Digital Art Be my Judges KHV

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Iskandar, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Okay, trying to make the logo for my website, since I don't plan on sticking with stock footage the whole time, and I need help deciding which one of the graphics I made looks best. The first one is a little more drastically different than the others because i made it and designed the others after coming up with the idea for the website name, which I'm still working a little on, but have a general clue on. I noticed that 3 and 4 have a difference in gap on the bottom, but I can fix those. I made these in the span of about an hour or so, so it's a little bit of a work in progress, but I could use help deciding where to continue from. I was trying to incorporate both the Omega and Alpha symbols from the greek alphabet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Misty gimme kiss

I'm no pro at logo design, but I can tell you that modern design trends for logos and websites are moving towards flat colors and silhouettes. You have a nice shape going on here that will definitely be unique to your site -- but it's aged by the gradient, stroke, and drop shadow. That's fine if that's the direction you're choosing to go in, but take a look at how YouTube's logo has evolved over the years, as an example: http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/YouTube

Notice that the 2005-2011 logo used a stroke on the rectangle and a gradient/light effect. In the 2011-2013 version, they toned down the gradient a bit, but added a noticeable drop shadow on the 'Tube' text. Moving on to the current logo, the gradient is hardly noticeable and there's no more drop shadow. The app icon takes advantage of the silhouette design as well. Just something to consider when you're working on this -- again, you're already ahead because you have a recognizable and unique shape going.

As a more technical critique, the logo needs some cleaning up. It's not symmetrical, for example, in the last two images (not sure about the first two). Assuming you're using Illustrator, the best way to create a symmetrical logo would be to design half, mirror it, and then join the paths. Also be careful that your lines, well, line up. I circled two areas where your paths seem to be conflicting as well.

ao.png

If you do stick with the stroke, I'd advise keeping it consistent across the entire logo.

Like I said, it's a good start! I don't mean to come off as overly picky, just trying to be helpful.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Yeah, all of that stuff about the logo symmetry I noticed and tried to fix during the class earlier today, like straitening the bottom corner. And I actually did do the mirror thing to make it to try and make it symetrical, but since it didn't turn out quite right, what I did to fix the one side of some stuff was to make a second layer, copy the logo, reflect it, and move it to the second layer so I could arrange the half of the logo that needed fixing to match up with the side it was on, so when I flipped it back over it'd be the same.

I just needed to get this done now because it's time to start working on the webside, and there's only about 4 weeks to do it. I'm planning on using Dreamweaver over Muse as well, so I need to start ASAP so I don't run into too many issues too late into it

Edit: Okay, I messed with it a little more, and want to know if it looks any better. I'm sticking with the gradient because it just doesn't seem to work with a flat color, but I took away the drop shadow and used the Pucker effect on the M to make it stand out a little more.
    [​IMG]
    Okay, looks like the M is a little off center, but I can fix that. Anything you see besides that one?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  4. Aelin Best Waifu

I think the newest one you posted is by fat my favourite. The M is easy to see and cool to look at. Out of the original ones I liked the second one. The latest one I love how the colour gets darker from the center out. I think you have done a good job with it. There isn't much more I can say about it, sorry I can't be of more help.