Black Coats: Volume 1

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    It was about time that Karina returned. From what she could overhear from where she was, the game was about ended and it was time for her to depart. She looked at the clothes she had gotten for herself, then looked at the black coat. "Sorry Lea, it looks like I wasn't who you needed here after all. It is time for me to keep walking my own path." Ditching the jacket, Karina dawned a old beat up red cape, something that seemed to have found it's way through the realm of illusions. "I won't be caught that weak again, I will prove it to everyone." She mumbled as she made sure to move her recorder this time to her knew outfit, holding it tight for a moment before letting go, her finger moving the touch the red gem of the necklace that she wore, a present from Beuce shortly after the first large scale heartless battle. Finally she was ready to return.

[​IMG]

Walking back up to where she had left Shiro and Arctus shortly before, Karina seemed to be walking taller, shoulders back and head held high. She gave the gifts she got a squeeze in her pocket before getting close enough to face Shiro and what he had to say. It was indeed time to go, but first to choose a new leader. Stepping down to where everyone else was waiting, she approached Koa, ignoring Arctus' request of who to make leader. "Koa! I am trusting you to look after this group of misfits now. But don't worry you won't be alone, I called in an old acquaintance to help out. She should be a lot of help leading, or an-"

[​IMG]
    "Acquaintance? I took you in when you had nothing and that is all we are?" A female voice said from behind as she approached sword sheathed at her side as she pulled Karina to the side. "You know I can't stay for long, what if he returns."
    "He isn't going to return any time soon, he hasn't in the last five years, why would he now?"
    "I don't know but I know he is still out there and my brothe-"
    "Yes, you told me already. If he somehow shows up give him hell you aren't a kid anymore. I am trusting you wilt these people. They are good people, they are strong, and so are you." With that Dawn felt a warmth fill her body, but Karina was left shivering for a moment, pulling her cloak tighter around her before forcing herself to face the others, cutting off any more of Dawn's protests.

"As you all know I have to leave, Koa is in charge now, respect him, and Dawn is here to aid you in whatever ways she can. Stay safe and don't make me drag myself back to save your sorry asses, got it?" Karina instructed everyone before turning and walking back to Lynn and Arctus. "Guess it is time we head off, Destiny Islands it is then. Lets go." Karina said without a second glance beck to Dawn, or any of the other friends she was about to leave behind. She would walk away with confidence even if she had none. She was just going to fulfill a promise after all.

2. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Arctus folded his arms and blinked eyed the newcomer with some curiosity. Karina picking Koa didn't surprise him at all. It was obvious Koa was more suited to the task...if not by much. If things had been different, he had known that he would have been the most capable to take the mantle. But his place was elsewhere. And this act was growing tiresome. Appearances. Did it even matter anymore? With Lea gone, he wasn't so sure anymore. Perhaps it was out of guilt that he kept it up. He didn't know. He should have felt free by now but all he found himself doing was going through the motions.

"Hey, Melus!" Arctus called out. "Here's a little present." His hand shot forward and a dark purple wave of energy shot forth, striking the girl. "I'm sure you understand the gravity of what you have now. Take care of it and use it to keep the others alive. Right? Right. See ya around." After a short two finger salute he stepped closer over towards Lynn while Karina began to approach the two. "I'm all set to get moving. I don't want to stay put here any longer."

3. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Dastgir finished taking his notes and closed the journal, putting it back in his cloak. He turned back towards the two who were leaving. They were indeed departing gifts and apparently naming a new leader. An odd thing to have just become a part of, but Dastgir wasn't too worried about it. Oh, Rydia is back, what a joy. He turned towards the girl and ruffled her hair. "Don't worry, you'll get used to them." he said, removing his hand. He turned back to Joshua. "Also, I'm already wearing a black coat." he said, pulling the hood back up on his head. Wherever this Manor was, Dastgir was just ready to get out of this Realm of Darkness and back to the Realm of Light. There were quite a few things he had left unfinished.

"Can I make a suggestion? Learning names once we made it to the Manor would be a good idea. I only know two of your names. I'd love to know more names...oh, add on Dawn's name, too. So three." he held up three fingers.

4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Impatient are we? Shouldn't that be my job?" Karina sort of teased. She could never fully understand Arctus though, she didn't know why he didn't seem to like these people and was in such a rush to leave. She could pester him about it, but that seemed like more effort than it was actually worth. Karina doubted that he would be that open with her even if she tried. Though returning with him did leave her in a weird spot considering what everyone thought of them, she wasn't looking forward to seeing how people were going to react when they returned together. Sure she had kissed him, but Karina honestly couldn't say what her feelings for him were and while everyone seemed to think that they were a thing, at this point in time it was untrue.

Following the route they took to Destiny Islands the first time, Karina managed to navigate them there again as she saw a boat waiting for them.
    "Well shall we?" She asked almost sounding nervous as she stared at the boat, waiting for Arctus to make the first move towards getting in it.

5. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Arctus stepped towards the boat and glanced over at Karina, unsure of what to say towards her. "I..." He questioned the worth of what he had to say and found it wanting. His expression stiffened for a moment before it was loosened with a small hint of a smile. "You're not as bad as you let on. Not quite." Arctus tried to make it sound positive but he knew nothing would change the circumstances. After a moment of hesitation he walked forward and soon stepped on the boat.

"This assignment has been a complete mess." Arctus let out a sigh. "Never thought I'd be a part of another that would fail so...so tremendously." He muttered mostly to himself. "Maybe it was a sign. Hm." He shrugged. "I suppose there's things better left unsaid. Though I could offer to be more open if you care to listen. I know we haven't really known each other too long and you'd much rather be with your other friends but...it'd be nice to air some things out."

6. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "What did you see going through those battles of yours? Something must have scared you enough to give me a real compliment." Perhaps that was a bit harsh, but she had rarely heard such nice words out of him. Though his mumbling did have her concerned. Maybe it wasn't the Mark of Mastery, but there was something up with him. Karina took her place in the boat across from Arctus, grabbing onto the oars so they could at least get to the open sea. "I might be a bitch, but I won't deny anyone the chance to talk if they need it." Karina said bluntly. Nice encouraging words were not her forte. For a moment she worried that he was going to profess his love for her, the way that he started talking, but Karina kept that thought to herself, even if he was she wouldn't know what to tell him. Sure they had that kiss, but she couldn't really say what it meant to her. She couldn't say that she felt strongly one way or another about it, something that kind of worried Karina. After all as much as she pushed people away, she had no desire to end up on her own. "No changing your mind about telling me now, I am too curious now."

7. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Arctus raised an eyebrow. "Hmph. Yeah I suppose that's why I brought this up to begin with. Nothing spooked me but I suppose it started with Lea's...disappearance. Or death? Whatever happened to him." He looked over at Karina. "I do think you are an interesting woman, Karina. I'm...fond of you. Not often I get to admit to such things." The ship began to depart. Arctus placed a hand in his pocket and anxiously tapped his thumb against his leg outside the pocket.

"I was recruited by Lea specifically because I wasn't like the others. There's been some deception, and for that I'm sorry, but it was never malicious." Already he felt his anxiety rise and his stomach turn. If he had been in her shoes a few years ago he would have killed someone like him. "Never got the full details of my particular mission but I was brought into the fold because I was both an unfamiliar face to everyone and..." He summoned his keyblade in his hand. "A keyblade master. Lea needed me to put on an act to not raise suspicion and I was already capable of hiding my keyblade from that radar. So...thus Arctus was born. Acting was never my strong suit to be honest. I kept it going for so long because I felt like I had to. Lea was gone but whatever he plans he had for me must have still been in motion. But I waited. And waited. And my patience ran out. So now I'm telling you this." He let out a sigh.

"Look you can hit me if you want. Or hate me for lying, even if nothing really came from it. But I'm here to help now and I've always been on your side." He gave a short pause. "My birth name is Castur. My homeworld was a mess. I was a mess. I took this mission to prove I could be better. That failed and, well, even if I don't get a second chance I'm going to keep trying until I'm dead." Castur scratched the back of his head. "I'm sorry. I never wanted to put on this mask to begin with but what happened back at that huge Heartless battle...that was honestly the first time I've ever had fun in I don't know how long. Regardless of how you feel, I've enjoyed my time with you Karina. So go ahead. Punch me now if you want. I know I deserve it."

8. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Oh god, oh god, here it came. He was actually going to admit it wasn't he. Karina found herself biting at her lip and turning a little red despite herself. She didn't want to show how embarrassed that she was but she couldn't stop herself. Then he said Fond and Karina seemed confused for a moment. What did that mean? It was such a vague term, what did it actually mean? Did he mean like friends or like more than friends? She couldn't tell and it didn't seem to be the thing that she needed to worry about as Arctus wasn't done speaking yet.

The words clanged through her as he said what he was and what he could do. Karina could only stare at him blank faced for a minute. She didn't know what to say to him. She didn't know if she was more mad at him or Lea.
    "All this scheming and he couldn't bother to let us in on anything? He couldn't tell you why you were there and he made me leader when there was someone clearly more capable hiding there. And with that more capable person he didn't think to let them know why they are there. Speaking of leaders, why the hell didn't you stay and lead them. Lea clearly wanted a keyblade wielder there who was actually able to keep their keyblade. Why would you walk away on that and follow me." The moment it left her mouth she realized how pathetic it sounded and it upset her even more.

"Well if there is one thing we still have in common, it is the mess. I am not going to hit you. If Lea was here I would hit him." She snarled. "Gods why did he leave me in charge I don't know what to do with it and now I feel like I am a failure." Karina ran her fingers through her hair. "I am still calling you Arctus by the way. Too weird to change now. Speaking of names, I assume that is why you knew mine, it wasn't just a really lucky guess." She pointed out wondering, thinking back to those tense early times.

9. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Castur raised an eyebrow at Karina's response. He was glad that she hadn't decided to punch him but her anger at the situation was more than understandable and truth be told, he had no easy answer for her. "Honestly I don't know why he did the things he did. I could tell Lea was smart. He had a plan for doing what he did and maybe he just got dealt a bad hand and did the best he could under the circumstances. Bigger and badder things are brewing in the Realm of Light and I can just feel that this is where I'm needed most." Castur eyed Karina. "I think you being the leader was a good idea. You wouldn't have taken the role unless you were forced into it. You grew because of it and you're stronger for it." He walked over towards her and reached for her shoulder and hesitated before lowering his hand, feeling that such a gesture would be unwanted from him.

"I've seen you grow in the short time I've known you. That's not failure. You are not a failure. Even if you refuse to call me by my name." He flashed a brief smile at Karina as the ship sailed farther and farther. "Yeah. Lea told me your name. I was hoping you wouldn't take that stab at your name for anything other than a lucky guess."
    He chuckled. "Besides. Karina's definitely a prettier name than Kiara. Not even sure why you wanted to change it. ...Yes. I realize the irony of me being the one to tell you this."

10. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    How was she to explain that being leader made her scared, walking a fine line of becoming what her father was? "Well some one had to take care of them didn't they? That group was kind of helpless on their own, and without Lea there it just fell on me. I had no choice unless I wanted to watch them all die." Karina admitted. If Lea was still around she would likely still be struggling to lead them, the loss of him was a big hit but he was right, it made her grow fast. She had little choice in the matter. She watched him lift his hand and then drop it again. She didn't say anything but part of her wished he had placed his hand on her, or hugged her or whatever he planned to do. She wondered if he, or anyone else realized how much she longed for human contact. She held that back though, she wouldn't let it on, it would make her seem too desperate.

Arctus still didn't know the full story though. He said she wasn't a failure, but he didn't know that, he didn't see what brought her here and as he pressed about her name, Karina let out a sigh knowing that it was time to admit the reason why. It would be harder to dodge the question, not impossible, but not worth it.
    "I needed to change it, because Karina... the name.... I was trying to run away from myself. I hated myself enough that I not even I could stand being around me, much less expect anyone else to respect me. What was I supposed to do when I fell so far into a pit of despair and self loathing? Lea suggested I take a new name, so I did." Karina tried to explain. Her head bowed and she stopped rowing. "I ran away from home, I was a failure there. I joined SOS, was hated by everyone, caused one of the nicest people there to lose his arm to save me, then I lost my keyblade. Trying to get it back I had to face an illusion of my father. There was a man named Vincent with me and he died trying to defend me from my father. From there the illusion faded and I was unable to summon my keyblade. It was then I decided that I couldn't even pretend to be okay with myself and gave up on it all." She admitted.

11. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Castur leaned back once she had finished explaining. The look on his face briefly showing the shock he currently felt before being replaced with a grin and a raised eyebrow. "I suppose that makes me a monster then." He shook head head. "So far you mentioned at least two people you've inspired to see worth in you. Two people who saw something good in you and stuck their necks out to help you when you needed it most. Don't blame yourself for their choices. Appreciate what they did and try to look deep to understand what they saw in you. Never let a sacrifice go in vain." He lowered his gaze to the oars and took them when Karina stopped rowing so that he would row for her if only at a snail's pace to extend their private journey.

"Believe it or not, you're a better person than I am. Not that I set that bar particularly high." He commented solemnly, his eyes fixed on Karina. "Hm. Would you rather I switch back to stupid happy-go-lucky Arctus? He didn't brood." Castur mused as he paused rowing for a moment to look up at the sky before returning his attention to Karina. A memory flickered into his mind causing his serious expression to fade. "Want to know one thing I never expected to learn from you? Something...I'm pleasantly surprised to know."

12. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Seeing worth in herself that was something she was still struggling with, but the promise the she made Beuce was what was keeping her going for the time being. "I can't say I know what they saw in me, but I made some promises and I need to see them through, so at least it is a start and maybe I can learn from there." Karina admitted, she smiled slightly as she spoke of Beuce, something about the thought of him and what he did for her, how he brought her to this point. "I won't let their sacrifices go in vain, that is why I am returning." Staring out to the sea beyond she could see a storm forming but ignored it in favour of the current conversation.

She had to say she was interested in what Arctus might have learned from her but first there was a more important matter to deal with.
    "I don't want you to be what you aren't. Besides it was that happy go lucky Arctus that I wanted to punch. I think you are safer brooding." She admitted to him. When he was joking around and getting on her nerves it was a distraction, one she needed but not one that should be kept up. "So what did you learn from me. I will be surprised if it was anything good." And yet it sounded like it was, it made her wonder what it could possibly be.

13. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Castur gave her a nod when she told him not to be someone else. Playing the other role had been illuminating but it was exhausting for him. Having to hold back and constantly play dumb had been a true lesson in humility. One he was not willing to repeat any time soon. "Safer? Well I guess no one is truly safe from the wrath of the mighty Karina." His eyes flicked over in the direction of the storm and he narrowed his eyes at it momentarily before returning to the conversation. There was no turning back now. In more ways than one.

"I learned that...and...the surprise and shock I had back then was genuine..." He moved one hand from the oar to rub the back of his neck. He shifted in his seat and chuckled. "I learned that..." Once more he found himself unable to finish the sentence. Speaking had been so much easier when he held the confidence of an ignorant idiot. Now that he was slipping into his normal self that was starting to fade and give way to pragmatism, skepticism, doubt, and the pessimistic realist that was buried within. "Damn. No matter how I word it the words just sound...dumb. Awkward. Childish. Maybe I let that misplaced confidence as Arctus go to my head." There were likely a hundred reasons why it would have been better to stay silent. None of it could ever go his way, he thought. Realistically failure was always more likely than any alternative. He bit his lip and his eyes darted from Karina to the oars and back to Karina again. Something so small had been difficult to say. Admitting his true name alone had been hard enough. Even so he knew that he was no coward. Saying something was the only option before him. "I learned that you were--are a good kisser. Back there that was...nice. Look, I know we'll likely be parting ways before long and I'm little more than a brief blip in your experiences. Naturally you have more pressing things to worry about but despite all the teases and annoying prods I gave you under a different name, that was something that mattered. To me at least." Castur looked back down and his eyes focused on the oars as he began to row at uneven forceful pace.

14. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "I... uh.." Karina's face went red, bright red. She put her hands in her pocket gripping the necklace in her pocket, thinking of the one she wore, then looking to the man in front of her. She hated herself, hated that she didn't understand these feelings and how confusing they were. Since she left the big battle after getting her keyblade back, all she could think of was the promise she made Beuce, she had almost forgot about the kiss. It was lie when she had said it didn't mean anything but she didn't know what it did mean. She didn't want to say the wrong thing here. "I... that was my first kiss." She admitted to him. She had no interest in guys on her home world and denied her husband-to-be if her father had his way.

Sighing, Karina rubbed her hands over her face.
    "I don't know how small or large of a blip in my life you will end up being. I don't know where our adventures would take us from her and how things will go with this group, but I will always remember it... and you." She tried to respond, it was the first thing she could think of to say to him. "And I will never forget how you reacted to that kiss." She teased him trying to lighten the mood, trying to make things less awkward between them and know what to say to him. It was the best she had got for the time being at least.

15. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Castur tilted his head. "Reallyyy?" He grinned. "Still..." Castur's pace with rowing continued at a more leisurely pace as he shifted in his seat to get more comfortable, his voice relaxing when he spoke again. "At least something good came of this." Castur said, eyeing Karina. The rumble of the storm came closer the farther they got. He was starting to realize what was going to happen. It was certainly going to be an exciting way to be transported. "Hm. Looks like we're nearly there now. If we don't see each other on the other side, it's been good to get to know you, Karina. Really. I won't forget you either, Kar-Kiara." Not even seconds later the two had entered the storm and the force of the winds, the powerful waves, and the torrent of water capsized their puny boat in moments.

16. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Karina smiled, a rare, genuine smile. "God damn it Arctus. I won't hear the end of that will I?" Karina asked as she braced her hands on the side of the boat, trying not to fall overboard. "If you hand over the oars I will try and get us out of here fa-" It was too late though, the storm was too fierce, there was no way that they were making it out of here. The boat flipped and Karina found herself reaching for Arctus, trying not to loose him in the wind and waves, but it was to no avail, as something was pulling at her foot dragging her under, deep into the ocean and out of the sight of Arctus. When she realized struggling was useless, she gripped on to her necklace, closing her eyes. "Sorry Beuce, guess I couldn't keep my promise after all."

17. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

"Well lad, Im glad you asked..." Finlay said, pushing his heavy hand on Dastgir's shoulder. "Mah name is FINLAY of the LOGANACH clan. Lord and Chief of the village of Drankar! Slayer of the Mythrilbeast! Commander of the Dragon Guard! Conqueror of the Eastern Isles, and their women- And before you ask, It was consensual. Savior of the Jorgen seas! Son of Angus the Invincible and Thor's champion of Thunder! I am Finlay Loganach! THE DYNAMIC VIKING!" He struck a muscular pose for added effect. "So what they call you and what have you accomplished?" he asked casually. He quickly looked to Melus in shock. "And you! Where the bonnie blazes have you been!"

18. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

By now, Dastgir had written down everything Finlay had said about himself. Well, at least the parts he didn't already have written down. it wasn't like he hadn't already heard this before, but he decided amusing Finlay was better than ignoring him. Dastgir put his journal away and sighed. Dastgir took Finlay's hand off of his shoulder and turned to him. He cleared his voice and took a firm stance. "My name is Dastgir. I come from a world whose name I have currently forgotten. I had hit my head, so that's possibly the reason why. In any case, I am currently 258 years young. I am a Guardian of the Seven Sages on my homeworld. My halberd has been used to stop many evil-doers in my time of service." he touched the crystal through his cloak and pulled out his halberd. He stomped the end down onto the ground and glanced up at the blade that reached 6 inches above his head. He was already tall to begin with, so this was a pretty darn long weapon.

"Let's not forget, I am betrothed to a future Sage from my world. Her name is Ananta and she absolutely hates me." he laughed jovially. "But, I am determined to try and show her I am worthy to be married to her. Ah, I wish I could find her...but I believe she's in the Realm of Light. So I'll eventually see her, I suppose." he shrugged.

He glanced at the rest and wondered if they'd do something similar, but he wasn't sure, considering Finlay was pretty...unique.

19. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

"Well whot a co-inky-dink!" Finlay exclaimed. "Koa over her has himself a lass that he's engaged to as well," he said, thrusting his arm atop the small man's shoulder. "We just fought a fearsome battle with her not to long ago. Finlay helped slay many things, no big deal- But the fact the two of you have lovers yah can't reach is truly a shame," he said. "Wish I had me a betrothed... She'd be a strong lass with long locks and a nice meaty-"

Before he could finish his description, Lynn arrived onto the scene. "Well, I guess I have to deal with the lot of you," she said, approaching them. "Pretty sure none of you remember me so that will at least smooth things over. Where is your entry point to light?"
    "Manson Manor," Finlay barked. "Hey wait a sec... aren't you the lass who fled the labratory fight? Yer with the WITCH! KILL IT!" He said, drawing his axes.

"Will you stop that!" she yelled. "I've defected from that place alright!" she said, chopping Finlay's head. "I only stayed to keep my twin sister safe. But now she's gone, and I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure Nequa pays..."Her eyes widened, recalling where Finlay says their entry point to light was. "Wait... Manson Manor...."

"Aye... Why, y'know the place?"
    Lynn shook her head. "This is bad... Why the hell would this stupid game send you to HIS home."
    "Whose home?"
    Lyn sighed. "Oliver Manson... None of you have met him yet, but he's strong. Very strong... He's one of the strongest members of Nequa's Red Society. Even Charlie didn't want to fight him... And everyone here is still set on going there?"

20. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Rydia Banner.png
    Rydia felt dizzy as she listened to the loud one named Finlay introduce himself. It was one of the most long-winded and drawn out introductions she had ever heard. If nothing else, the guy had energy to spare. The guy seemed to be pretty distracted fairly quickly though, as eventually his attention had been turned to another girl who joined the group. This one seemed to know something about where they were going, and didn't leave much of a good impression.
    "Well, if it gets us out of here, I'm willing to go anywhere," replying on her own to the new person's question about the danger they were going into.
    It seemed like most of the others in this group of people had met this new girl and were more aware of what was going on than she was, but it was too much trouble to ask for the backstory. Rydia simply felt it best that she just go on and take things as they came.
    "Oh yeah," pointing her finger in a "aha" notion, and lowering it toward Finlay "How in the world do you have so much energy, especially after what just went down?"