Calling all Role-players, or anyone that wants to be in an RPG game

Discussion in 'Archives' started by DigitalAtlas, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myx06 Destiny Islands Resident

judging #1

good basis character, just a little cluttered...(ex. 2 different wings, voodoo dolls)

2. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Yeah you can be one, but that's all. Three is more than enough.

Umm... I'll figure that out after i make it...

3. hahannuh Gummi Ship Junkie

are we allowed to draw our character and like send it as a file or something? because i'd rather draw than explain.

4. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Please, just draw it, upload it to an image hosting site, and post it here so the judges can see it;)

5. WarpObscura Traverse Town Homebody

Name: Suffix Haerrs

Faction: Villain

Sex: Female

Physical description: Asian skin. 1.82m tall. White hair in a chest-length braid, fully pulled back with no bangs or sideburns. Orange eyes. Double eyelids. Short, sharp nose. Small lobeless ears with an orange-gem'd earstud on the right ear.

Outfit of choice: Black thigh-length evening gown with a yellow strip going diagonally down to the left from the right shoulder. Black knee-length frock coat with yellow trim and two hip pockets. Black biker gloves.

Weapons: Twin switchblades. One has a gold grip with a ruby affixed to the end, while the other has a bronze grip with an attached sapphire. Both have silver-coloured blades one foot in length.

Personality: Suffix is perpetually irritated with everything around her. At least, that is how she acts. Behind the facade of neverending anger is a frigidly rational mind of genius-level intelligence. A schemer of the highest order that would make Machiavelli proud, she has no qualms using anyone and everyone to achieve her goals. To her, ethics is an alien concept and morality is as useless as a comb for a bald person.

History: Suffix was born in the same place as the hero and went to the same school as him. In her earlier years she was an introverted little girl, unnoticed by most (including the hero) and not very likable by those who actually took note of her. No one accepted her as a friend. She wanted to be part of the most popular clique, the members of which would eventually become the present-day leaders of state, but she was rejected.

Eventually, though, Suffix proved her greatness in a surprise assessment. Her father, who was a prominent warlord, proceeded to send her away to a distant country's private school for society's elites. Surrounded by more mature and understanding classmates, she eventually matured into a beautiful and wise lady. Once she completed her education, she returned to her homeland and entered the civil service, where her former schoolmates now held high rank.

However, under her alluring looks, her heart had been forever twisted and irreversibly darkened by the discrimination she had experienced in her youth. Declaring to herself that she would not allow such things to come to pass again, she tapped on a large variety of sources for her secret ends. Even as she acts the part of a prim and proper member of high society, she plays the shadowy puppetmaster too and nefariously manipulates the other characters into a position whereby she can overthrow the current governmental system and establish anarchy.

Attacks:
    • Attack - Swipe at one of the party members with both switchblades. Deals two separate hits.
    • Offguard - Suffix teleports behind a party member and brutally thrusts a switchblade into his/her back. Although the maximum damage dealt is no more than 1.5 times the maximum damage of "Attack", the main advantage of "Offguard" is that it completely ignores Defence (or whatever you are calling it), thus it will always deal the full intended damage.
    • Without Warning - Suffix's equivalent of the highest-level Electric/Thunder/whatever-you-call-it spell that the hero's party can use. Only even more powerful, of course.
    • Limit Seal - If struck by a Limit Break, Suffix stands still for a moment and then suddenly appears behind the party member that used it, a vertical line of energy appearing exactly in the centre of that party member. That party member then takes damage equal to 50% of how much the Limit Break dealt to Suffix. Ignores Defence.
    • End of Days (Limit Break) - Suffix teleports in front of a party member and slices him/her to ribbons with 21 blindingly-fast slashes, then uppercuts him/her into the air before snapping her fingers. A massive beam of energy shoots out from a rip in reality high in the atmosphere and engulfs the target.

6. myx06 Destiny Islands Resident

judging #2

WOW!, very, very detailed....great job, if you provide a picture the character bio would be complete.

message to all contestants: this, preferrably should be the format of your character bio, very detailed.A picture included is very helpful!

7. Sankari Destiny Islands Resident

I'll make a character. Yell at me if using the whole Gaia Dream Avatar Creator doesn't count x.O
    HERO
    Name: Kusari Hitan
    Looks: [​IMG]
    Weapons: Flat blades (bound to her hands by chains)
    History: She doesn't like to talk about it, but her parents were abusive towards her and bound her hands in chains. She hints that her parents died (most likely because she killed them) and that she herself created blades out of the chain hanging from her hands. Her parents put a spell on the chains so that they can't be unbound, but she learned the ways of alchemy and can manipulate their form.
    Personality: She doesn't talk much. When she does, her words are cold-hearted or smart. She likes things to get done quickly and painlessly, unless whatever she's doing is torturing an enemy--then things must be done slow and painfully. She's dark but she has a heart--she has sympathy and understands what it means when someone cries. She's usually the one to ask what's wrong and put an arm around someone's shoulder.
    Limit attack:
    1)Kenpei Chain - Swords merge as one big one and slices through all enemies
    2)Baisuu Blades - Multiple blades shoot out of her blades
    3)Demon Etoku - Chains come from the ground grasp enemies.
    4)Kusari-oni - Kusari is engulfed in chains and forms a giant monster which spits black flame.

Eheh...she sounds like a bad guy.

8. myx06 Destiny Islands Resident

judging #3

not bad, the avy definitely helps, elaborate on personality more....

9. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

Species: Amourphous

Faction:Villian

Weapon: A long Charcoal Black sword Called "Gnit-Cejer" which is rejecting backwards (Knit-C-Jeer) and can morph into his enemies nightmares

Hair:goes down to his feet and is billows like clouds even when theres no wind it is also charcoal black

Skin:fair in contrast to his black hair

Face: has a scar through his lip but not big enough to ruin his Dreamy expresion as though life were a game his eyes are a blue misty color

Clothes: A Billowy Ninja Garb that is frayed towards the end as it reaches his heel in back it becomes a strange mist that follows him everywhere he weas no shoes

Character: He doesnt know where he's from only that he was meant to be in the heros way at all times (whoever wins hero if this wins he automacticly knows there name somehow though he doesnt know what they look like)
    his goal is to win and then die for he has no other purpose (since you are making the game i leave it up to you what he's trying to "win") but he'll fight until he reaches it he seems freindly, and is, but for some reason prefers to enact evil

Limit attack: Alden's Voyage: the seas surrond the enemie and him and then a ship rises from the deep and he appears at its helm and fires off a cannon

Name: Evol love backwards

Personality: He is confused he derives his personality from people he "likes"
    always unsure of himself he could be swayed to either side though by everyone around him he's considered evil he performs evil deeds because they seem to fulfill his needs more often then not he's not afraid of running to fight another day and uses it as an excuse for existing one more day
    he seems like a 5 yr old at first but as he travels longer he develops into one of the three below depending on how hes treated by the people he meets that he "likes"

1: Hateful,vengeful,has become like a robot because he has lost interest in emotion

2: Loving for those around him yet still feels compelled by evil,has manic depressive personality that seems not fully developed he still can't control them

3:Saddened, depresive,suicidal, he's found the one emotion that could do him the most harm yet he's embraced feeling its the only true emotion he is now unwilling to live on and wants to take everyone down with him

[​IMG]

As you can see my charecter is an emotion absorber and he doesnt know what it is he's abosorbing only that the more he does it the more complete he feels this leaves him a slightly open pallete i did this intentionaly because his orignal bio included so much as to make it immposible to bend around any story besides my own one i wrote a long time ago but never had any time not the expetise to create seeing as i dont know how to program my vcr much less my own game he was not the main villian though showed up at the climax of every major event that the main villian had part in so he never developed a personality of his own in mine so that is why iv made him this walking collection pot for emotions so that he was a lot more flexible and coul develop his personality over time

10. hahannuh Gummi Ship Junkie

i've finished my drawing but i'm still working on describing the character. sorry but it's kind of long.

is it okay if we bring in family too? (ex. "her father made her sword" or "she because cold after her father's death" stuff like that?)

11. myx06 Destiny Islands Resident

;) sure, any description, and background, helps

--------------------------------------------------------------------

for all contestants, heres a site where u can create an avatar of ur character, it might help if u cant draw well...

Gaia Dream Avatar Creator

theres a sample avatar in my signature...

thanks to Sankari for telling me about the site...

12. Sankari Destiny Islands Resident

Elaboration complete =) I edited the post, if it helps any.

13. myx06 Destiny Islands Resident

thats much better...;)

14. WarpObscura Traverse Town Homebody

I did my best.

[​IMG]

There was no fully-pulled back braid option or choice for white hair. The coat needs to lose the high collar and gain yellow trim. The dress needs that yellow strip. The face is not sufficiently like my intended design.

That said, I think there are makings of a final boss there... Though I doubt those skills will be enough for one...

15. no-reality_allowed ¢ℓαιяνσуαηт ℓσνєкιℓℓ

heys my pic., i couldnt get silver streaks in the hair but oh well:D

tell me which you like more.....

without scarf:
    [​IMG]

with scarf:
    [​IMG]

16. ~tReAh867~ Twilight Town Denizen

Ferngully?... no, wait, that's not right...
    Nice character, though I think that you could elaborate on personality. Also, as mentioned by another judge, your character is a bit cluttered. Still, I like him, especially his ability to bend reality to his will; that's fun! ;)

Nice. I like your descriptions! His name is not so creative, but it works, and I think that his Limit Attack is a little too involved. Still, he's an interesting character.

Wonderful descripstions! I especially love your attacks. Very thorough and imaginative. I have to say, I think that part of your character's history is a bit cliche, you know, where she attended the same school and was an outcast. But other than that, everything else is wonderful!

17. WarpObscura Traverse Town Homebody

Well, my idea was to create a sympathetic character. An "anti-villain" if you will, whose drive to do evil extends not from maliciousness or traditional cravings for power but as a twisted form of revenge on the "good" guys for their past wrongdoings committed on her. You know what she is doing is wrong, yet you cannot deny that it is justified. At the same time, her desired outcome, an anarchic world where mutual cooperation eliminates discrimination, is "good", yet her actions to achieve such a benevolent result are "evil".

It suggests an extension of the vicious cycle of hatred and adds an element of ambiguous morality to what normally is clear-cut, as most RPGs would be. The player must wonder if the ends can justify the means, or is such a claim foolish no matter how desirable the "product" is?

18. ~tReAh867~ Twilight Town Denizen

Ferngully?... no, wait, that's not right...
    Alright, say noe more. This definitely makes the character much more appealing and can really add to the story! *applause*

19. DJSeph Traverse Town Homebody

Ill be the bad guy! a boy ofc!

Red medium long spicky hair... Red wings! hmm Red & dark blue or black eye's [u may guess that my favor color is red XD] Long ruby red sword! no make it 2 red swords XD hmmm red skin to would look cool! black gloves black cape every thing else should be black!

anything else u want me to describe?

and how did u make that? http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/2021/tek06112766f990or9.png

20. myx06 Destiny Islands Resident

you can make it here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.