Black Coats: Volume 1

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Skyheart Joker

[​IMG]

With the duo having found there way to the tallest building in Shibuya, the girl looked up at the looming challenge. Cracking her knuckles, she said,
    "I'm off." With that, the girl crouched down before taking off for a running start. Once she got to the base of the building, she continued to attempt to run up it, getting a few steps in before lunging forward, and upward, the building. Reaching out her hands, the girl managed to grip onto the side of the building, pressing her fingers in and making a grip if there was none. From there, with surprisingly agility and rhythm, she began to throw her other arm up and dig grab onto the building with that, hoisting herself up before continually going back and forth with her arms for this.

It took awhile and she definitely seemed to be exerting herself, but Aeira did not slow down in her entire ascent of the building. Once she got to the top, she was greeted with the sight of a flag, and after huffing a bit to catch her breath, grabbed it. After catching her breath, the girl looked down only to sigh at the realization that she had now had to get down the building. With flag in hand, the girl dug her hand into the side of the building before letting herself dangle. Once she was doing such, the girl let go of the building, beginning to fall, only to grip back onto the side of the building as she started to speed up. Her hand slid down the building's side as she continued to try to dig her fingers back into the wall, once doing so stopping her descent entirely.

She continued to repeat the process until she finally fell back to the ground. Once there, she shook her arm out, only to let it hang at her side to rest it. Huffing for air heavily, the girl raised the flag as she looked towards Vallus.
    "Done." With their task done, Aeira began to walk back to where Charlie was to show that they had completed the task.

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Rydia Banner.png
    At this point Seiryu had control of Rydia's body again while she was back in her own little corner of her consciousness, hiding away. She kind of figured at this point it was a little childish to keep hiding, but Seiryu seemed to be getting along with enough with Dastgir, and Rydia had no desire at all to get to know people on a personal level. As she heard the question about her eyes, she subconsciously put her hand to her face, not remember the last time anyone questioned her about her eyes.

"You would be correct in that assumption, my boy. You see, some spirits are strong enough that they can physically manifest a part of themselves on their host's bodies. Sometimes it's something incredibly noticeable, sometimes it's little, sometimes the manifestations may change over time, even add on or disappear. It really depends on the bond of the spirit and host and the strength of the host themselves. In Rydia's case, she's only had me for a few years, and while she may be strong, the only manifestation for her that's occurred is her eyes and slightly in her ears." Seiryu pointed to Rydia's ears, showing how they were slightly pointed. "I remember the last person I was in had my eyes, ears, even wings and a tail. Quite the talent, that one"

Rydia began to grumble a little, listening to Seiryu talk. It only reminded her of how we she was compared to the person before her. It was a sore spot for her, and hated it whenever it was brought up. Some people praised her for her work, but she knew she wasn't even close to the level she should be to match her predecessor. While she may be considered a genius at learning how to use Seiryu's powers, she felt it was nothing compared to what she wanted to achieve. It had always made her want to get better.

3. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Dastgir stopped and turned to Seiryu, listening to her explain the eyes. Sadly for Dastgir, his weren't as special. "My eyes only do this due to some kind of trait my ancestors had. I have no idea what use eyes that glowed when using magic had, but it must have been useful, I suppose." he spoke. He removed his hood and turned his head, pointing at his own pointed ears. "My people all have these ears. Our teeth are sharp as well, but that's to assist in eating our food. Many things are tough on my world. Nobody has grown wings or a tail on my world, however....we don't usually get possessed by spirits of dragons or the like. Mayhaps ancestors, but that's very rare."

Dastgir tapped his chin and wondered the last time somebody had been possessed. Probably that girl who couldn't stop scorching a wall in her house whenever her parents would clean it up. She ended up okay, but that spot was always there. "Ah, actually, I just remembered." Dastgir moved his scarf and showed the crystal around his neck. It was kept in place by a metal band that was fitted to his neck. "People may be possessed by spirits on my world if they wear a crystal like this one that belonged to an ancestor. Though they don't know it, it's thought that the ancestor gets a second chance at life. The case is proven by a person special to me." He smiled and covered the crystal back up.

"Let's finish this!" he erupted, stabbing the statue, causing the last of the stone to fall and leaving scrap metal bars behind.

4. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"Twin vengeance hm?" He scratched his chin and shrugged in response, eyeing Lima with scrutiny. "I suppose that's a powerful enough motivator. Assuming she cared for her twin in the first place." Arctus stated plainly. "And I'm not with the others simply because I choose not to be." He responded towards Lynn.

He planted his sword in the ground and leaned against it while half paying attention to Karina as he kept his eye on the other girl. "Hm. I'm beginning to think I'd have had better luck resolving things on my own world." He mused as his eyes began to follow Karina while she started walking away. Even if it would be a short while, he was certain that taking this path instead would prove more beneficial to him than remaining with the other Black Coats. Arctus pulled his blade from the ground and trailed behind the group, refraining from making any further one-liners.

5. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

When Alex mentioned taking out the other two, she considered it for a minute, but a part of her didn't even want to do it and she did not want to admit that to herself yet. Melus jumped up to get near Alex's level and when she knew she was definitely out of their earshot she said,"If I got one, I'd have to get both. And that would probably result in an uneven number anyway." Melus kept up the hunt for the last cat one. She started a gust of wind and let herself float from one perch to another as she continued her hunt saying, "Perhaps your first suggestion was the better idea anyway."
    x

6. Krowley Moderator

Alex nodded. "You know, you seem pretty calm about all this. Didn't take you much for a hardcore chick, but you're dealing with all this better than I did at the beginning. He continued to walk "These guys we roll with are really on edge. They don't really care what you want or what your morals are. They just want stuff done y'know?...."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As Vanitas exited the arcade, he began fiddling with a blue thumb drive he had in his hand. The symbol for "Pi" was angraved on the side, making him wonder just how important this was to get. "You better be worth the trip you piece of plastic.. Had to enter this stupid game just to get you..." He continued to talk to himself as he rounded the corner to return to Echo. "Can't say the trip is a total waste though. At least I found that loser again," he said in referral to Ventus. "Kid looks as empty and broken as the day he was traded off though. Like he's under some kinda mind trick. Either way, once I'm dne here, he'll be mine to deal with. Can't fuse with the runt if he's not at my level- ACK!!!" He held his heart as his face shifted from that of Ventus, to that of the dark haired Sora. "Stupid potion... Full heart? Please... a couple more days like this and I'll be back to controlling unversed at half my possible power..." He scoffed. "Ventus is my only shot at my maximum potential now..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Shiro returned with Lynn, Karina, and Arctus in tow.
    At the Shibuya gate was a small young teenager with platinum blonde hair, wearing a short sleeve dress shirt and jeans.
    "EXCUSE ME YOUNG MAN? ARE YOU CURRENTLY PARTICIPATING IN THE REAPER'S GAME."
    The boy shrugged. "Not exactly. But I definately work here. What is it that you need?"
    "I'M CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR THE GAME'S COMPOSER. I WISH TO CONDUCT THIS YOUNG LADY'S MARK OF MASTERY."
    The boy looked to Karina and grinned. "Is that so? Well I don't see why not."
    "BEG PARDON?"
    "My name is Joshua. I'm the current game composer after the... 'difficulties' we had with our last one. She can go, but I'm afraid the silver haired one is ineligible. Can always throw him into the other game. Something tell's me it's about to have a vacancy soon..."

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    It caught Karina's attention when Arctus actually brought something up about his home world. She actually fell back a bit to talk to him. "What exactly is there to resolve on your home world? You have never mentioned it before." Karina pointed out hoping she could get something out of him, some shred of humanity past the man who could sometimes make her laugh and have fun, even though a part of her had believed that she lost those emotions long ago. She had seen several people grow in who they were, saw how things tended to not be what they seemed, so it left Karina wondering who Arctus really was because she was sure there was more too it than what she saw. Karina just didn't know if she would like it or not, so perhaps it was stupid to try and pry, but she couldn't help herself.

As she was trying to talk to Arctus, Shiro's loud voice spoke up and Karina realized that they were back and standing before some kid claiming to be the composer. He was going to run her Mark of Mastery? This was sure to be interesting. The boy then looked at Arctus and told him that he wouldn't be able to come and Karina cringed. She knew that she joked about him following her like a lost puppy, but if he left, while there was still others around, there wasn't really anyone else that she really like, so it would feel rather alone.
    "I-I guess there is no escaping the others." She tried to joke to hide the discomfort of the idea of going into this essentially alone, as far as she was aware.

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

Having nothing else to do while he waited for Aeira to grab the flag, Vallus simply stood watch. For what he was watching out for he had no idea, but he doubted anything that he could show up would be outside of anything he could handle. At first he actually stood while watching out for anything. That lasted for about a couple of minutes before he had pretty much said 'eff it' and just sat down while he waited. Everything certainly was quiet and Vallus had just decided to look around at the surroundings.

When Aeira had landed, it prompted Vallus to stand up after nodding in acknowledgment at their task being completed as he followed behind her.

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Rydia Banner.png
    Soon enough, with all the shooting Rydia, or rather, Seiryu, had done, and the knocking that Dastgir had given it, eventually the statue they were supposed to break had finally crumbled. Rydia took back control of her body and put her comes away then turned around, ready to walk back to where they had started.

"Well, guess that job is done." She began to walk away without waiting for Dastgir "I don't see much reason to stay here, so I'll go see if anything else has changed from where everyone met up."

She didn't care too much if Dastgir came with her or not. He apparently wanted to be friends with her, but the last things she wanted was to be friends with anyone. She didn't mind helping people out, but no one said she had to be friends, or friendly about it. If it were up to her, she'd just live without knowing anyone and do what she wanted. She knew Seiryu probably had something to say about how she felt, since that dragon always had something to say, but Rydia didn't care.

Realizing Dastgir was probably a little worn from all that beating he gave the statue, and Rydia not wanting to deal with a tired partner, took out her gun one more time and shot multiple waters bullets at him, weak enough that when they hit, they simply splashed over him and soaked his head and clothes a little.

"I don't need you to be tired and sweaty for whatever's next, so there you go, whether you wanted it or not." Rydia could hear Seiryu laughing in her head, and found it irritating to say the least.

10. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Dastgir returned his spear to whence it came and patted his hands together, doing a small prayer. Obviously the statue looked to be some kind of important statue, well was, so he prayed nobody would be angry. He looked to see that Rydia was already gone. He shrugged, not really caring at this point. Trying to be on friendly terms with her was proving fruitless, so why bother at this point.

He soon started to follow her, readjusting his clothes to cover his head and crystal. Where else was he to go? Back to the start seemed to be the most logical choice, besides, he had some notes he wanted to jot down. So he pulled his notebook out and hastily scrawled a few things before tucking it away again. Without warning, he felt his body and clothes get wet and he looked straight at Rydia. "What was that for?" he asked, the water freezing onto his clothes. He still didn't have complete control of these strange powers over ice, but at least he wasn't just shooting at people. "I mean, it's water and it didn't hurt, but why did I need to get wet?" he dusted off the bits of ice, flinging them. One last piece was in his hand as he snickered and ran forward, dropping it into Rydia's shirt from behind.

11. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Arctus raised an eyebrow at Karina and, realizing he let something slip, scratched the back of his head and tried to play it off as if he had not misspoken. "Yeah." Surely there was no harm in keeping it vague. There were too many worlds out there for anyone to narrow it down to one with a handful of details. "It's um...well you've read stories before right? Because it's basically like that back home. Er...not one of the happy ones. You've got your tyrranical leader there, his army of inhuman minions, and an oppressed people with no power to undo that kind of damage. I...uh...made it out of there and started work as a–" Before he could explain any further he was cut off by Joshua stating that Arctus needed to return to his own group. Apparently it was a keyblader exclusive test.

Arctus made an annoyed face and narrowed his eyes.
    "Now look here. Just because I don't have a keyblade doesn't mean I'm ill-equipped for this stupid thing you're setting up here." He reached back for his sword to prove a point. He drew the blade. "This here sword has every bit of firepower as a keyblade." He pointed the blade at Joshua and then lifted it up over his shoulder. He chewed on his lip and tightened his hand on the grip of his sword. He lowered it to begin to point at Joshua once more. "And one more thing. What makes you think that you–Waitwhathow?" The blade he had pointed at Joshua's face had transformed in the simple swish of motioned and now in Arctus's hand he no longer held his black blade but a keyblade. A blade of key. ...No, keyblade definitely sounded better. He held the blade closer to his face, inspecting it closely and twitched an eyebrow. "Uh. Karina? Help. My sword is broken. How do I get it back?" He shook the keyblade a few times to no avail. "No seriously. Where'd my sword go? Where did it go?"

He laughed nervously and lowered the weapon. "Um...I...guess I'm one of you now? That was a lot less fanfare than I hoped for." He frowned.

12. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Listening to Arctus she didn't know if she should tell him how it sounded a bit like her own life back home. Not the same but similar. Karina bit her lip however and kept her mouth shut, she knew that Arctus didn't need to hear all this, he deserved his moment to talk. She had ranted plenty about her life. Sure not to Arctus that much but she had told Beuce and Kel and a few others from SoS about her life before, she had her time to rant, and now it was his turn. Karina didn't think she could be as helpful as they were to her, but at the very least she could try and listen.

Arctus didn't get a chance to talk that much before they had to turn their attention to Joshua. Perhaps she would learn more later. It seemed that Arctus wasn't fond of being sent off, and she didn't blame him for it, though she didn't think any amount of yelling would help. She rolled her eyes before Arctus suddenly just summoned a keyblade. Karina was shocked as he was trying to get his sword back. Finally she just sighed.
    "It doesn't work that way dumb-ass." Karina sighed. "You are a keyblade wielder now, you don't just get the sword back. You should feel lucky." She didn't always feed lucky for having a keyblade, but it was the reason she was able to escape home so at least she had that going for her.

"So what now, can you do this with me or am I still on my own?" Karina asked, keeping her voice steady hiding the discomfort of the idea of going through things alone.

13. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Arctus gave his keyblade another swing and once he showed signs of realizing that getting his old sword back was impossible he lowered the blade and shook his head. "Oh well. Fare thee well, blade of night. Guess I'll have to deal with this poor substitute for now." He shrugged and called off the keyblade, placing his hands into his pockets. "I'm up for some more adventure. Besides, how hard could this possibly be? If you hit things hard enough they won't be obstacles for long." Arctus gave a small smirk towards Karina.

"Yeah. I'll go with you. I'll try not to slow you down if you promise me how to...uh..." He extended his hand and flicked his wrist. "...if you show me how to bring that thing back. Wait. No. I think I got it." He flicked his wrist again but still the keyblade did not appear. He shrugged. "Eh. Whatever. I'm sure I'll figure it out on my own. No need to tutor me."

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Rydia Banner.png
    Rydia continued to walk when she felt something cold go down her back and made her shiver some. She turned around to see if Dastgir had done something, but didn't see him do anything suspicious. Inside her head, Seiryu began to stifle some laughter, and Rydia began to get exhausted dealing with the two of them. It almost felt like working with children to an extent. Well, for Seiryu it was like working with a child, and for Dastgir, she had no clue, but as long as they got what they needed done, whatever.

She picked up the pace a little, trying to put some distance between her and Dastgir. "If you choose not to listen to why I do things, that's your problem, not mine."

15. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

"Oh." he went, keeping the pace with Rydia. "I don't need cooling off, I don't sweat." He scratched his head. "But thank you for the effort. Did the ice help?" he asked, putting his arms behind his back and continuing forward. "Sorry, but I don't think it'd be a good idea to split up currently. You could always go back and hide again if you wanna be left alone." He suggested, figuring that would be at least a good idea for the girl. He reached into his cloak and yanked out his notebook, writing down a couple of things before glancing at Rydia. He then finished and tucked it away.

"I'm curious, but how do you reload your gun?" he asked. As far as he knew, she probably used magic to summon the bullets in the first place, so they didn't really need to be reloaded. Otherwise, he was lost as to how it worked.

16. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Koa watched as the game between his partner and the old man. After a little bit, each side had taken three pieces from the other. Finlay had turned his head to consult his partner. "It's like we're playing a bunch of flat frogs on a board," He then scratched his head before continuing. "Yah sure there's no other battle element to this game?" Koa sighed before speaking to his partner. "Yes. I'm very sure there is no battle element to this. This game is so simple that even children can play this."

17. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

Finlay slumped back in his seat. "All I do is sit here and push my flat little troops forward in the same jumpy timing. Then I hafta watch my opponent here do the same jumpy motion with his flat little troops until one of us reaches the other side to get more powerful flat troops. With either side having no advantage aside from their own heads. I swear, it's like being stuck between a rock and a..." Finlay paused all of a sudden as his eyes widened. "Tha's it..."
    "You cannot flip the table to destroy the game," the old man predicted in his demonic voice
    "Oh-ho, the only thing tha's gonna be destroyed is yer own pride ye ol' git!" Sitting upright in his chair again,
    Each player moved their pieces forward as the old man's expression grew sceptic.
    "Oh yer in for in now ol' timer. Yer gonna fall right into me trap!"
    "Unlikely. You've barely claimed any of my pieces."
    "And you've claimed barely any of mine!"
    "I'm afraid you don't understand the rules..."
    "Oh I understand plenty yah demon-eyed, pruney, possessed bench sitter! This is exactly like the battle at Dragorok valley! Two opposing forces with equal stature and strength contained in a single boxed area! Neither could push the other, and both defenses were impregnable!"
    "Your point?"
    "Mah point is that I don't gotta beat yah! I just gotta outlast yah!" On his next turn, Finlay slammed his checker piece hard against the board. "We won the battle at Dragorok valley because our group was unwilling to waver even in the slightest. We won that battle because had hearts of stone and will of iron! WE WON THAT BATTLE BECAUSE WE PUSHED THE ENEMY SO HARD THAT THEY COULD NO LONGER MOVE! HAHA!"
    The old man looked to the table to see that he was out of moves. Both he and Finlay had pushed their pieces as far as they could without sacrificing much. Looking at each piece, the oldman was unable to move. Every available move he could do was blocked by a corner, or another piece.
    "You've just been beaten by the Loganoch blockade!" Finlay, said, leaning back and smiling.
    Scowling the old man faded from his seat. "I yield," he said before fully vanishing.
    Finaly stood up from his chair in triumph, with his fists extended high. "FINLAY WINS! FINLAY ALWAYS WINS! GAZE AT MAH SMARTINESS!"
    He slapped Koa hardily on the back as he basked in glory. "Well done Cobra!"

Time Remaining: 00:39:02

18. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Koa looked between the two players as he also kept his eyes on the board. Finlay had continued to complain about the game until it had looked like a light bulb had went off in his head. The old man had quickly shut down his idea. "You cannot flip the table to destroy the game." Koa sighed before facepalming once more. As time kept moving forward, each player moved the pieces toward the other side. Finlay was unsually confident as he continued playing. He then went on to describe a previous battle he had apparently fought in. Koa was at a loss as to what Finlay's point was. Before Koa could respond, he looked back at the board was immediately baffled. The old man had ran out of moves, making Finlay the winner. It was as if Koa's jaw had hit the ground. He..He won!?!? The old man had vanished in the meantime. Koa fell over as Finlay slapped Koa's back. "WHOA!!... OOF!" Koa fell to the ground face first. He got back up dusting the dirt off his clothes and face. "Well done Cobra!" Koa turned to Finlay before responding. "It's Koa...Good job. I honestly thought you were gonna lose...No offense."

19. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    As fast as he was, Luther quickly realized he could run until his lungs gave out and collapsed on themselves, but he'd never be able to catch this rabbit just by chasing it. However, it seemed to be content with simply outpacing him, knowing it had nothing to fear. Well, why not give it a little scare and see what happened. Luther used his illusion element to briefly hide himself from view and create a double of himself in front of the rabbit that reached out to grab the thing. It instantly turned on its heel and outran the would-be-captor. Doing the same thing, he chased to to the left. The result was the same. It began to pick up speed to flee all of these figures suddenly appearing out of thin air. "Come on then, we can corner it like this!" Luther called out to Mizu. His eyes darted around to find an Alley of some kind. Some sort of secluded dead end. When finally he found one, he broke out into full speed to do his best to keep up with the rabbit, all the while creating his illusions to chase it closer and closer to it.

20. Krowley Moderator

Mizu wasn't running very fast, so she started casting blizzard spells and road along them like rails. Keeping her eyes on the prize, watching the rabbit dodge her flurry of blizzard spells. She continued to send out spell after spell as she slid along the ice rail, finally managing to have one of her spells make contact with the edge of the foot. "Yes!" she cried out, watching the rabbit stumble down to the ground. "Quick, grab it!" she yelled to Luther.

--------------------------------------------------------

[VOLUME 1]
    - CHAPTER IX -
    HITTING THE MARK
    (Karina and Arctus chapter)​

Disgruntled at the inclusions of such a novice. "INCLUDING SUCH A NEOPHYTE IS HIGHLY IRREGULAR. WHY, IT TAKES YEARS OF TRAINING AND HONING YOUR SKILLS BEFOR ONE EVEN ATTEMPTS THE MARK!... BUT I DIGRESS.. LADY KARINA NEEDS A PARTNER FOR THE REAPER GAME AND I BELIEVE YOU TO BE ONE OF THE FEW OPTIONS," Shiro stated to Arctus. He guided the two two an odd looking building that seemed to go up for just under a dozen floors. "FOR MY CHALLENGE, I'VE COMPOSED SEVEN OPPONENTS FOR YOU TO BATTLE AGAINST. YOU MUST EACH DEFEAT THE SEVEN OPPONENTS LAID OUT FOR YOU AS SEEN FIT. SEEING AS HOW THEY ARE PEOPLE YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED, THE OPPONENTS YOU'LL FACE ARE MERELY DATA RE-IMAGININGS. EACH FLOOR WILL GIVE YOU ONE OPPONENT. DEFEAT THAT PERSON TO ASCEND TO THE NEXT FLOOR UNTIL YOU REACH FLOOR 7. THE 7TH FLOOR BATTLE CAN'T BEGIN UNTIL YOUVE EACH DEFEATED YOUR SIX OPPONENTS. IF YOU LOSE ANY OF YOUR MATCHES, IM AFRAID YOU CANNOT BECOME A MASTER."

Shiro opened the doors that led to seperate staircases. "THE TWO OF YOU WILL BE ON YOUR OWN UNTIL THE SEVENTH FLOOR. I WISH YOU BOTH THE BEST OF LUCK..."