Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kevz2kool, Mar 31, 2014.

1. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

So, I finally got to finish Part II of the Bioshock Infinite story DLC last weekend, and was wondering if anyone else here had played it and what your thoughts were. Personally, I loved the new DLC; the story itself was really well done, especially in Part II, and I loved the tweaks the team made to the gameplay for playing as Elizabeth. Overall, I think I liked Part II over Part I, but both are more than worth the price of the season pass. The voice acting of Courtnee Draper and Troy Baker were just as great as they were in the main story, and I loved how they brought back the VA cast from the original Bioshock. Even the ending, to me, was very satisfying, even though this might be the point of controversy for many. However, I thought overall it seamed together the fabric from Bioshock to Bioshock Infinite, even if it did mean leaving Bioshock II completely out of the loop. All in all, I thought it was the perfect swan song for Ken Levine to ride out on, and while I definitely will be doing more playthroughs, left me satisfied and with a sense of finality and completion at the end of this story.

Any thoughts?

2. PirateNinjaHanyou Traverse Town Homebody

The ending broke my heart into a bunch of tiny little bite-sized pieces. It was, however, a satisfying ending, I felt.

My only regret is that we never got too much context for Sally. She's just a little girl who just... kinda' fell into the story line. Had she been some kind of alternate version of Elizabeth, that'd be one thing. But she was just a random little girl who just... got tangled up in everything. I felt like they could've given her more significance or backstory or something.

3. Hayabusa Venomous

I really enjoyed Burial at Sea. They should never have taken away having more than two weapons at a time, and I especially liked the shift in gameplay style present in Episode II. I enjoyed Infinite and all, but far too much of the gameplay consisted of shooting dudes without much room for strategizing. The crossbow and Peeping Tom plasmid together made the game a joy, sneaking around and timing my precious 4 bolts (of each ammo type.)

Also, I really liked the story, helping fill in parts of both Bioshock and Infinite. The best thing to me was how they fixed Daisy Fitzory's character. I really didn't like how she changed in Infinite, but Episode II really helped explain her dynamic.

One thing I do wish there were more of were the Big Daddies and Boys of Silence. I really think Infinite squandered the Boys of Silence.