Christina Grimmie

Discussion in 'Music' started by . : tale_wind, Nov 11, 2012.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

A brief history: Christina Grimmie is a singer (and gamer) who started out posting music covers on YouTube under the name zeldaxlove64 in 2009. She didn't gain a really huge following until she collaborated with the also-YouTube-famous Sam Tsui and Kurt Schneider on a cover of Nelly's "Just A Dream" in 2010.

Eventually, she gained enough fame to be approached by Selena Gomez's father to be her manager. She and Selena are apparently good friends.

In June 2011, she released her first EP album, Find Me, featuring eight original songs, met with overwhelming approval from its listeners.

Since then, she's performed at concerts with Selena Gomez & The Scene, The Jonas Brothers, and Allstar Weekend, in addition to performing at the 2011 AMAs with Taio Cruz, on The Ellen Degeneres Show with Tyler Ward, and on DS2DIO's show REMIXED. Most recently, she performed a cover of David Guetta's "Titanium" on Dancing With the Stars.

Disney Channel has even given her her own video game-themed internet series, POWER UP, which is surprisingly good.

If there's anyone else who's a fan of Christina, discuss here. :3

2. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Yes Yes Yes I love her so much that I went to Georgia to see her open for Selena Gomez!

I didn't even know about Disney Channel giving her her own lil series or about her being on DwtS! At least Disney is finally doing something right!

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

4. Fellangel Bichael May

This was one of the few times a celebrity death actually hit me really hard. This year had a rather abnormal amount of deaths, but none hit me as hard as Christina. Maybe it was because she was one of the first Youtubers I started to follow. Maybe because I had such a love and hold of her songs. Or just how down to earth she was.

She was a gift. She was my top female Youtube singer. And just like that, she's gone. Too damn soon. This is gonna be a long road to recover from, about the same impact I got when Robin Williams died.

Bless her heart and may she rest in peace.

5. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I never heard of her before her death, but damn it still hit me hard. So much, that I was super pissed off at Onision when he mocked the people mourning for her death.