Dream Drop Distance BE CAREFUL!!! Do not make this mistake during important moments during the game!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Te Deum, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

L + R + Start button

Do NOT press these buttons!

I was watching the credits of DDD, and apparently, if you don't finish the credits, the final cutscene (no, not the secret movie) is not in the Theater. If you press those three buttons at any point during gameplay, the game will be reset and will bring up the main menu.

If anyone has the game, test it right now. Save at a save point, start fighting Dream Eaters, and press these buttons.

Be careful when playing.

2. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

3. Llave Superless Moderator

Pokémon ;~;

I suppose that's Nintendo's way of... I dunno. I don't really see the point of having that feature, but tis good to know.

(I'm so feckin' behind I still got to get a 3DS and KH3D.....)

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I use the soft reset a lot for several KH games. Usually if I'm using multiple saves (less needed since the induction of theater) or to try and force outcomes with random events. But yes, beware of shoulder buttons with start and select. I know it isn't on every KH game but I'm blanking on what the exceptions are. I think KH2 is one.

5. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

That isn't right... no matter what the game is
    I mean what's the point?

6. Misty gimme kiss

Of having the soft reset? I used to use it in the first game when I was trying to get Rare Truffles to spawn. People find uses for it. I imagine the final cutscene doesn't record in Theater Mode if you soft reset during the credits because the "checkpoint," of sorts, is after the credits. Most people simply let the credits scroll by and ignore the names of all the people who put months, even years, into the game. It's unfortunate. I don't know if that was the developer's intention or if it's simply easier for them this way, but yeah.

7. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Well I was trying to skip the credits and was pressing everything so yeah.

Can you think of a single idea for soft reset?

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Like I said there is some point. I just wish the game openly stated it somewhere so
    A) People that want it can use it
    B) People who don't want it know to avoid it.
    They really should also pull up a confirmation notice like in FF13. And that one was more obvious to begin with.

I remember not expecting it on BBS before. My video game rage bit is to squeeze the controller. Did so and it sent me back to title. Turn game off and walk away.

9. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

This.

It should pull up a confirmation code like you said. Now I have to fight Young Xehanort and NVA again.....

FUUUUUC
    K

10. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

I know that soft reset was the mainly used in Pokemon games for getting legendary and starter shinies. I can see it being useful in KH3D for when you are creating dream eaters and there's a chance that it could turn into a different dream eater.

11. redhairedking Traverse Town Homebody

In BBS I would soft reset when trying to make commands that did not have a 100% outcome. I suppose you could do this when making Dream Eaters.

12. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

Ohhhh I see now.

I remember in Pokemon Blue Mystery Dungeon, I would soft reset until I got a Pokemon that I wanted to be.

Still, there should be a warning in-game.