path of the creature, he yelled out "poldora!"
    (force) and then with his bare hands punched a very small hole in the tree. Repeating this process, he began ascending the tree with greatsword in sheath, creating small handholds as he went so that he wouldn't fall down. Once he had gotten relatively close to the highest point of the plant, he looked behind himself at the dragon that was still as hellbent on slaying him as it had been from the beginning. "I think it's time you and I introduced ourselves!" he called out, using all the strength in his body to propel himself backwards at the giant lizard.

As he felt the cool breeze on his face pass by him, he reached over onto his back and unsheathed the greatsword in mid-air, before raising it above his head as he rapidly approached the dragon's far side of the dragon's back and plunged the blade straight into it, making full use of the force spell he had just cast. "I'm Naeric Kianar, and you're going to become my pact partner!" he declared, pulling the blade free and beginning to run along the creature's back, going towards the head and making sure not to fall.

Here is the translator i'm using for Naeric​

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  9. CrownMoksha Decimo

Brynhild was much too preoccupied with gnawing on the meat of the deer to notice the smoke pillowing into the sky. This is where Arthur choose to speak to his partner. Brynhild, I'm going to need some magic. His partner looked up from the deer and towards his pact partner, noticing the arrow as well. That killed some of the proudness that he had felt at making the kill himself. A sort of glare was shot in his direction, but it looked no more than a simple pout given the tiny frame of the dragon.

What for? Even mentally the annoyed tone in his voice was still heard clearly through Arthur's head. There were two ways that Aruthr could've gone about handling this, A) shoot an arrow in the direction of the smoke or B) tell his partner to look up. Really an easy choice when they were placed side by side.

Look up. And so he did and finally saw the rising smoke. That's why.

At that point there wasn't much need for anything else to be said, Arthur simply readied himself another bow and fired it off in the direction of the smoke. This arrow being fueled by the magic of Brynhild flew much farther than normal and slowly took the shape of a see through bird that Arthur would be able to see whatever it was that it saw. Like the burning manor for example. Hmm, interesting. Too late to do anything about the fire, but not too late to try and find the cause.

10. Aelin Best Waifu

The man spoke back to her, he did in the end hear her, but he did not offer the kind of help that she was looking for. His focus was on the rampaging dragon, one that was all too familiar. She had caused this mess, perhaps this was the payment for her sins as the help she needed was not provided for her. One foot after another, Shale's body almost moved on its own as she was drawn away from the man and the dragon and further into the woods, an invisible sting guiding her. She didn't want to go. She didn't want to be there, didn't want to see Rethenth, but her dragon didn't give her any choice.

Emerging in a clearing a short distance away from where she ran into the other elf, a dragon prowled out of the trees, circling Shalendrea.
    "Hi lost ahst laat bo, lost hi? " (You have at last arrived, have you?) Shale opened her mouth to speak, to defend herself, but before a word was uttered there was a sharp tug on the invisible thread between her and Rethenth, willing her to keep her mouth closed. "dreh ni tinvaak, Zu'u laan hi wah koraav fos hi lost drehlaan." (Don't speak, I want you to see what you have done.) He whispered into her mind as he continued to circle the half elf. "Frolok ahst gel ko lok." (Look at the smoke in the sky.) Rethenth used the end of his tail to lift Shale's chin so she had a clear view of the sky. "Hi vust lost nivos tol waan hi lost bo fod hi lost faan. Gir wah zey med pruzah mal nukaas hi los." (You could have prevented that if you had come when you were called. Listened to me like the good little puppet you are.) Threats and commands coming from the dragon that she had once thought to be her salvation.

Shalendrea's hands were shaking as she stared up at the smokey sky and listened to the roar of the angry dragon.
    "Hinzaal, hefhah kon." (Stupid, idiot girl.) Rethenth growled as his tail reeled back and smacked her across the face, sending her to her knees. She held her face she curled up looking away from Rethenth. "Amin naa sorry. N'uma, saesa." (I am sorry. No, please.) She begged of him out loud. While she did have connections to Rethenths mind that she could talk directly through, she found herself speaking out loud most of the time. It was easier for her that way and Rethenth could still understand her anyways. Of course Rethenth would have none of it.

"Bo kon, waan hi laan nii wah vuth ruz hi bo wah gir wah zey nol nu nau. Til los nid hinzaal mun wah imaar hi ahrk Zu'u vaat wah Bahamut waan Zu'u lost wah brah tol stav nau hi ontzos, til fen ni kos ganog do hin hah vahlut wah imaar. Nu ofaal vok, mu lost atruk mu kent retrieve." (Come girl, if you want it to stop then you are going to listen to me from now on. There is no stupid human to control you and I swear to Bahamut if I have to use that spell on you again, there won't be enough of your mind left to control. Now get up, we have something we must retrieve.) Rethenth commanded as he again used his tail to help Shale to her feet before pushing her towards his back so she could mount and they could take off to find the treasure that Rethenth so desperately wanted.

11. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    "Or perhaps someone really wanted to learn how to cook one of my kin over a spit?" Hevnaar asked, not seriously contributing to the scenario. He flew over to the town and began to fly over and circle. He stayed pretty high, as his shadow was huge, and he wished it to be small for purposes of not causing fear. As he flew over, Hevnaar seemed to snarl a bit and spoke with no care for not being understood, "Fos los sukaat do daar pus gein. Zu'u vis hon honaat do ok drensepaal. Fos los bal do fus grin?"

Hevnaar was silent for a bit before saying,
    "It appears to be a grah-do-bal. I believe your kin call it duel for steaks. Er... a duel with stakes. Pardon. But something is off. I think you may understand. Hold tight, soszeymah." Hevnaar then angled himself so it was easier for Alexander to get a look. Basically he was at a 90 degree angle.

12. CrownMoksha Decimo

The spectral bird scanned the area nearest to the burning building in search of either the cause of the fire or anything that could be considered eye catching. Though even if they did find something, given their current location, it wasn't like they would be able to get there quickly. That was something that Arthur's partner wasted no time in pointing out.

Why so interested in this, we can't change anything.

True, but that didn't mean he couldn't gather any information to be used later. Arthur was never fond of direct confrontations as it was part of the reason his weapon of choice is the bow. If he did need to be more direct with things, then he liked to be prepared in any way possible. Including scouting out for any information he could get his hands on.

Don't say that, this method is precisely how we came to be partners. Unless you'd rather me ignoring you back then.

The silence in their mental link clearly gave way to the answer. Brynhild had also groaned, not that Arthur would've been able to hear it in the first place. The spectral bird continued to make its rounds before spotting a peculiar sight. A decently sized dragon and what he could assume to be its blond haired rider. An additional bit of magic was used to hear what they were saying, but it was only enough to hear the end of it. Magic did help in understanding what they were saying (priase be the pikachu sized dragon), but what he heard didn't completely sound accurate. Well the last word did at least.
    Hmm, wonder what it is that they're referring to. The bird found itself a sturdy branch to perch as it continued to watch the dragon and elf pair.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  13. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Alex let out a bit of a low chuckle imaging how someone would manage to try and roast a dragon over a spit, inside a house. For him it was a funny mental picture but not something he would wish on any dragon. Alex had great respect for the dragon race and would never wish them harm, as long as they followed the laws of the society. If they didn't, well no one was above the law, not even a dragon. Alex forced himself to keep a set of high morals, and it wasn't because he wanted to make himself look good or anything, it was just easier to know where a line should be drawn when he did that. Sometimes when you took your beliefs loosely you let people get away with more than they should and it breeds bad habits. He didn't want to let that happen, so he kept himself in check by keeping higher than normal morals.

As they circled around Hevnaar snarled something to himself that Alex didn't really understand, and he didn't try. Alex had learned by now not to pry, he used to all the time but he had learned by this point. As Hevnaar circled around again and banked so Alex had a better view he looked down to see a very pissed off dragon as well as an elf fighting it.
    "Well if that isn't an interesting sight. Didn't think an elf would care about dragons threatening towns that much." Alex contemplated before turning his attention to his massive dragon, though he was only slightly bigger than the dragon that was attacking the elf and the town. "Well should we go help?"
    Shaldendrea was a little hesitant as Rethenth pushed her towards his back. She really didn't want to go with him. She really didn't want to trust him or be his partner anymore, but she was trapped. She made the mistake of searching out this pact and now she was paying the price. Peering over her shoulder for a moment, Shale studied the smoke in the sky. She could notice the shadow of another dragon pass by not far from where she was, however it was more just because of the angle of the sun. From the sounds of things the flap of wings was coming from closer to the town. Was she just running from what she had done now? Would that giant dragon come looking for her? While Shale hated her life, her pact, she was still scared to die. With that thought on the mind she mounted Rethenth.

"You know where we are headed right?" Rethenth said straight to her mind, for once speaking plainly for her to understand instead of her struggling to translate what he was saying with some of her own knowledge and a mix of magic. It often was difficult to understand Rethenth when he was angry. He often yelled at her in dragonic, not even realizing he was doing it. Of course out of instinct Shale felt the need to understand, so she used the magic she had to work out what he was saying. Most of the time she was better not doing that, save herself the hurt, but she did it anyways.

"For this stone right? What is so special about it" Shale responded trying to understand why he wanted to do this so badly. She didn't really have a choice but follow along, but it helped to understand the goal. Maybe she could feel the need to actually be helpful, instead of forced into working towards this. That was unlikely but it was at least worth a try.

"Correct, the stone is of great value and power. Perhaps I could even bend the dragon king to my will with it, just like I do with you. I will be the new king of dragons, and you are going to help me obtain it. Once I have that power, maybe I will give you a taste of freedom that you so desperately long for." He tried to tempt her. Rethenth knew deep down that she would never go for it and he had to push his thoughts on her like he did all the time, but maybe over time she would give in and let the idea be her comfort as she became the perfect partner. The elf side of her seemed to be rather stubborn and proud like elves tended to be. It was more difficult to break her than he thought, but he would work on it. She would be his perfect puppet one day. With that settled Rethenth took off away from the city towards the mountains where he hoped to find the stone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.