Re:Coded Coded! Raise your hands if you played!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by TerraxLover89, Feb 4, 2011.

1. TerraxLover89 Destiny Islands Resident

HEY! so who all played and how did you like it? I loved it! i thought it was a good piece this time by square! i really did! so what did you guys think?

2. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

*raises hand* I liked it!:D although I didnt like of redoing the same worlds over and over again, but I have to say it was hard and so it was really worth playing it. ^_^

3. P Banned

Are we including Re:Coded here, or just Coded?

4. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Yeah, because if we're including Re:Coded, than I've played it and it's not too bad. The repitition is ever-present, but that's cool.

Can't get past Ceberus and Hades though.

5. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

*Raises hand* yea both versions are cool, definitley much better than 358/2. Felt that it was a little short though, took me 30 something hours to finish. :/

6. Gelatinous Ghost Twilight Town Denizen

Playing currently, in Hallow Bastion. It isn't my favorite, but I still am enjoying it. =] ​

7. Foosh Merlin's Housekeeper

I got a little stuck at Olympus, and Agrabah is as annoying as ever, but I have enjoyed it so far. It's not my favorite in the series, but it isn't bad :D

8. wolfalynn Moogle Assistant

*rases hand*
    Ive played Re:coded, AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Im trying to get 20 trophies so i can get the secret ending, i only have 7, XD i still have a long way to go!

9. beansandfeet Merlin's Housekeeper

I think that re:coded is a good game which i wasnt expecting seing as the past few game have been pretty crappy.
    they need to stop usiing agrabah thow it is so annoying

10. Krowley Moderator

Though I enjoyed the gameplay, I didn't really learn anything about the plot that I didn't already know.
    I enjoyed the ending and Secret ending though :P

11. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

i did not get to play coded but i love recoded so much fun

12. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm currently playing Re:Coded, and to be honest, I don't think I'll finish it. It's just KH1 ported onto the DS, with the command mixing of Birth and the leveling concept of Days. The repetition is just so irritating.

13. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

*raises hand* i have, it was a pretty good game although it didn't have much to do with the story until the ending scene

14. ShibuyaGato Transformation

~bought the day it came out like the crazed fangirl with no life that she is~

It wasn't bad. The gameplay was decent, very BbS-ish. The repetition of worlds bugged (:lolface: I'm being very punny XDD) me a bit, but it was all good. Also, when I beat a whole set of worlds and it was like "lolno, here's some more worlds cuz if you're a real fangirl you'll shut up and keep playing" pissed me off.

I beat it it 3-4 days with about 4-5 hours of playtime per day. I still pick it up every once and a while to try and collect all the cards from Castle Oblivion.

15. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

My friend lent it to me. I enjoyed it and it's difficulties that you get when you first play a game. The moves were fun to get and the bosses were also fun. Except for the Wonderland boss. Very annoying. Was sad when I had to give it back. The cheats made it interesting. Last boss was fun and so was the boss before that. The ending made me very excited at contemplating what is gonna happen in 3D. Also helped with the story if you consider kh2fm never happened.

16. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I'm not quite done, but I'm close.

I like the platforming elements, but I often found myself wishing there was a hot switch for highjump down with the clock tree since trying to do elements designed for normal jump can actually be tricky with high jump.

I've often heard complaints on the camera in KH games but never really felt it. I found the camera for this to be atrocious. Set it to static and battle becomes harder, set it to chase and platforming becomes harder.

There are a few points where it looks likey they are building a theme but just stop. Such as the videos when you heal a world, unless I messed something up you only see two. The worlds are distributed badly and gives end game a rushed feel.

And the plotline didn't make much sense and is laregly throw away, which is a shame since Nomura may leave a lot of loose ends but rarely has glaring issues.

And numerous mechanical issues (such as a tip telling you to use cures when they had told you earlier in that level to replace with potions, and giving no way to access the start menu to fix that)

However, for all my criticism I really do find this game to be fun to play. It's just that it feels incomplete I guess? I really wouldn't cal this a bad game, just I would expect better from Square than what RE:Coded offered.

17. Gultigargar Hollow Bastion Committee

I liked Re:coded. It's not without problems, though. I personally didn't enjoy the platforming, it felt really slippery and hard to control. Combat was pretty fun, though. My main problem with this game is that it's a short game that doesn't really want to admit it's short, so it pads out everything with needlessly long data sections and makes you replay everything. Twice. (Though the second replay is with a "twist", so it's not that bad...) If they fixed this I'd probably like it better than Birth by Sleep.

EDIT: What I'm saying is that I think Re:coded gets more hate than it deserves, while Days (which was terrible in every single way imaginable) usually gets the praise...

18. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I got Re: Coded the day it came out, and yes, I loved it. I did enjoy the new gameplay and I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline. However, the disrupted heartless did annoy me and I feel the levelling isn't fast enough.

However, I have yet to complete it and I got it 5 months ago. I just kind of got bored of it I suppose, I will finish it at some point but it didn't stick out to me as something amazing like KH1, KH2 or BBS.

19. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

This game was better than Days that's for sure. I felt no real challenge while playing it, but I thought it was okay. But certainly I'm wanting a console game this time around.

20. orlando. Traverse Town Homebody

I got it the day it came out. It was an ok game, much better than than Days in my opinion. The storyline was kinda dull and the worlds were a tad repetitive, but the gameplay itself was pretty good. I really liked how the combat sysytem was set up as well. It's similiar to BBS which worked out great.