Television Cloak and Dagger

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by . : tale_wind, Apr 8, 2016.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

According to Variety, Freeform (The Channel Formerly Known As ABC Family) will be adapting the story of Marvel heroes Cloak and Dagger for TV. With Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios co-producing, this will be joining the ever-growing slate of TV shows set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. (already including: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Marvel's Most Wanted, Damage Control, Iron Fist, and The Defenders)

The eponymous Cloak and Dagger are two runaway teenagers, Tyrone Johnson and Tandy Bowen, who find themselves with dark and light-themed superpowers.

No writers are attached to the show, which has a straight-to-series order, yet.

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Has it been confirmed that this show is part of the MCU? I tried looking everywhere, but nothing from Marvel is saying that it is.

3. Ghost King's Apprentice

I'm super excited for this since Cloak and Dagger are two of my favorite characters but I hope freeform doesn't make it weird and change a whole lot like they did for the Shadow Hunters show.

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I haven't seen any outright confirmation, but the fact that Marvel Television is working on it seems to be a good indicator in favor of it being part of the MCU.

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I'm really excited for this; I love Cloak and Dagger.
    I wouldn't be too surprised if this was the first of a new set of series for the MCU.
    We have the films sub-universe, the Netflix sub-universe, the Agents of SHIELD sub-universe (though it's the only property within, it's slowly expanding at least with Most Wanted), and maybe a new one with Cloak and Dagger. All part of one big expansive universe, but each one has its on set of continuity that rarely -if ever- spills directly into one another. The big superheroics in the films, the gritty street level stuff on Netflix, the spy/"other-corners-of-the-marvel-world" on ABC, and the...something else with Cloak and Dagger. Maybe more street level stuff, but less gritty and more flashy (along with your typical teenage drama).

6. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Just a rumor for now, but it appears that Tyrone Johnson and Tandy Bowen will be played by Noah Gray-Cabey and Debby Ryan, respectively.

7. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

And the previous casting rumor was indeed just a rumor, because it's been confirmed that the leads will be played by Olivia Holt and Aubrey Joseph.

Source

8. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New cast members announced:
    • Andrea Roth as Melissa Bowen
    • Gloria Reuben as Adina Johnson
    • Miles Mussenden as Michael Johnson
    • Carl Lundstedt as Liam
    • James Saito as Dr. Bernard Sanjo
    • J.D. Evermore as Detective Connors
    Source

9. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Well ****. It is law in Heartland that I watch shows whenever I find out an ER Alum is in it. So I guess I'm watching this show after all.

But seriously, Gloria Reuben is a WONDERFUL actress and I loved her in ER (when I was young) and Falling Skies.

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

11. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

A trailer already? That was quick. Didn't expect one so soon. Not a bad trailer, but I am hoping we get to see more of the two main characters' abilities soon.

12. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

I am pretty surprised about how good it looks so far. I mean, I was already gonna check it out, but now I definitely will