Sony Crash Bash Assistance

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Amaury, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

I've hit a brick wall in my walkthrough of this.

I cannot get past the crystal challenge for Sky Balls, and I can't even get past the trophy challenge for Ring Ding to even access the gem and crystal challenges.

Any advice?

2. Krowley Moderator

The crystal challenge is definitely a toughie compared to the others.
    My advice is to keep on eye on where the balls have been to get a better Idea of where they'll bounce to.
    The Red balls are also annoying, so keep your fingers near the L and R triggers in case you need to quickly get out of the way.

Not really much to point out other than be quick with your mental and physical reflexes.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

I forgot to mention that I also cannot get past the crystal challenge for Pogo Padlock.

I'm not sure if these will be of any use, but they might give you an idea on my play style for the Ballistix and Pogo Pandemonium type levels to perhaps give further advice or critiques on how I am playing, which might be part of the reason I'm having a hard time.

Sky Balls Trophy Challenge:

[video=youtube;LBEgVEHml2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBEgVEHml2Y[/video]

Sky Balls Gem Challenge:

[video=youtube;-HCzctMVbS8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HCzctMVbS8[/video]

Pogo Padlock Trophy Challenge:

[video=youtube;-nnGWbaEAs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nnGWbaEAs4[/video]

Pogo Padlock Gem Challenge:

[video=youtube;QguUkelPYQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QguUkelPYQk[/video]

4. Krowley Moderator

Pogo padlock annoyed me as a kid. Since you need to steal your points, focus on stalling you opponents.
    Since it's a times event, make sure your next move is always planned, or else you'll just be wasting valuable jump time.
    A tip, is to go for players that have covered more ground, but wait too long and they'll have locked in their points.
    Missiles are your best friends in this challenge.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Thank you.

Now, how about Ring Ding? What would your advice be there?

6. Krowley Moderator

Keep an eye on where the Black balloons are located. Even if you aren't the one near it, other players who are will go for it and use that as a warning sign.
    Knock down players who are near you or in your way. (Might as well do some damage on your way to the next balloon)
    Other than that, just get any every color of yours that you can see before your opponents change the field.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

I actually managed to win two rounds during recording yesterday. Unfortunately, not before someone else won two rounds in a row, and then after I won two rounds in a row, they won the next round, so I had to start all over, and it went downhill. Also, sometimes the vacuums are frequent and sometimes they're not, and whenever I get one, the CPUs always come after me.

8. Krowley Moderator

If playing Crash, spin while running away. It's not as difficult as you think.
    Use the rotating field to your advantage.

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

Yup, I'm playing as Crash.

Also, yes, that's what I try to do, but I can't spin while in the air, and that's when the CPUs seem to like to get me, which, of course, makes Crash / me lose the vacuum.

10. Krowley Moderator

As I said, use the field. Never let them corner you and lure them around like cats following yarn.

11. Mysty Unknown

OMG. This game is my childhood. I hated this challenge as well.

12. Amaury Legendary Hero

Just an update here.

I managed to get past Ring Ding -- I won three times in a row, I might add, so talk about luck. Its gem and crystal challenges were easy.

I also defeated Nitrus Oxide in Oxide Ride, and I am on Warp Room 5 now. However, the crystal challenges for Sky Balls and Pogo Padlock are still proving too difficult for me. I mean, I managed to get really close in Sky Balls, but then... boom! Either that or 10 pinballs go into my goal.