Support Broken Wheel on Our Lawnmower

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

A long time ago, I was running on little sleep, and when I was putting the car into the garage for the night, I ran into the lawnmower, damaging the right-front wheel on it and some paint on the car on the passenger side.

Anyway, I was just mowing right now in the rain, and I was turning the lawnmower around, and the wheel completely broke off. Is this possible to fix? We don't want to have to get a new lawnmower.

2. Misty gimme kiss

This probably is not the place to ask, I very much doubt people here are experienced in lawnmower repair. If you're good at tinkering it doesn't hurt to try to fix it, or see if there are businesses around you that may perform such a repair.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

There is a lawnmower business here (that's where we had general maintenance done on it a few years ago), I just wanted to see if we could fix it ourselves and save ourselves some money -- I can guess it'd be at least 100 dollars.

Anyway, I'll ask my mom if we can go by there. Thanks for the response!

4. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

Mind me asking how old you're lawnmower is? If it's around 8 or 10 years old you might want to think about investing your money into something brand new rather than repairing something which may break again.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

About ten years old.

6. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

You then might want to think about buying a new one though, I'm not to sure how much a standard lawnmower is going to cost you.

I think you should still visit the shop and see how much it will cost to repair before you start thinking about possibly replacing it.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

My mom said the same thing. General maintenance would be 80 dollars since we need to have that done again, and wheel repair, we don't know, but we could get a new one for about $180, and my mom can get it at Sears and put it on her Sears card.

8. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

I'm glad your mum and I think alike lol.

9. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Depends on what kind of lawnmower it is. If it's just a simple push mower, which I'm assuming it is, you'd need basic welding skills and a welder. If you lived closer to me I could stop over and weld it for you. This is of course just an easy fix. As others have said though you'd be best to just buy a new one seeing as yours is ten years old.

Living in the country provides me with such benefits as lawnmower repair know how. To be honest I'd have probably found a piece of scrap metal and a few well placed screws to reattach the wheel.

-Periwinkle

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Seeing as how it's ten years old, just get a new (and better) one. Who's to say your old one won't break down after repairing the wheel?

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

This can be locked now. Don't really need help anymore.

We looked around two places that didn't have the wheel, so tomorrow we'll be going to Sears and looking there.

@Nights, for the reference, it's a Craftsman 917.387470.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.