Birth by Sleep Create the next enemy's emblem (group effort, artists needed)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Pezz, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Interesting, an emblem without a heart.

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

It makes sense.
    The other two emblems (I'm not sayin anything about Unbirth's since we don't know about them) use hearts because it's the main part of the enemy in one way or another.
    Heartless is the heart
    Nobody lacks the heart

but even though the heart has a lot to do with Desouls (their...appetite i guess) the Desouls themselves have all three bases of existence. So instead of using a heart, the emblem represents all three.

Props, Brexen

3. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Brexen was refering to an emblem he made for the Thorns. A creature he thought up. this idea has yet to fully develop.

As for the desoul, the heart does play a major role. Willpower come from the heart, and desouls are basically people whose Will has become broken. They are broken people.

The stronger a person's will, the longer it takes for the soul to fade. As heartless rely on instinct and nobodies rely on memories, desouls rely on the heart's will to survive.

4. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

well if we do this, then we may have to redo a bunch of stuff that we have already established about the desouls. We said that willpower lies in the heart, because the heart is what gives a person strength. therefore, Willpower, which is what gives you strength, would lie in the heart.

also we've been using the term will to refer to the will to survive. When death comes, only the heart remains alive.

Death is defined as: when the soul leaves the body.

The body and soul cannot survive by themselves, they need each other. so when death happens, meaning that the soul leaves the body, both the soul and the body would cease to be.

What is interesting here is that the heart is the only thing that remains alive. when a human dies, the heart returns to KH. once there, it waits till the time comes for it to be reborn into a new body and soul. From this, StarSeeker99 and I have deduced that this trait could be described as "The will to survive."

It's Kh logic. Hearts have a desire to stay alive. when their body and soul dies, then they seek out a new body and soul to be reborn anew.

I don't believe that all three elements of life contain will. I would need some proof to believe that.

However I do think that a person's sense of self is contained in all three elements of life. We could use that for determining if a desoul has high defense, magic, or strength (I like that idea a lot! Great Idea! :)).

A SOS is, in a sense, life. I could explain why I think this if you would like to hear it. :)

5. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

here's my latest design for the desoul emblem. I've decide to experiment with the colors after Zillagod suggested that desoul's should have pale blue eyes.

Desoul new color2.jpg

6. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Good to see that the heart portion is still incorporated in all symbols,
    One thing i would suggest is to try and make it a bit more jagged.

7. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

i kind of think of desouls a fluent not jagged, but I suppose I could think of something. what do you think of the colors?

8. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm not too sure about having a dark blue as well.
    How about pale blue and pale purple? Pale colors should be what represents a Desoul best.

9. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

alright I'll give that a go.

10. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh, and another suggestion, but only if you have time for it :
    The pale blue bottom part is sorta bland. Looks like a bag filled with water. I thought of something which could replace it. Here's a quick Paint-made prototype :

Look in Attachments...

This is really a prototype ; the concept is to have the dark blue curves seem as if they embrace a plae blue spike.
    It can be anything, not necessarily a spike. It can be another curve, or whatever.

My prototype looks kinda ugly, but at least it shows my idea.

Attached Files:

11. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Desoul new color3.jpg
    Desoul recolored.jpg

I still don't think I like the colors.... we're doing something wrong here.

12. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

Random idea : Make the bottom part look like a face. The "black holes" will be the eyes, and the pale blue thing could the the face's shape.

Anyone got any better ideas?

13. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

It may look a tad goofy.... I would need to see your idea to understand what you mean.

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I kind of already see a goofy face, the loops are the eyes with a really big nose..

15. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Desoul color again.jpg

I just realized something. The Heartless emblem uses red and black even though red isn't really a heartless color. we could use other colors as well. but this time I decided to try one fill color and a color to outline it.

16. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

Pezz's last idea is nice, however it departs from the other Emblems. I like the glowy aspect though.

We must have some glowing lights with the Emblem on the Desoul world! We already thought of plants, so why not neons?

I've been asked an example of my face idea... well, the face itself is more of a failure, and it definitely requires improvement. But I did do some things. I expected to stay 30 seconds on it though, so I used Paint, instead of firing up an advanced editing program.

In attachments...

Attached Files:

17. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

lolz that was entertaining to look at. XP

in what way does the emblem depart from the others? btw the glowing effect was accidental. I just wanted to make the outline blue.

here's two more. not much is different here.

Desoul emblem green.jpg
    Desoul half .jpg

18. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Ok, I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty satisfied with the more recent emblems. I feel like its time for us to come to a decision so we can close this thread. but that's how I feel. What about you guys?

19. Krowley Moderator

I haven't been here very long, so ill let u guys make that decision

20. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

You can still help with deciding if you want. If you think it needs work, then it needs work. we are doing this as a team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.