Chain of Memories Card System

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Roxas, Sep 30, 2006.

?

Did you like the Chain of Memories card battle system?

1. Yes - it was fun, innovative and strategic.

24 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. No - I would of preferred old hack n' slashing with this one.

21 vote(s)
    46.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

FINALY SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME ON THIS!

Seriously, it was great, actually alot better than Hack N' Slash(BTW, people I did some research, it was either the card based system, or turn-based. According to Noruma, the Hack N' Slash combat system was too advanced for the GBA, so the cards were a good substitute for him). It did make the battles so much more strategic than running around hitting the X button, you had to think of a way, and it truly just made hte game more challenging and fun.

2. Roxas OG

Shadowjak, great post there.

I'm glad you agree with me, and you're right - it was so much more strategic. I remember creating a deck of all Ragnaroks so when I fought enemies I could beat them really easily. It's all in the mind.

3. Keybladelover Moogle Assistant

I said yes. It was new and very different from other games that I have played eventhough it really a challange at first but anything just to play as Riku in reverse rebirth.

4. BHK Merlin's Housekeeper

No. The. Card. System. Sucked.

As you can see, I don't like the card system. It was pointless. If it was the turn by turn with options like the first KH, then I would have been happy. No, the card system was innovative, sure. However, I just don't like it. Reloading was a pain in the butt, and I never liked a system like that.

5. ryan9234 Traverse Town Homebody

I would have prefered it if they kept it ,the same way as the first and second Kingdom Hearts. It could have been better but it just got boring and repetative. XD

6. Dark Diclonius Moogle Assistant

I actually quite liked the card system. Although, I can't really compare on the original Kingdom Hearts, as I have never played it on account of my lack of PS2. So I don't really know which one is easier.

7. cronoking Chaser

i dont see why people think the card system is so different. just stuff a deck full of attack cards and just hit "a" in the battles and it'd be just like a hack n' slash with occasional reloading. the cards were cooloer anyways cause i got diamond dust and one-winged angel i also got to summon cloud (cross-slash and omni-slash, yay) and use holy (holy moly)!! lets see anyone say that with kh2.

8. Tallian Banned

Allright, Allright. I'm bored and will make a list of things I like and don't like about the card system:

Things I like
    1. It is something new and unique
    2. It was quite fun

Things I didn't like

1. It got boring
    2. I got tired of looking for cards to add to my deck
    3. The whole' deck' thing sounded lame
    4. It got really frustrating when I tried to find a card to a door.
    5. Just the thought of using cards to try to kill people!

9. deymxgirl Moogle Assistant

OMG! I really didn't like the whole card thing in KH:COM cuz it was really annoying trying to makae really good decks with Sora and the whole CP thing was a pain too. Also, I'd have to go back and forth alot to get the right cards to open doors...:(

10. cronoking Chaser

yeah, opening the doors was so complicated, but the rooms that needed the gold card had some pretty good stuff in there.

11. Pisara Moogle Assistant

I didn't like that card system at all.. How I could say it.. I HATE IT, because it was really hard at first and then it was very annoying..

12. WarpObscura Traverse Town Homebody

I would have preferred if the Keyblade was an innately usable thing, not one bonded to the cards, but apart from that it is okay I guess.

13. Ranger_vega87 Traverse Town Homebody

Yes

I thought it was kinda of fun and innovative, but I do prefer the hack, and slash from KH and KH2 better.

14. Dark_Ansem Moogle Assistant

it was a bit difficult to understand and to forma good deck, but good nevertheless. however, the KH2 battle system is unbeatable!

15. Envious623 Twilight Town Denizen

I personally liked it. I understand why others don't, though. Sure, it might be a little irritating, and I was yelling at the boss door in Neverland cause I couldn't find the card, but I think it's a creative way to make a game.

16. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

No. No no no no no. I'm the kind of person who can't think out how to beat the crap out of something, and when I do, I get my butt kicked. Which is why I still can't beat Axel, no matter how hard I try. .___. I perfer the hack and slash thing. But I can't wait for the 3D remake of it though!! :D

17. Silverblade Merlin's Housekeeper

I didn't like it. It was too confusing and hard to get the hang of.

18. jacquelinenguyen1067541 Twilight Town Denizen

It was kind of fun but I think if it was for playstation 2 it would have been better.

19. mr_croup Traverse Town Homebody

I loved the card system. Especially using the really awesome sleights. On the other hand, hack n slash is fun too, so either one works for me. I still hope that they use the card system on the remake of CoM for final mix

20. JimJab Traverse Town Homebody

i would use hacking for higher value

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.