Christmas Cake Quest

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Jiku Neon, Jan 29, 2017.

  1. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2007
    Location:
    Moe, Victoria
    1,258
    878
    You are a 25 year old squeaky clean virgin who's never so much as held hands with a member of the opposite sex. Until recently you never gave it much thought, but it being your birthday and your parents' recent interest in your life, it's all become a little more real and present danger to you.

    You look across the table of your apartment from the birthday cake (bought by you) and the candles (placed by you) with the plates stacked next to it (unneeded) to your phone (silent) and sigh (heavily). You already knew your friends were going to flake out on you again. You realized it when they called a few hours ago saying they might be late because of.. you actually had stopped listening to their excuse. This is normal. This has been happening since they all paired off and got hitched. This is normal. You look from the birthday cake (untouched) and the candles (thankfully unlit) with the plates stacked next to it (just put them away already) to your phone (it might just be dead) and sigh (resignedly). This is normal. It's getting late. Well, you're going to be alone tonight. Again.

    Might as well...
    [] Have some cake.
    [] Put everything away and fire up your battle station.
    [] Put everything away and go outside.
    [] Put everything away and go to sleep.

    [​IMG]
     
  2. 61 No. B

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2011
    3,455
    Have some cake
     
  3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2010
    Gender:
    Cisgender Male
    Location:
    The Realm of Sleep
    3,748
    [X] Have some cake.
    [] Put everything away and fire up your battle station.
    [] Put everything away and go outside.
    [] Put everything away and go to sleep.
     
  4. burnitup Still the Best 1973

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2007
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Awesome Town
    1,649
  5. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2007
    Location:
    Moe, Victoria
    1,258
    878

    You look at your phone(not dead) one last time before sending out a message to everyone who said they'd come.

    "Sorry for bailing on you guys. Something came up with my parents, I have to help them with something. Next time."

    That should be enough for now. People forget these things pretty quick. You look over at the cake (still untouched) and immediately think of just pitching it in the trash. It would be a bit cathartic, but you're a little more pragmatic than that. So you're not gonna get mad and throw that cake in the garbage. You're not gonna let it get to you. You're gonna do what you always do and ignore your problems. Yeah... okay it doesn't sound so good when you put it like that.

    Well, who says you can't have your cake and eat it too? Someone who thought you would have someone to share the cake with, that's who. But you have had a day. A day. You take a plate (not unneeded after all) and cut yourself a piece of the cake (not untouched after all). Before you start eating you start looking around for something to read. After a few minutes of fishing around for something to read you settle on a fairly new comic (not superhero related).

    As your turn through the pages and slowly work your way through that slice of cake your mind starts to wonder a bit. It's 9:30. You lose track of time easily. It's been like that as far back as you remember. You'd always leave places late and--

    *ring* *ring*

    Still not dead. You frown at it and...
    [] Pick it up.
    [] Ignore it.

    [​IMG]
     
  6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2010
    Gender:
    Cisgender Male
    Location:
    The Realm of Sleep
    3,748
    [X] Pick it up.
    [] Ignore it.
     
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  7. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2007
    Location:
    Exploring the cosmos
    374
    987
    [x] Pick it up
     
  8. Midnight Star Master of Physics

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2009
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    England
    983
    753
  9. burnitup Still the Best 1973

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2007
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Awesome Town
    1,649
  10. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2007
    Location:
    Moe, Victoria
    1,258
    878
    *ring* *ring*
    Ten rings and it goes to voicemail.
    *ring* *ring*
    It's probably one of your so called friend people.
    *ring* *ring*
    They can wait if you can.
    *ring* *ring*
    It's almost over.
    *ring* *ring*
    You pick it up without checking your caller ID (stupid). You awkwardly get the pleasantries out of the way. You know, the, "Hi howdya do's", and the "who the fuck'er yous", and so on. It (unsurprisingly) is Agatha (also unmarried). Agatha was your roommate in college, freshman year (and only freshman year). So much is that her main defining characteristic in your mind that you still have her listed as simply Roommate in your phone. You wonder if she was even invited, but you don't question it. She knows everything eventually somehow. She asks if you're still busy with your parents. You've got a minute or two. She apologizes (at least someone is) up and down and swears upper and downer that she didn't forget (lie) and wants to hand a gift off to you while it's still your birthday. It's 9:47. You yawn audibly. You realize (a little belatedly) barring that slice of cake you've finished half of you haven't had dinner. You're frowning. In thought. In thought. She finally asks when you'll be free to meet up.

    You decide to...
    [] Go get dinner alone.
    [] Go get dinner with her.
    [] Go to sleep.

    [​IMG]
     
  11. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2007
    Location:
    Exploring the cosmos
    374
    987
    [x] Go get dinner with her
     
  12. burnitup Still the Best 1973

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2007
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Awesome Town
    1,649
  13. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2007
    Location:
    Moe, Victoria
    1,258
    878
    You're free now. She seems a little taken aback (correct response). You truck through though and even tell her that you've neglected eating a proper supper. She laughs (with you) and says she just got off work and as such is in the same situation (not really). You're on your way back from your parents place (from her view) so you give her about half an hour before you're 'home'. She mentions the time. Oh right, the time. You consider this for a moment. Turning it over in your head like a stone in a stone polishing device... a rock tumbler (not a class with ice). Then it hits you.

    Midnight Kabob.

    You used to go there a lot right after college (what a time), it's always open and it's always good. Agatha actually used to go with you a lot then, too. She makes note of this as well and agrees to meet you there. You hang up (after farewells). You're not used to hanging out late anymore but to probably talk the maddest shit about your other friends for flaking on you, you're down to clown.

    Midnight Kabob is right down the street from your apartment so you have about 45 minutes before you're expected.

    You have time to put away the cake and stuff and...
    [] Change out of your work clothes.
    [] Watch some damn anime.
    [] Channel surf.
    [] Just go to the place already.

    [​IMG]
     
  14. 61 No. B

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2011
    3,455
    change out of your work clothes
     
  15. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2009
    Gender:
    hungry
    Location:
    Hell 71
    2,986
    ☑ Change out of your work clothes.
     
  16. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2009
    Gender:
    Non-Binary
    1,092
    Watch some damn anime.
     
  17. burnitup Still the Best 1973

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2007
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Awesome Town
    1,649
  18. Zelda What will happen next?

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2011
    Gender:
    in a none kinda way
    Location:
    Jupiter
    258
    79
    [x] Change out of your work clothes.
     
  19. Yozora Archer

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2007
    Gender:
    female king arthur
    Location:
    with taiga, eating rice and ****
    883
    Change out of your work clothes
     
  20. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2007
    Location:
    Moe, Victoria
    1,258
    878

    You spend a few minutes packaging up the cake and plates and so on. It takes a little longer than it should but you can never be too neat with packaging. What now? Your eyes travel from the table (now barren) to your desk (and computer) to your closet. Thoughts crowd your mind more with each visual jaunt. You have some episodes to catch up on legally downloaded from a reputable site (wink wink). Then there's your unopened box sets that just arrived sitting on your bed.

    Ultimately, your battlestation remains silent and devoid of chinese cartoons, you do have a problem with losing track of time after all. So to pass the time you take a look into your wardrobe (metaphorical) and try to find something a little less buttoned up to wear. You frown a little. You mostly own work attire. In the corner not dedicated to khakis and suits you find a few sweaters, an outfit for outings, and some generic hoodies. It dances across your mind that you might want to make yourself not look pathetic. Then it dances out of your mind. You go for the easiest to wear things you can find. A blue sweater and some jeans.

    As you're changing, you hear an unfortunate sound.

    *ring* *ring*

    You pick it up immediately this time (half dressed). It's Agatha again. She's here. Here, here. Like at your building, coming up with her spare key, to wait for you to show up because that's the polite thing to do (not really). But you're here and she's here so you can't come here without leaving here. But if you leave here she'll see you were here when you said you were not here. And if she sees that... well, there's your problem.

    After telling her you'll be around soon you finish dressing and....
    [] Climb out the window.
    [] Hide with the neighbors.
    [] Wait right here.

    [​IMG]