Black Coats: Volume 1

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

"There are those who go through the realm of darkness and back, unscathed.
    And then there are those who must dawn the Black Coat..."

In tandem with the Kingdom Hearts SOS Saga, Black Coats takes place during the time where the keybladers have fallen into darkness. As the wielders attempt, and new heroes will have to rise to the occasion until they regain their strength. To do this, they must don the black cloak to shield them from the temptations of darkness, but also use it to their advantage.

"Black Coats" centers around the heroes that fight from the shadows. Since the Heartless and villains will be able to track our heroes that use the keyblades, new aliases and weapons must be found to combat the forces of darkness. With an aged Master Lea as the head runner for this ragtag group of misfits, an anti-organization is forged into helping to preserve and save the hearts of everyone, while also putting a stop to Nequa's devious intentions.

The wicked witch herself has also assembled her own group though... Picking thirteen of the most powerful keyblade wielders to her beckon call, she prepares to stop the black coats in their tracks. Each member of Nequa's new brand of darkness is equipped with powerful techniques as they will constantly duel you for dominion of the elements. With a new challenger around every corner, Nequa's plot must be thwarted and her true plan must be unveiled...

VOLUME 1 - ANOTHER SIDE

Chapter I - The New Black (Page 1-2)
    Chapter II - First Contact (Page 2-4)
    Chapter III - Change of Heart (Page 4-6)
    Chapter IV - The Pod (Page 6 - 8)
    Chapter V - Operation Pandora (Page 8 - 11)
    Chapter VI - Army of Darkness (SOS Page 415-436)
    Chapter VII - Charlie's Game (Page 11 - 16)
    Chapter VIII - Survival (Page 12 - 16)
    Chapter IX - Hitting the Mark (Page 15 - 17)
    Chapter X - Thunderdome (Page 16 - 18)
    Chapter XI -Saving Grace (Page 18 - 20)
    Chapter XII - Dearly Beloved (Page 20 - Present)

VOLUME 2 - Children of Cosmos
    Chapter XIII -
    Chapter XIV -
    Chapter XV -
    Chapter XVI -
    Chapter XVII -
    Chapter XVIII -
    Chapter XIX -
    Chapter XX -
    Chapter XXI -
    Chapter XXII -
    Chapter XXIII -
    Chapter XXIV -

VOLUME 3 - ??????????
    Chapter XXV
    Chapter XXVI
    Chapter XXVII
    Chapter XXVIII
    Chapter XXIX
    Chapter XXX
    Chapter XXXI
    Chapter XXXII
    Chapter XXXIII
    Chapter XXXIV
    Chapter XXXV
    Chapter XXXVI

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  2. Krowley Moderator

[VOLUME 1]
    - CHAPTER I -
    THE NEW BLACK

"Welp, this is it."
    Lea's hand lay sprawled out against the dusted cavern wall, shaking off the old dust that covered the wall. He looked up into the nothingness of darkness, with his arms stretched out. "Been some time since I've been here. I doubt the Organization's needed it since-" He looked to the impatient girl known as Karina realizing she wouldn't have any idea what he was talking about. "Nevermind..."
    It hadn't been long since the search started, and he felt as laid back as ever. The cave entrance opened as a giant rock lowered, the torches inside instantly begining to light themselves. The lit torches brightened the entrance, as below the entrance into the cave was a large spiraling staircase that want down for a few levels. He stepped forward as he began to walk down the step, nudging his head for her to follow. "So how are you holding up kid? Pick a new name yet?"

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  3. Aelin Best Waifu

The entire way there, Karina couldn't help but think of the group that she had left behind. She had not thought herself close to any of them, but still there was fond memories with them, even when she acted like she didn't enjoy anything that happened. Arriving at the location, Karina looked a little confused. It looked like nothing more than a cave to her. Why had he brought her to a place like this? Lea started to sprout off about something but stopped. A normal person would have wanted to know what he was saying out of curiosity, but Karina didn't much care, she had too much on her mind to care about this organization thing he was speaking on.

Watching as the rock lowered and torches lit, Karina observed the spiral stair case that lay in front of them. She supposed the location was starting to make more sense, but nothing was more cliche than a hidden cave hideout. Regardless she followed Lea onto the first step, trying not too look down too much. It wasn't that she was scared of heights, but stuff like this did make her at least slightly uncomfortable. Then he asked her about her name. She was going to save that until she changed her appearance, but she supposed it would be easier just to ask for his help for the supplies and such.
    "Kiara... I was thinking I would go with Kiara. But... I don't think changing my name is enough. Is there a knife, or scissors I can use? I want to cut my hair as well, and maybe find some new clothes for under my cloak. I just want to leave my old self behind in any way possible." She admitted.

4. Krowley Moderator

"You can change your identity, but never forget who you are... It may be what forges you, but it's not what defines you." Lea pulled a lever that revealed an arsenal of weapons; both offensive and defensive. The wall was lined with different shapes of blades mostly. "Back when I was without the keyblade, I worked for an organization of very... serious... guys." He grabbed a pair of chakrams. He twirled them around in his hands getting a good familiar feel of them around his fingers. "Feels like just yesterday," he smirked. "As you can see with the keyblade, it's just like an extension of yourself. Which is why I'm letting you choose. And be sure to take your time. You don't want a weapon that you aren't comfortable using later on."

5. Aelin Best Waifu

"I would rather forget who I was, where I came from, nothing good comes from it." Karina replied in a rather grim voice as she faced the weapons that opened up in front of her. "I have never fought with anything that wasn't a keyblade. The weapons were always kept under lock and key, and no matter how much I begged to learn, I was never allowed." Karina said a little absentmindedly grabbing onto the first sword. She swung it around a little, but it wasn't the same as her keyblade, and just reminded her of the loss of it. The next one was a hunting dagger. She held it for a moment and realizing that Lea never did answer her request to find a place for clothes and hair, she decided to take matters in her own hands. She flipped the dagger around and brought it up to her hair, slicing through clumps of hair until her hair fell just at her shoulders. She then replaced the hunting dagger as if she hadn't done anything at all.

Karina moved past the blades now. They all reminded her of her keyblade and she hated it. The spear she picked up felt too big and clumsy. The mace was too heavy. The claws were too close range for her. Finally her eyes fell on what at first seemed like a short rod. Upon picking it up she hit a button on the side and a whip studded with blades fell to the floor in front of her. She looked at it for a moment, wondering and thinking, before facing the wall where there was no one to hurt and flicking her wrist letting the whip fly. She did that a couple times and twirled it around a little bit, smiling.
    "I think I found my weapon... and my new identity." She said softly, looking up at Lea with her much shorter hair and new weapon in hand. She tried to give him a smile and failed so spoke instead. "I guess it is time to work on the inner change now."

[​IMG]

6. Krowley Moderator

"That's the spirit," Lea smiled. He walked over to a small table that resided beside the wall of weaponry and placed his hand on it. The orb glowed a fiery red as it revealed a stone tableture that showcased rules to what looked like a peuliar game. "Because I'm gonna show you just how beneficial change can be..."
    The tablet read as follows;

Rules of FINAL FANTASY
    Rule #1 - A Final Fantasy is declared when 2 or more parties are interested in fighting for over dominion of an element. This element can come in the form of a living or inanimate host.
    Rule #2 - The Challenger is able to choose the challenge while the opponent is able to set the conditions
    Rule #3 - The winner of the challenge gains dominion over the element and is granted judgement. To spare the loser's life, or to end it.

"You see back in the age of fairy tales, there existed a giant crystal. An immense and powerful source of magic that held inside... Fire, Ice, Thunder, you name it. Darkness came into the world and shattered the crystal into millions of pieces, spreading it across the world. The magic manifested itself inside items and giant beasts. The smaller magical items are known to some as Materia, but the purest form of each element are known for their original name of 'FANTASIES.' Finding a Fantasy meant that it could grant the user great power and dominion over the element. When I worked for an organization way back when, I was offered the Fire Fantasy... game me incredible power to control fire." Lea lit his chakrams ablaze for a second before swinging them over his back. "I still have dominion over the Fire element. And I could share it with you," he gave a small smirk. "If you can beat me that is..." He pointed to the rules tablet so she understood what had to be done.

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Kiara paced over to the tablet and read it still holding her whip, letting it curl on the floor over winding it back up inside the handle. She looked over at Lea then as he spoke and gave him a bit of a smile. "Interesting. I never have cared much for magic, but if you are challenging me to a battle, so be it. I have a bit of steam I need to blow off anyways. One can only pretend to behave themselves for so long. As much as I said I would change, it doesn't happen in a day and there has been a lot of sh*t lately that I had to hold my tongue." She stated. There was an edge to her voice, like there was a lot of suppressed emotions that she had been holding onto for a while, pretty much since she had beaten Steel to a bloody pulp. "I was told I needed to find a new punching bag." Kiara shrugged.

"So does this mean you are the challenger? What is the challenge then? I am curious what you have up your sleeve." She stated as she fidgeted a bit with her whip. It came to her attention that she actually didn't really know much about how to use her weapon. She had only ever used a keyblade, and a lot of her strength she gained while using it was gone. Her heart was reset and she couldn't stop it or reverse it like the others. Meanwhile Lea was a keyblade master who reminisced about old times that he seemed to use his weapon a lot. He already obtained the power of fire and she was to face him? How was that fair at all. She didn't really have a choice though. This was already a last resort with no where else to go, if she backed down from that then she would really be stuck. Besides so far Lea didn't seem like one to set her up for failier, so at least she could take some comfort in that.

8. Krowley Moderator

"Well seeing as how this is a lot to take in, I'lll make the challenge simple." He took the orb of from before and placed in on a pedestal behind him. "In this case, I'm the challenger." He fiddled around the orb in his hand as he walked around Kiara. "Hmm, let me think, let me think..." he pondered as he circled around her. The more he thought back, the more he recalled his younger days. This gave him an incentive to what he was about to challenge next. "Since I know I probably wouldn't win in a battle of strength, let's try something a little different... My challenge to you, is to get to the orb behind me. Can use your new weapon or whatever else you need. Simple enough, right?" He gave a small chuckle. "But here's the catch. If I ta you, I win. That's the game... Now you get to set the conditions."

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Kiara listened for a moment. Well a simple yes would suffice, but she supposed what he said provided the answer she sought anyhow. "Okay, sounds fair enough. As for the conditions, let me think." She sat silent for a moment before looking up at him again. "The conditions are as followed. One, no use of magic at all. Two, a tag has to involve a full touch with the palm of your hand. No brush of fingers or kicking me in the leg to win. And the third condition is, this. There will be a boundary for each of us. At all times you will have to have one foot in the circle I draw at least. The area to the left and right of you will not be big enough for me to slip by without you being able to touch me." Kiara replied crossing her arms. "These are the conditions, if you have chalk, I will draw out the field of battle." She finished.

10. Krowley Moderator

"Oh chalk won't be necessary." He clapped his hands as he rolled back his shoulders. It was odd to see a man his age limbering up, but there he was. Limbering up. "Man, I haven't done one of these in a long time," He looked at Kiara quickly before he cracked his neck. "You may wanna hold on to something kid... This part gets a little heavy." He cleared his throat as he braced himself.

"FINAL FANTASY!" He yelled, causing the room around them to transform. The ground beneath their very feet shifted and the room grew bigger and bigger. By the end of it all, the room had become over a hundred feet tall with Lea standing in front of a giant door. "Man, those theatrics never get old," he chuckled.

[​IMG]

"Alright kid... Whenever you're ready." He lifted his Chakrams up and pointed one straight at her, prompting the challenge. "Better hurry though. I hear these things have a time limit..." He was teasing her on purpose, as if testing her patience.

[​IMG]

11. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Kiara rolled her eyes as Lea limbered up. It wasn't like there was all that much he needed to actually do, he needed to tag her. He told her to hold on to something, but instead she was distracted by the fact he kept calling her kid. She really did not appreciate being called or treated like some child, not after all she had been through, she wouldn't pretend to be a kid or have any innocence left in tact. Suddenly things started to shift and change as he yelled out. She watched as the world around them changed in strange ways, and suddenly they were left in front of a door. That had not been what she had expected and she caught herself looking around in awe.

Of course, while she gawked, Lea spoke and pushed her to keep going. She was a little annoyed but she passed it off.
    "Yeah yeah, I am coming. Don't worry." She said stepping forward a bit of a grin on her face. Yeah she was ready for this. The whip blade pooled on the floor at her side as she tested the weight of it in her hand. After a moment of just watching Lea, she got ready to move. The chain scraped for a moment as she tried to test Lea's reactions. She snapped it towards the left and watched for the reaction before doing it again, this time on the right before darting to the left trying get past Lea that way.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  12. Krowley Moderator

Lea kept a level head as he watched her move. Kiara seemed to be a very powerful fighter, but he saw a lot of Yue in her. Hard as it was to believe, Yue was even more cold and brooding and he knew how to deal with someone with a hot head. "Taking the direct approach I see," he smirked. He caught the whip with his left hand and wrapped it around his wrist twice before giving it a good tug to get her off her balance. He outstretched his right hand to get ready to tag her once she got pulled in. "Shame, was hoping you'd last at least the first minute." Time began to move more slowly as she was brought closer and closer to his gloved fingertip.

13. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    It was an unaccounted for error, but Kiara wasn't going to go down that quick. There was a gleam of determination in her eye. Something that said she couldn't lose now. Not when this was her last chance to do something with herself, not when this was her last chance at an actual life. On her own, without a keyblade, she knew that she wouldn't have the strength to keep fighting and running. If her father caught up to her, it would be over. Lea pulled her forward, and while he caught her slightly off balance, she wasn't stupid enough to hold on to the whip still. She used her forward momentum as she took her free hand and rammed it into his arm to throw it off course. She then twisted in the other direction, spinning away and hopefully past him. She wasn't done yet however, as she did this she took the hand that was previously holding the whip and using her palm, went straight for the stomach, trying to throw him off balance just long enough for her to slip past to the door. As she did this there was a sort of gleam in her eye, a joy, a thrill of fighting. In many ways she was actually enjoying this little challenge they had going. This fight where she got to test her skills.

14. Krowley Moderator

As Lea was knocked back, he saw the raven haired charge for the door. He fell back in slow motion and examined his options. He could summon his chakrams. Maybe even do a quick aerial reprise. But how long did he want to drag this fight out? He was going to give it to her regardless. The whole point of this task was to re-ignite her fighting spirit, which she seemed to have never lost in the first place. This battle wasn't about winning for him. It was about analysis. As far as strength went, she was quite the powerhouse. Her reflexes were on par with his own and she seemed to bode well under pressure. Her weaknesses lay in her temper. From what he'd seen and been told about in the past, Karina's flaws lay in her hot headed youth. Lea always wondered if giving her the will of fire was a good idea. For years, he'd perfected mastery over the element with a cool and level head. He'd rarely break that calm, but Karina was never hesitant on going in blazing. The element of fire would be powerful with her. But also dangerous. He would have to make sure it didn't overtake her.

With that thought process done, he close his eyes and smirked as he fell to the ground. The door was left wide open for Karina. Also for game fans first person shooter, Titanfall Xbox game is sure to play.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    It was easy, almost two easy. Kiara realized that she retained more strength than she originally thought, the force behind her hits were more than she had intended, but what worked, worked. Even still as she grabbed a hold of the orb that was the physical manifestation of the element of fire, she turned back to Lea. "Next time don't take pity on me old man. I don't much appreciate you taking it easy on me. I am far to used to people thinking I can't fight, for it to feel good. This, it wasn't an accomplishment." She scoffed but took the element for herself anyways. It might have been an easy win, but a win was a win and she would take what she could get. Accept the win for what it was and move on with her life. Obviously Lea had brought her here for more than just this stupid competition, she just wanted to know what so they could do something, anything. "So can we go now?" She asked folding her arms across her chest like her win was the most anticlimactic thing ever.

16. Krowley Moderator

"I don't see why not." As Lea lifted himself up, the arena dispersed and he walked towards Karina. "An I don't know if I appreciate being called 'old.' If anything, I'm experienced. I'm just glad you didn't end up and kill me to be honest." He took his own black coat and wore it proudly. Since you've got the power of fire now, you're going to feel a lot more tingly at times. Fire is a powerful element. It can be beautiful, but dangerous. So I'd start watching that temper of yours kiddo."

He opened another torch as he unlocked it. "Now if you'd like, I have a few others that I met since I've been wandering the realm of darkness... Not keybladers per say, but they haven't tried to kill me yet, so that's a plus."

Lea walked alongside Karina as he watched her. Still as glum as ever, but she hadn't been too out of control with her new abilities. They were currently walking to his safe haven amongst the realm of darkness where he would introduce her to some other people he had run across. "So how do you feel?... With the new element I mean."

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  17. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Perhaps if you stopped calling me kiddo, I will stop calling you old, but we will see. You can't always have what you want." Kiara stated as she stood with her arms crossed, trying not to show the slight amazement of the arena just vanishing and them returning to their previous destination. Lea continued his warning about her about her temper and her magic and Kiara couldn't help but roll her eyes at it. "Good luck getting me to control my temper. There is only so much self control that one can have." There was a slight bit of defiance in her voice but she didn't intend on being super mean about it, just didn't quite feel like being talked down to like that. Soon Lea had opened a way for them to continue on, to meet some so called friends of his. Of course there was going to be more people, She just hoped to keep her temper with them.

As they walked in silence, Kiara could feel Lea's gaze upon her, and because of that she also felt the tingle of magic as she clenched and unclenched her fist, trying to keep it in control. Or course to make matters worse he had to ask about it.
    "I feel fine. It is a weird kind of strength that I feel, the magic, it is just, strange to me." She admitted not bothering to mention the odd feeling she was feeling in her finger tips, the tingling he spoke of. She didn't not want more of his comments on her temper, that would not help a damn thing.

18. Skyheart Joker

There they were, waiting in the realm of darkness. Waiting amidst the other people who had been gathered. They sat on the ground, tapping their heel against the ground somewhat impatiently, and tugging at their already upped hood. Their face, partially covered in shadow, had a bored look to it as the girl was simply waiting. She didn't really know for how long they'd be waiting, but Lea was definitely taking his sweet time with whatever it was he was doing. Standing up, the girl started to tap her foot more, as she crossed her arms. Soon enough, though, footsteps could start to be heard, and the girl's ears perked up. As the leader of the organization finally made his way in, Aeira threw her hood down and looked to him with a wave, saying, "welcome back Gramps." Looking to the girl among them, she raised an eyebrow saying, "oh, and hey there stranger." Aeira looked at the girl for a bit as if analyzing her, but simply shrugged as if they hadn't really found anything of interest. Walking away for a bit they simply said, "well, whatever."

19. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Luther paced from one end of the room to the other to pass the time. As of yet, he hadn't tried to make conversation with any of the people here. They all seemed pretty shady. Well, to be honest, so did he. Anyone wearing a long black coat with their hood up would look shady. Instead they simply stood around and waited for the man who recruited them all to return. When finally they heard footsteps in the distance, he turned toward the door, as did the others. Sure enough, Lea entered along with a black haired girl. She looked like she was in a perpetual state of waking up on the wrong side of the bed, so he didn't care much to associate with her. "Well, Old Timer. Now that you're back, would you care to explain further about what it is precisely that we're to be doing?" He asked, addressing their red-haired leader about their current task at hand.

20. cstar stay away from my waifu

Melus was not necessarily ignoring anyone. She was just up to a rather usual shtick of her's. The brunette almost always had her harp out, whether it was needed or not. And she gently strummed out chords and repeated patterns for the sake of having a comforting and familiar noise going. This dark realm... she was not exactly new to it, but that did not mean she was used to it. And she did her best to do so, but the anxieties of what could be there.

Melus liked to keep positive, and it was a simple way to do just that. So when a new arrival-- well, not that much newer, the group itself was only recently assembled so no one was new meat-- made their way to the place. Melus continued on with her strumming, playing a little tune as she looked over and said, "Hello new person, a lot of us kind of introduced ourselves in the basic sense before you arrived. My name is Melus, what's yours?"

She felt no reason to pry any more than that. This girl had an energy that she would rather be left alone and Melus was not going to start that fire herself when she would rather things be calm right then. But a name was rather helpful for if someone needed to be waved down. Melus looked over at the others, wondering if they were just ignoring the new girl outright, or if they were looking more forward to getting work done. Melus just thought it was an essential first step to know who you worked with.