Best Pixar film

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by kaseykockroach, Jan 2, 2008.

?

Best Pixar Film?

1. Toy Story

23 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. A Bug's Life

7 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Toy Story 2

6 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Monsters, Inc.

9 vote(s)
    9.8%
  5. Finding Nemo

21 vote(s)
    22.8%
  6. The Incredibles

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  7. Cars

5 vote(s)
    5.4%
  8. Ratatouille

9 vote(s)
    9.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Probaly my favorite would be Ratatioulle. For the heck of posting it, a friend of mine posted a review on his blog. Given that his thoughts are the excact same as mine, I'll post it.
    I'm still not entirely warmed up to CG animation. Even with the best Pixar film, The Incredibles, I couldn't warm up to the computer animation. Something about it just doesn't seem right to me, like the average animation of the 1940s and 1950s does. Ratatouille, however, has made me change my mind on what can be done with computer animation, and I can say (with no regrets) that this is some of the best animation done since the 1950s (not saying that it's better, but it's really on par). Even the design of Skinner looks like something out of a Bob McKimson cartoon (that's probably not flattering to some people).

It makes someone like me, who is just entering the field, feel great to see something with competence and artistic merit being done, as it gives me some lingering hope that I'll be able to work on something like that some day (probably not).

Some of the writing was a little contrived, but hell, what romance in a cartoon isn't? Everything else about the picture was great and I have a new favorite.

2. .Kairi. Kingdom Keeper

My favorite Pixar film was Toy Story. I didn't really like any of the other movies on the poll.

3. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

I haven't watched Ratatouille yet so i don't know. I really like both Toy story films as well as Monsters inc. but my favourite Pixar film i believe is the Incredibles.

4. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

ratitoui or however you spell it, did not see it because it did not intrest me, cars is not that great.
    but they keep trying to sell stuff from the movie.
    bugs life and monsters inc were good. Nemo i once was forced to watch the same 5 minute ending scene at the my eye docter over and over again, so i do not want to see nemo for a while(or ever).
    toy story is my favorite, it is the first pixar movie release. who can hate talking toys, taking revenge on sid, and buzzlightyear flying huh??
    toystory is my favorite, toy story two not as good, i liked it, but the original is the original!!!
    TOY STORY!!!!!!

5. kitalita Moogle Assistant

~~~

Finding Nemo ! Except it was really sad at the beggining... Ratatouille was okay also, it kind of inspires you to become a chef...or not......but it was good.

6. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Finding Nemo, hands down.

7. John Clay Rice Hollow Bastion Committee

I loved Toy Story. It was my favorite movie when I was a kid.

8. Nailpolish <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

it has to be toy story.

it pwns everything <3

I used to LOVE it, and it was the first pixar movie I ever watched.

9. Nobody's Shadow Kingdom Keeper

In a room where it's nine in the afternoon.
    A Bugs Life. I remember watching it constantly after it came out on DVD. Plus "Geri's Game" is attached to it and that is one of Pixar's better short films IMO.

10. Desaray Traverse Town Homebody

I absolutly loved cars! I never stopped watching it when I got the movie ^^ lol the graphics were amazing and it had a good sense of humor in it =D

11. Number13Roxas King's Apprentice

For me Toy Story its a good movie and it had some pretty great moments (Sid). Although I love all the movies this team comes up with, I own all the movies. THe only other person who makes movies like that for me is George Lucas, I love all of his movies even though THX-1138 was pretty weird at times. Pretty sad too.

Although to be honest I am a light critic who just says its a good movie if I enjoyed it.

12. beezygee Gummi Ship Junkie

A Bugs Life is my favorite. I just love, but I also like Toy Story as well. I dunno...they both are way better than the other Pixar films in my opinion.

13. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

i know finding nemo had to be tough to make, because floating fish is not easy animation.
    all animated movies in pixar take about 3 years. i used to like finding nemo. but everyone played so many times it got annoying. it is like overated. but that is my opionion. i seriously don't want to re-live the pain again!!!lol i even watched the special feature for it a thousand times!!!! no more nemo for me please.
    i seen it to many times to count, i rather watch toy story!!!

14. godzilla3456 Gummi Ship Junkie

Toy Story Because It had a good plot, and it was original

15. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Monsters Inc, the movie made me cry
    Toy Story 1 and 2, I love it so much and one of the rare sequals that are actually good
    Finding Nemo, Outragously cute Dory pwns
    Cars, never interested me
    The Incredibles, I love this movie, their hair looked odd wet and i hate it how Violet is not a goth or emo anymore in the end
    A bugs Life, Fantastic, but i always got confused with Antz and A bugs life when i was little
    Ratatouille, Horrible just horribble it took forever to get to the climax it got annoying

16. Spike H E R O

I loved watching The Incredibles. It was such a funny movie, and the fight scenes weren't too bad either. I wonder, why can't they make movies like that anymore? It really is a shame....

17. Leadcat Twilight Town Denizen

I'm quite partial to 'Finding Nemo'. :3

It's close though since both Toy Story films hold a lot of nostalgia for me.

18. koolashley King's Apprentice

A Bug's Life. I grew up with that movie, and it's such a wonderful story.

It is a hard decision, once you really think about it.

19. Absol Hollow Bastion Committee

Finding nemo. After that I'd have to say monsters inc I guess.

20. Shuhbooty moon child

My favorite's are Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc. There are SO cute. <3 them both. The both have like, sorta the same stoy line. but In MInc, there taking back a friend and FNemo it
    s trying to get back a family member. xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.