Support Solved Corrupt Data on Memory Cards

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Sep 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

I just got done doing a lot of cleaning on my memory cards.

Of the two PlayStation memory cards I have, I got everything I didn't delete on the first memory card, and of the three PlayStation 2 memory cards I have, I got everything I didn't delete on the first memory card. However, the first PlayStation 2 memory card, that's essentially full, has some corrupt data on it and the second PlayStation 2 memory card just has one corrupt data file on it.

My question is how do I delete corrupt data? Because it won't let me. It let me delete corrupt data that had KB, but corrupt data with "? KB" cannot be deleted.

Also, and this is kind of off topic, but why do PlayStation memory cards not show the last date a game was saved? PlayStation 2 memory cards do.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  2. Patman Bof

If memory serves it should let you erase it, so I assume what' s corrupted isn' t the data but the memory cluster itself. In other words parts of your memory card are broken. As for the dates, it' s data in and of itself. Considering how few memory those things had the less superfluous data you store the better.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

I forgot to mention the corrupt data was on the PS2 memory cards.

But I guess that would explain the ? KB, though what would cause that?

4. Patman Bof

KB stands for kilobytes. It means it can' t tell how big the file was supposed to be. I' m not sure why, I don' t know how the PS2 handles its memory card data exactly. If I had to take a guess I' d say a part of each save file is dedicated to describing where to find the rest of the file data (a map to the file, so to speak) and that particular part is corrupt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.