Cheerleading: A sport?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by MandyXRiku4ever, May 6, 2010.

1. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

All this classification makes me frown. If you're happy being a cheerleader then that is what should matter. But I digress. Given how serious and how coordinated most cheer-leading teams have become a-la Bring It On style, I don't see how it is any different from the coordination and serious mentality needed for football or hockey. If you're debating what a sport is based sorely on how physically stressed you are after a match, then that's just an incomplete way of classifying sports.

2. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I like how people always pay attention to that. Even though I do not think cheerleading is a sport, That is a stupid argument, "Oh they dress skimpy. Must not be a sport"
    Do you see Beach Volleyball outfits?
    [​IMG]
    Here is a traditional Cheerleader uniform
    [​IMG]

The only time you will really see a cheerleading outfit that reveals midriff is at a professional sports game or Bring it On movies. I can be mistaken if something new comes along.

3. Rosey Chaser

Skimpy clothing... really now people, have you not seen other things? Gymnastics wears leotards, and god forbid we even look at girls swim... hmm.... or guys swim for that matter O.o
    I consider it to be a sport but only if its a rountine etc. Side lines = not so much.

But if I can fracture both of my elbows and my wrist from it doing a hard stunt you bet your ASS its a sport.

4. water mage Kingdom Keeper

Cheerleading is just encouragement for the home team. How could it be a sport if it's not a game unless one treats it like a game such as who can scream the loudest or do the most back flips or something?

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Ever hear of cheerleading competitions?