Boy Troubles Pt.2

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by T3F, Jun 27, 2013.

1. T3F Chaser

So I met this guy, and we shall call him K. K is a great guy that I have everything in common with. We listen to the same music, we play the same games, watch the same sports (even though he goes for a different team) anyway long story short, I kinda sorta like him. But there are a few problems with this:

1. I refuse to date this 'type' of person. As my friends have described, K is a bit of a douche. He kinda treats me like a second option, if that makes sense. I don't expect him to go out of his way to hang out with me, but its kinda happening the other way around, like he's blowing me off to hang out with other girls. Granted, I'm pretty sure he's related to these girls so there is no problem. When we're together though we have a lot of fun. We drive around, watch movies and whatnot, and he's overall just an awesome guy to be around. He did have the nerve to call me a loser publicly over Facebook, but that was a joke and really nothing.

2. As much as I hate bringing him up, I'm afraid I must. He has been a huge part of this whole process (including being the first to see that K is a douche). It is none other than my best friend M, and if you have read Boy Troubles 1, you would be fully aware that M is also my ex-boyfriend. On talking about K, not only did he call him a douche, he also said "he seems like the kind of guy who could hurt you." I trust him a lot, because we're quite close. About a month ago he started liking someone, and I cringed so much at the thought of him going out with another girl. Now, I've been having regrets about breaking up with him...pretty much since I did it, and I know we can't go back to how we were. As it turns out that girl didn't like him back, and as a joke I texted him saying "her loss. Don't worry, I'll kick her butt soon." M and I are really close, and I fear that pursuing a relationship with K could ruin everything in our friendship. At the same time, going out with K could most certainly get rid of any lingering feelings for M once and for all.

KHV, I believe I have a dilemma on my hands. A little voice named M is telling me not to pursue a relationship with K, but maybe I'm just over-thinking K's actions because of what M has told me?? Anyway, I need an opinion, should I give K a shot?

2. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

Well, here's what I think.
    If you're kinda skeptical about your relationship now with K, like how you feel he treats you like a second option and all, maybe you should think well about going out with him. Also, you say he's not your 'type' or a sort of ******, so that's another thing to consider. What I'm saying is you don't want to have doubts if you're gonna go for him, so maybe give yourself a little more time to be sure. It'd be a shame if you two did get together, but there's some sort of lingering doubts or worries that would spoil it.
    About M, well exes are exes for a reason, so try not to feel bad about that yeah? At least you guys are still good friends!
    I'm sure he's just concerned for you. Does he know K well enough though? Also, would M really stop talking to you if you went after K, or would he stand by your decision and still be there as your good friend?
    So uh, if I were in your position I wouldn't know what I'd do either, the least I can do is tell you to give it some more time, weigh your options and find what's more important to you, and then you'll know your answer ^.^
    I hope this helps ;___;

3. Llave Superless Moderator

Lol I have no dating experience (loser 4 lyf), but I can tell you this much, go with your gut. If you see K as a jerk, then that's telling you something from the start. I don't think it's wrong to have your love interests open, but sometimes we get fluttered over similarities etc. Just because K may like a lot of things you do, doesn't mean you need to date him. I could be wrong, maybe it could work, but that's ultimately up to you.

As for M, that's also on you. You're a wise lass, so I'm not so concerned.