Black Coats: Volume 1

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Feb 15, 2017.

  1. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2007
    Gender:
    Non-Binary
    Location:
    The Future
    440

    Dastgir's face took the elbow as he rolled backwards. He stood up after, his face covered in cracked pieces of ice that started to shatter away. He was unscathed, thankfully for his resistence to ice, so he got up and summoned ice over his body, attempting something new. He knew the ice would be easily broken, but it at least helped shield the brunt of the attacks that Charlie launched.

    He stayed back to study Charlie's attacks and fighting style. Once he saw Finlay was attacking and failing, Dastgir rushed forward and held his hand out. He got close enough and pressed his hand to Charlie's back, blasting ice over him. His Halberd was behind him as he jumped back. He landed and watched Charlie once more nefore he spun his Halberd around, holding it in front.

    Running forward, he began to swipe and stab at Charlie, ice covering his weapon. He was trying to get more and more ice onto Charlie, his strategy to freeze him. If this didn't work, he'd try something else.
     
  2. CrownMoksha Decimo

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    On board the DenLiner
    1,340
    As expected the armor would not be easy to cut through, but regardless it had a weakness. Everything did and it just came down to finding and exploiting said weakness. He stood himself up having been knocked back and attack again with a thrusting motion at for his back. When the blade had connected the first time, time was frozen to allow Vallus to strike the exact same spot three more times before moving back. His opponent used earth so distance wouldn't be much of a factor in his defenses. Perhaps there would be a way to use that against Charlie though.
     
  3. Krowley Super Moderator

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2008
    2,288
    The stabbing motion Dastgir performed after weakening Charlie with ice was enough to get a grunt out of him. "It's only funny until you start to get annoying!" he yelled.
    He grabbed Dasgir's weapon and pulled it towards him, having Dastgir pulled along with it. After this, he dealt a swift kick to his solar plexus and throwing the man's weapon to the side.
    "FACE IT! IF YOU CAN'T GET RID OF ME, THEN GET RID OF EACH OTHER! TICK TOCK YOU DOGS!"

    In the meanwhile, Alex was growing restless with his void disc. He wanted to clear this mission and get out of there. Melus seemed passive with her intentions, Luther was taking his sweet time, and Echo was... well Echo wasn't being much help. Seeing that Shiro was watching them from above with two other keybladers, he decided that he would take matters into his own hand. If Luther was going to get rid of Mizu, than at the very least, he could get rid of Shiro. Doubling back he ran along the wall to make sure he wasn't in the order member's line of sight. Taking advantage that Shiro was focused on other fights, Alex threw his void disc into the air, and hit it with his keyblade like a bat hitting a ball. He watched as the void disc whizzed through the air, getting closer and closer to Shiro. He was about to take out one of the order's strongest members...
     
  4. Arch Mana Knight

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2007
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Anywhere
    2,430
    [​IMG]

    "Your judgment on these guys is probably better than mine. They're of...little interest to me." Arctus answered Karina as he watched the on goings of the others' challenge with some curiosity. It didn't take long for him to realize this had become a life or death situation and when it looked that Shiro was about to bite it Arctus cursed under his breath and moved forward slightly. "Screw this. Sitting around is getting boring." Arctus muttered under his breath. Magic flowed from his arm as he thrust out his hand and extended it in Shiro's direction. The air began to ripple and beside Shiro a rip in space formed and a dark hole, barely larger than the flying void disc, intercepted the projectile's path and closed the instant it was sucked into the dimensional tear. At that moment a new hole tore itself open and launched out that same void disc right back at Alex.



     
  5. Krowley Super Moderator

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2008
    2,288
    Alex wanted to catch the disc, but knew that the second he touched it, the disc would send him to the void. "Stay outta this!" he yelled as he batted the void disc away from him. It had already been activated and was flying through the air, unsure of where it would land. Gritting his teeth, Alex chased after the disc only to see it land on the edge of Vanitas' keyblade. "Lose something?" he asked as he bobbed the disc at the edge of his keyblade.
    "Why don't you just grab it and give it back then," Alex scowled.
    "Oh I know full well what this is... I wonder though, how did you manage to get one? Looks like Nequa's been busy...." he smiled as his unversed continued to protect him.
    "I don't have time for this! Echo! Grab him!"
    Vanitas wrapped his arms around Vanitas from behind and held down his arms, causing the void disc to be tossed into the air again.
    "Let go of me you weaker half!" Vanitas grunted, as the robotic Ventus complied.

    The disc tossed into the air, Alex trying to follow it...
     
  6. cstar stay away from my waifu

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2008
    Gender:
    Female
    3,251
    [​IMG]


    Melus was a little surprised how twelve things seemed to happen all at once and she didn't really know how to process any of it. Melus watched the void disc relaunch itself into the air and the girl quickly raised her arrow to shoot it. Her intent was to hit it so it went back towards Shiro. But her aim was further off than she expected and her arrow caused the void disc to ricochet straight off of it in the opposite direction, perfectly aiming straight for Charlie's face. Melus kept from cursing under her breath and tried to play it off like this was her intention all along, but she couldn't be quite sure.

    x
     
  7. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2007
    Gender:
    Non-Binary
    Location:
    The Future
    440
    The sudden kick to his gut caused Dastgir to cough out, felling to his knees. Charlie had backed off a moment and Dastgir was able to stand up. Albeit, he was shaky and it hurt, but his ice had helped him...somewhat with the blow. It still hurt like hell, but he wasn't dead at least. He looked around, finally noticing three people atop a building...just standing there. And they had keyblades. "Lovely..." he muttered, rubbing his stomach. He watched them a moment and saw one of them open a portal of some sort, sucking in an object that soon had reappeared with some guy from earlier. And now that object was being toyed with, launching itself everywhere. It was now finally aiming towards Charlie, to which Dastgir got an idea. "Clearly, whatever that thing is, is definitely something that'll cause a bad day...soooo..." Dastgir looked at his weapon, running for it. He grabbed it and glared at Charlie. He was going to distract him long enough to hopefully get him knocked out by that object. It was small, sure, but it probably would make it easier for Dastgir to take Charlie down completely.


    "Hey Charlie, clearly I'm getting to you. Why don't we do this a little more fair, eh?" he stabbed his Halberd into the ground. "What say we just duke it out with our fists? And...no earth gloves, please. I won't use my ice~" he teased, a smirk on his face. Though he did pull his journal out a moment, writing down a couple of notes. He just needed to keep Charlie distracted a little longer. He put the journal away and sighed. "I'll come at you first then." he disregard anything Charlie said and launched himself at the man. His weapon was returned to whence it came and his fists were aimed straight for Charlie's face.
     
  8. Aelin Best Waifu

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    British Columbia, Canada
    1,415
    [​IMG]
    Well this was turning into an interesting situation as something got tossed as Shiro, and it was only thanks to Arctus' quick thinking that stopped it from colliding with him. Karina watched the chaos below for another moment before turning around and stepping away from the viewing platform. "I have a few things to take care of. I will be back in a bit. It shouldn't take too long." Karina said in a rather offhanded tone, but really she just needed time and space to sort things out, and perhaps a thank you gift or two. She might not have been a proper lady in any way, shape, or form, and manners were not often used, but the weight of the necklace she wore, reminded her that she shouldn't come back empty handed, not after everything that had been done for her. And she was the leader of this team, she couldn't just leave them without some security of knowing they were alright. Perhaps if she could find a way to contact someone, then she could leave breathing a little easier, knowing they would be taken care of.
     
  9. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2011
    Gender:
    No
    Location:
    Yes
    705
    849
    [​IMG]
    It seemed like there were a thousand events all unfolding at once, and Luther barely had time to process any of it. Alex had produced his void disc and failed to take out Shiro. Things were falling apart quickly, and they didn't have a lot of time to react. If he helped take out Shiro, it would out him and his true intentions instantly. Instead, he'd fulfill his own task. Sending an illusion forward to run at Charlie, Luther broke away and produced the void disc from his pocket. His darted as quickly as he could toward the blue haired girl while still under the cover of his misdirection. "Sorry about this. It's nothing personal, but it's my job." The swordsman said from behind her. The moment she turned around, he pressed the device against her cheek and sealed her fate.
     
  10. Krowley Super Moderator

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2008
    2,288
    Mizu's pupils shifted as she noticed herself slowly fading from the void disc.
    'It happened again,' Mizu thought to herself. As a member of the order, she was a poor excuse of a leader. She was powerful, but she didn't have the rational decision making needed to keep up with everything. She was still just a child. And now more than ever, she was terrified.

    Charlie sighed at Dastgir's challenge. "I don't understand what keeps you going. If it were up to me, I wouldn't pass any of you..." The more he talked, the closer the flying void disc was getting to him. "You're using Ice against a rock user. You're only asking to make this harder on yourself. You're better off facing one of the weaker ones, but noooo, you go after the BIG FISH! Well, here's something that even the weakest of you will be able to comprehend... I AM UNBEATABLE! I AM UNBREAKABLE! I AM-"

    Before he could finish his final statemet, he felt something hit his head like a pebble.
    "What the....' the voic disc slowly began consuming him as a purple veil caused him. His eyes widened with confusion. "The hell is this... X-RAY!!!" He yelled out.
    "Dammit," Alex hufed under his breath. "I am so screwed!" He quickly aimed his keyblade at charlie and fired a small electrical spell at Charlie. "It's gonna blow! So get bent or blow up!" he shouted to Luther, Echo and Melus, before disappearing through a dark corridor.

    Vanitas was still in Ventus' grasp as he was trying to escape. "Let go you loser!"
    "Following directive," Ventus replied.
    Vanitas struggled before he managed to phase out and strike Ventus in the head, damaging the chip that Zulu had placed there. Echo's eyes went dark as he fell to the ground. Vanitas throwing Ventus over his shoulder, scoffed. "I'll fiugure out what to do about you later," he said, disappearing through a dark corridor as well.

    The spell stuck to the fading behemoth of a man as the spell grew brighter and louder. As if it was a bomb about to go off. The high pitched sound grew louder as electricity surged all around Charlie. "THIS IS NOT OVER!" Charlie barked. "YOU THINK THIS WILL STOP ME, BUT YOU'RE WRONG! I won't rest until every last one of you is dead! You hear me?!"
    The intensity of Alex's spell grew louder.

    Mizu watched, as half her body was already gone.
    'I can't let them die... Not like this...' She held her sole arm up and summoned a smaller version of Sprinkles the ice golem to wrap itself around Charlie to take most of the damage.
    'Let me do this... this one thing before I go,' she said before closing her eyes and fading into the void.

    Sprinkles kept Charlie from moving as the large man yelled at the top of his lungs in rage. "AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
    The explosion went off and Sprinkles took all the damage, causing snow and hail to fall all around the stadium.

    The reaper's game was over.
     
  11. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

    Joined:
    May 21, 2012
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Garreg Mach Monastery
    388
    601
    [​IMG]

    Koa watched everything in shock as it all unfolded. He looked over to Luther as he raised a disc. Koa's eyes widened as he shouted. "Luther!! Don't!!!" Before he could stop the man, the girl's fate was sealed. "No!!" Koa could barely comprehend what had just happened. Koa ran over to the girl while her snow golem had taken care of Charlie. Before Koa could try and heal her, the girl vanished into the void. He slammed his fist onto the ground. "Dammit!" He immediately stood and looked for Luther. "Why Luther?!?!" He could barely think. The girl and her golem had saved the group and Koa could only stand there and do nothing. He felt guilty and angry that he couldn't do anything to help her. "Why in the world would you do that?!?!" Koa was doing his best to not let his temper get the best of him. He kept holding himself back from reaching his pocket to grab his weapon.
     
  12. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2007
    Gender:
    Non-Binary
    Location:
    The Future
    440
    Dastgir's plan worked and he saw the beginnings of Charlie to disappear. Though the device was quickly electrocuted, but it didn't stop it. Dastgir turned around, wondering where he could run when he saw a golem come and wrap itself around Charlie. Dastgir's eyes turned towards the girl who was also disappearing slowly by the same object. "Damn..." he grit his teeth, watching the girl disappear. Though he did turn back and saw Charlie's final outburst as the golem exploded and sent ice and snow everywhere. Dastgir looked around, not really agitated or surprised at the snow. it was the same element as him, so he was used to it by now. It stuck to him as he sighed, pulling his journal out and recording the events that transpired.


    In the middle of his writings, Dastgir heard Koa yelling. He looked over as a man, whom Koa called Luther, had apparently sealed the girls' fate. Dastgir made his way over to Koa, standing beside him. "Koa, calm down. Don't let your emotions get the best of you." Dastgir spoke, looking towards Koa. He turned to face Luther and frowned. "Clearly he's not a good guy. If he was at one point, that's all gone now. People like him are the worst..." he mumbled the last part. "I just want to know one thing, however." Dastgir took a step forward. "What are those objects? They make people disappear. That's frightening. What happens to them? Are they gone forever? Where do they go?" He knew his questions would not be answered, but he at least could try to ask them.
     
  13. Aelin Best Waifu

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    British Columbia, Canada
    1,415
    [​IMG]
    Having walked away to take care of her own things, Karina found herself away from the fighting and towards a more civil area. It was quiet and she knew that she had some shopping to do, but first she found a place to sit and start writing. A letter, something that would ease the guilt that was weighing on her for leaving, or at least she hoped it would. She was writing to the same person who found her shortly after she had run away from home, when she was feeling sorry for herself, barely starting to heal up after the beating she had taken, realizing how badly she messed up. The woman took her in and helped her heal even, hone her anger a little bit. Surprisingly this woman didn't reprimand her for her anger, instead telling her it was justified and encouraging her to keep going and don't look back. Karina had seen some fear in the woman's eyes though as soon as Karina was healed she seemed like she was in a rush to get her out and while she never met anyone else, there was evidence someone else lived in the house. It was her, it was Dawn that sent Karina on her way towards this group of keyblade wielders where she could learn and grow more. That is where she met Luna and Noroz. Wait, there was another person, wasn't there? A third person had been there hadn't they? Shapur? No he had shown up for a short time later. But there was someone. Karina wracked her brain over this but couldn't seem to figure it out.

    Placing down her pen Karina just sat there, frustrated with herself. Who was she forgetting? She would have to ask when she got back. Quickly finishing her letter to Dawn, got it ready to send out before standing up and heading into the nearest shop. Perhaps she would remember while distracting herself with the other things that she needed to do. She had things to purchase. Something for Beuce, something for Kel, something for Stratos, and there was one more... again a spot that she couldn't put a name or a face to. It drove her insane, twisting the ring on her finger she remembered it was the same person who gave her the ring but she couldn't put a name to it. It almost made her eyes water with hate that she couldn't remember. A little longer, she would stay away a little longer before she returned. She wouldn't be able to face Arctus or Shiro like this. She didn't want them to see her so frustrated and upset.
     
  14. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2011
    Gender:
    No
    Location:
    Yes
    705
    849
    [​IMG]
    "Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag.." The man muttered to himself as the other members of the black coats witnessed what he did. Koa yelled and asked him why, but Luther just sighed. "I'm under new management. I was taken into custody by Nequa and offered the choice of dying or joining her. This group had never done anything but bicker and argue, and it was led by an emotional wreck of a girl. I didn't really see much of a choice, and now it's too late to go back." Luther looked around at the crumbling arena, then back to Koa. "We don't really have a lot of time to chat, but imagine I'll be seeing you again." Luther didn't respond to Datsgir, as the area was becoming more and more unstable and he didn't care to die due to a collapsed building. So, the man ran after Alex through the portal and back to Nequa's lair.
     
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  15. Krowley Super Moderator

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2008
    2,288
    [​IMG]

    With new revelations brought to light, the group was still intact somehow. Melus, Koa, Finlay, Vallus, Aeira, Dastgir, Rydia were left in the arena, all other combatants fleein or sent to the void.
    "So... we won, aye? I mean... That boulder headed giant is gone and so's the girly, but we won, yeah?" Finlay asked, taking a small cause to contemplate it. "FINLAY WINS!" he cheered, falling to his knees.. "FINLAY ALWAYS WINS!!!!"

    "Off to the void would be my guess," a young voice claimed, answering Dastgir. "The realm beyond. Hard to know if you'll ever see them again. I suppose only time will tell..." With the battle won and the dome in ruins, Joshua emerged from the entry way. "Tsk tsk tsk, this place got messy fast." He turned to the rest of the remaining combatants.

    Meanwhile, Shiro turned to Arctus and brought Karina to address the two of them. "WELL, IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO MAKE SOME DECISIONS. WHO TO APPOINT AS A NEW LEADER, WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR AURAS, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY; REUNITING WITH YOUR ALLIES." He looked to both of them before addressing them to ensure they remembered this last instruction. "MEET YOUR ALLIES AT THE CITY OF HEROES; OLYMPUS COLISEUM. I WILL TRY AND FIND YOU THERE WHEN I'VE REPAID MY DEBT HERE..."

    Joshua was still explaining the conditions of their victory, presenting them with their next objective. "Nevertheless, you did your tasks, and as a result, ready to move on to. He opened up a small device that opened up a hologram and placed it in the middle of the arena. "Your two keyblader friends are off to destiny islands, but for you select few, I've decided that a new departure destination. A large fortress of a mansion appeared on the projection. "This is Manson Manor. Your vessel back to the realm of light lies inside here."

    --------------------------------------------------------

    [VOLUME 1]
    - CHAPTER XI -
    SAVING GRACE

    Lynn arrived in front of Karina and Arctus, eager to know what the new dilemma was.
    "So... what's the verdict?"
     
  16. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

    Joined:
    May 21, 2012
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Garreg Mach Monastery
    388
    601
    [​IMG]

    Koa couldn't believe what he was hearing from Luther. "I'm under new management. I was taken into custody by Nequa and offered the choice of dying or joining her. This group had never done anything but bicker and argue, and it was led by an emotional wreck of a girl. I didn't really see much of a choice, and now it's too late to go back." Koa tried to keep calm and try to stay as level-headed as he could. "You could've come to us and we could've tried to help!! I know we haven't been the perfect team but in all honesty, no team is ever perfect. Especially the team you're on now!!" Koa tried to reason with Luther as much as he could. Before Koa could talk any further, Luther spoke up again. "We don't really have a lot of time to chat, but imagine I'll be seeing you again." Koa's eyes widened a bit before he tried to run after Luther. "Come back here!!" Luther stepped through the portal and disappeared. Koa stopped in his tracks. "Dammit..."

    Finlay's voice echoed throughout the area. Koa immediately sighed in annoyance before turning back to the man. "
    Ever hear about something called an 'inside voice'?? Would be very beneficial for you." A voice had then called out to the group. A young man had then emerged. He was a little confused as to who he was or what he was doing here. The young man went onto to explaining the details of their victory. "Your two keyblader friends are off to Destiny Islands, but for you select few, I've decided that on a new departure destination." He paused before showing them a projection. "This is Manson Manor. Your vessel back to the realm of light lies inside here." Koa was a little skeptical. He remained cautious about the situation until he felt something shiver down his spine. He looked at his necklace for a moment, growing a little worried. Luna...I hope you're alright...He looked back at the man before asking. "What's your name? What are you doing here?"
     
  17. Arch Mana Knight

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2007
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Anywhere
    2,430
    [​IMG]

    "Hm. Olympus Coliseum? Sounds familiar but I don't think I've ever visited." He shrugged slightly. "As for this element, I'd rather hang on to it. But if I had to give it up...eenie meenie miney mo...I pick you." In a few short seconds he wound up pointing right at Melus, seemingly choosing the girl at random. "I kinda feel guilty for...." He looked at Karina and cleared his throat. "Nothing. She'll do I guess. The girl could use some offensive juice. Especially seeing as how one of our own turned on us. Not that I particularly trusted Luther to begin with." He sighed.

    Artcus folded his arms and looked at Lynn. "Melus is about to understand the gravity of the situation, so to speak. As for anything beyond that? Vallus gets my vote for leader. But I suppose Karina has the final say." He glanced over at the young woman, somewhat curious as to where she had gone but he had done enough invading of her privacy to even ask about it.



     
  18. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2007
    Gender:
    Non-Binary
    Location:
    The Future
    440
    Things seemed to just fall into place at this point. Dastgir shrugged as everything melted and a young man appeared before them, producing a hologram of some mansion place. Dastgir folded his arms and thought for a moment. He looked at the group and sighed. "Look, I don't think we ought to just go running into these things without a plan of attack. So I vote we figure out what to do now that all this has happened. Especially since we just lost two people. One who was a decent person and the other who was just a backstabber in the end." Dastgir removed his hood and rubbed his hair. The bits of sweat having now frozen, he shook his head and let the little pieces of ice fling off. That side effect was something he was beginning to hate, but what could he do about it.


    "And I agree with Koa, I'd love to know your name first before we get going anywhere else. I suppose you're part of this reaper's game thing, correct? If so, does that make you the head honcho of this whole organization?" he pulled his journal out. "If so, can you explain exactly what caused this to all just so happen to fall into place?" He was ready to take notes, he was just waiting for Joshua to at least answer him. If he didn't, that'd pose a problem for Dastgir, but he'd get over it. He glanced around, wondering where Rydia was at the moment. She was an odd girl, but he could at least be concerned for her safety, especially after the entire place going to hell.
     
  19. Iskandar King of Conquerors

    Joined:
    May 7, 2011
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Texas
    1,090
    Rydia Banner.png
    Rydia had no idea what had happened before, with one of the people in their group getting rid of two of the others using some kind of disk-thing, and then a snowman appearing and then blowing up, and now part of the group seeming to be against them. Not really knowing who these people were made her not want to think about it even more. It was too much for her brain to take at this point in time. And now there was a kid who showed up basically taking the reigns and telling them where they were going next. She was staying behind the rest of the group, keeping out of their visions as she watched what was going on.
    "Well, I guess as long as it gets us out of this weird place." Looking at the portal that was showing some kind of mansion. "I'd really prefer going back home, but I guess it isn't going to be a straight shot."
    Well, at least you get to help them out some more. Seiryu was butting into Rydia's thoughts and she didn't enjoy it.
    "Oh sure, I get to help out people I have no interest in. Yay for me."
     
  20. Krowley Super Moderator

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2008
    2,288
    "Someone's in an investigative mood," Joshua smirked. "But if I have to catch you up on every little detail. you'd waste more time than needed. My name's Joshua. And if I had to appoint myself a job title, I guess you could say I'm the composer of this place. The overseer and benefactor of Shibuya." He looked around at the arena and walked about casually, doing his best not to step or trip on anything. "My duties here aren't too difficult. The Game master's I select do most of the heavy lifting, but as you can see... not all of them act of your best interest." He looked to the place where Charlie vanished.

    "But as composer, I remain unbiased to the needs and wants of those who come here. Shibuya is nothing more than a gateway that give those trapped in the realm of darkness the opportunity to return to the realm of light. Your morality plays no factor in the matter. What was it that Charlie said.... 'Survival of the fittest?' Thankfully it didn't get as out of hand as anticipated." Small crumbling pebbling fell on Joshua's shoulder as he dusted them off. "Now... not to be rude, but a new game is going to start soon and I have the fun duty of clearing the board. Your destination back to the realm of light has been decided. Feel free to take a black coat on your way out," he smiled as he began to walk out of the arena. "You made it this far, right? A little further won't kill you. Just don't quit too easily. Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world..."