Birth by Sleep Create the next kingdom hearts enemy (group effort)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Pezz, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

I suppose your right hmm... lets build looking into what the word Desoul would mean. a synonym for soul is mind. so these guys somehow lose their soul without dieing. because they have no soul, they have no mind, like the heartless. So these guys would probably be mindless. they would be a body with a heart probably. now we are getting somewhere.

2. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

to take one's soul away? to lose one's soul?

3. Finale Wannabe Nobody

it may mean that the de-soul could defeat an enemy and claim it's body, leaving the soul behind unable to return. The soul then gather in another world. The De-soul are a body artifically created to gather the souls. once enough souls are gathered then perhaps a law of the world would break.
    i'll say the law if you want to continue.

4. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

well if some loses their sense of self perhaps their soul fades away. the body would then rely on the heart's will to survive. remember, we already know that hearts can live on their own. The heart has a will to survive.

I just looked up the prefix de- it means down, from, and away. prehaps we could say that de refers to the soul fading away.
    so then maybe desouls are those whose souls begin to fade. that means that they still have a soul but it is fading. If their soul were to completely fade away, then they would die, because the body needs the soul to survive, or perhaps the body dies and the heart turns into a heartless. but whatever the case, they devour souls to keep their soul from fading. the more faded the soul gets perhaps the less human the desoul looks.

5. Finale Wannabe Nobody

well lets say this the man that controls the de-souls want a certain thing done, an impossible thing. He wants to be able to revive the dead for someone close to him before he went evil died. He wants to revive her/him. And to do that he experimented and created the de-soul. And they gathered souls. he investigated and found out that the souls gathered in a new world full of power where nothing died. When souls are gathered, over time their power disappears so he believes that if the world is overfilled with souls, the power would be so great that the basic chain and laws of the universe would break, including the ability to revive the dead.

So the law he wants to break is to revive the dead.

6. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

and in the end would this person come back as a zombie or not like when they died? or maybe by making people be revived they all come alive and start wreaking havok!

7. Finale Wannabe Nobody

i think for them it'll be like waking up from a long sleep. so they'll be good.

However if the laws of the universe is broken then The worlds start collapses, unstable and distorted, and so Sora or whatever goes off to stop those De-soul and that man creating them.

8. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

we have to try to relate this to the heart too. remember that this is kingdom hearts. maybe the stronger the heart's will to survive, the longer it takes for their soul to fade. I'm not too sure about the whole collecting soul thing though its a little redundant. reminds me too much of Kingdom hearts 2. then again perhaps the villain's loved one's soul is fading, and so he is gathering souls for her/him. however if this where to be kingdom hearts 3, then the villain would be Xehanort, since if you kill someone's heartless and then their nobody, then they are born anew.

9. Arixik Traverse Town Homebody

in your closet that's filled with fuzzy coats
    Possibly relies on a person's hatred?
    they seek: happiness! xDD;;
    reason they are after kingdom hearts: they want to find hearts that are filled with happiness! @ o @
    What creatures make up: happiness!
    xDD;;
    it's a stupid idea, I suppose.

10. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

I don't know.... when you lose you sense of self, I would think that you would be depressed. you would be a broken person so to speak, or maybe your will becomes more and more broken as your soul begins to fade. they would seek happiness I would think. they would also rely on their heart's will to survive, cause without their will they would die.

The strength of the heart's willpower makes a person strong. remember that the strength comes from one's heart, not their soul. so instead of seeking souls, like the heartless seek hearts, perhaps they feed upon people's willpower. by doing this, their victim starts to lose their sense of self. they begin to become broken. their soul begins to fade, thus another desoul is born.

they are attracted to kingdom hearts because kingdom hearts has the strongest will. If the villain were to be a desoul as well, then he would desire to become stronger by obtaining the willpower of kingdom hearts.

the problem here is that souls can't survive without the body, and vice versa, the body needs the soul. that is why nobodies are the body and soul left behind. for this to work, we need desouls to be those whose souls begin to fade.

11. Arixik Traverse Town Homebody

in your closet that's filled with fuzzy coats
    thought so.
    but you could take chunks of it and make up something.

12. Finale Wannabe Nobody

i thought it was a machine gun looking at it from a birds eye view.

13. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

You be nice. The triad would be a cool idea, but would it be spelt differently?

14. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

not sure. we can do more than one creation. I'll add it to the first post

15. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

I would like to give a few ideas :

The Desoul uses the Heart's will to survive. So, in a way, the Desoul is similar to a lonely Heart having lost its body.

Whereas the Hearts *insert Saix accent here* "Gather in Darkness, masterless and free, until they
    weave together to make... KINGDOM HEARTS
    Whereas the Heart does that, the Desoul can't, because he has no sense of self. Its mind is fading away too, so it can't think clearly of an objective ; how can it find its way to Kingdom Hearts? How can it join it?

So, this bring one possibility : The Desoul seeks to find Kingdom Hearts to become complete, because they are similar to Hearts, save for being able to join Kingdom Hearts.

Another option would be that they want Kingdom Hearts in order to acquire its "force of will". If Hearts are the source of all power, and a Heart's will is so strong, then Kingdom Hearts must contain a tremendously powerful will. If the Desouls get their hadns on such will, they could use it to gain a sense of self, to know who they are, to become whole.

16. straeh modgnik Merlin's Housekeeper

im not good at names

I was thinkin maybe Pre-deaths. All who lost there lives in regret and unfullfillment. they feed on the energy of anothers soul (producing more Pre-deaths kinda like a vampire) searching for their missing pieces in their journey to become whole again. only once it has reunited with its unbirth nobody and heartless will it reform to its original form. and the symbol would be like well the basic idea is a COM card w/ half an X in it and half a heart (connected to card) w/ the other half of X in it. (basic idea)(feel free to draw it and post) (forgot what I was gunna say next....Oh well.)[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^^
    ! >!<)

17. Finale Wannabe Nobody

problems
    • People dont die in KH because they can't come back
    • the idea of wnating to be whole is old
    • we dont know what an unbirth is
    • The Nobody, heartless thing is over which is why they introduced unbirths

18. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

If the idea of becoming whole is getting old (which is true), I have some new ideas :

1 - What if the Desouls seek Kingdom Hearts to... find an objective? I mean, if they have no sense of self, maybe they can't really DESIRE something. So they "want" KH's power to be able to desire things.

2 - What if they simply DO NOT seek Kingdom Hearts?

3 - They could be pure evil. Apparently, an Unbirth isn't fully evil, even is it lack a soul. What if a Desoul just wants to cause harm, for no reason? Or, perhaps, because it feeds on the harm it causes... leading me to my next idea :

4 - A desouls feeds on emotions. Therefore, it seeks Hearts, because they have feelings. A Nobody is technically invulnerable to an Desoul, because it lacks a Heart. This would make an interesting gameplay (if this ever makes it into a real game), because Roxas could be stronger than Sora agianst Desouls, because he's some sort of Nobosy (I say "some sort" because he does have a Heart).

5 - Idea for Desoul creautres : They could beign their name with "de". Example on my next point...

6 - Idea for a particular Desoul, which could be a boss : the Dehero. It's basically an Anti-Sora... it takes a form similar to the hero it fights, and uses a part of its powers. someone proposed that Desouls want to steal their victims' bodies, which would make this enemy quite interesting.

Ok, I gotta go, I might add new things later.

This is StarSeeker99, signing off.

19. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

very very nice. *claps hands* yes the heart does seek kingdom hearts. when a person dies, their heart returns to kingdom hearts. but just one thing that I should point out here. what Saix was referring to was how the yellow moon (kingdom hearts) was created. when a heartless dies, it's heart returns to it's body and soul which in turn revives a person. however if the heart's body and soul is at that point in time is a nobody, then the heart has nowhere to return to, thus it lingers in space. if multiple hearts were to end up in this situation, then kingdom hearts forms.

I like both of your ideas, so lets combine them. Here's how we can do that:

since desouls have lost their heart's will, a desoul's heart is incomplete. without a will, the desoul's soul begins to fade. Once the soul has completely vanished then the desoul will die. Because a desoul's heart is incomplete, it's heart is unable to return to kingdom hearts if the desoul were to die. because their heart would be unable to return to kingdom hearts, their heart would die as well.

to prevent this from happening, they seek out the willpower in other people's hearts in order to prolong their life. the willpower of kingdom heart's is the greatest there is, so they desire that above all other hearts. if they were to obtain the will of kingdom hearts, then their heart will become complete. however, even with a complete heart, the desoul's soul will still continue to fade, but on the bright side, once the desoul dies, it's complete heart can then return to kingdom hearts.

In real life, people lose their sense of self if they become broken. Being a broken person means that your have lost your will to fight back. their are other ways that you can lose your sense of self, such as losing your memories, and such. because they lose their sense of self the desoul's soul begins to fade away. if the soul fades completely, then the desoul will die, because, in kingdom hearts, dieing is when the soul leaves the body. The amount of time that a desoul has before it's soul is gone completely is dependent upon how strong their will was.

Willpower is what keeps a desoul alive, this is why desouls desires the will in other's hearts, to prolong their own life. this is the basis of the desoul, they rely on the heart's will.

What makes an enemy in kingdom hearts is that it is incomplete, at least that's what it is so far. if you desire something, then you are incomplete. therefore, having a lack of desire doesn't work too well, because that means you are satisfied with how things are. I'm sorry :(, but it was a very nice idea :).

that is unique and a good idea, but then why call the game kingdom hearts? I know that it's good to have unique things in games, but what i find interesting about each enemy (at least with each enemy so far) is that each of them have a different reason for seeking kingdom heart. heartless sought to corrupt kingdom hearts while nobodies desire to be complete.

this idea could work if the main villain is the one to seek kingdom hearts instead of new enemies. but we already have the desoul along so far, that with what we have it only makes sense for them yearn the willpower of kingdom hearts. if they were to obtain the kh's will, then kh would become a desoul itself and the universe would fall into chaos as kh dies. This is one of the unique aspect of the desoul, what that desire would ultimately destroy kh and possibly even the universe. this make desouls an even greater threat than heartless and even nobodies.

I like to think of the desoul as a candle that is about to flicker out. desoul's aren't necessarily evil though they can be if the person they were was evil, but as their sense of self begins to vanish, they become more vicious. this is not only because they are more desperate to devour another's will but also because their mind has deteriorated along with their sense of right and wrong. they are like vampires in a way. they devour the willpower in others hearts which in turns create another desoul.

the more evil that a person was though, the more vicious their desoul will be.

A very good idea, but once again the whole concept of a desoul revolves around the will of one's heart. they feed on will. though I have a feeling that the Unbirths will be creatures of pure emotions. that can explain why unbirths are supposed to be wild in nature. think about about how wild one would be if they were to live their life based purely on their emotions. but I do like this idea! It is very very good! perhaps a little tweak is necessary....

I gotta say you come up with some really great ideas! I really do like this one! I'm just a little concerned on how much this will limit our naming possibilities. But like i said this idea is great! let's stick with it for now and see how it goes.

Interesting boss idea, please elaborate.

I agree with you here, but I had hard time thinking of how to get this idea to workout. you see, the desoul already has a body, they are essentially human except for the fact that their soul is fading away. if they didn't have a body then perhaps it could work, however the problem there is the fact that souls can't survive without the body, and vise-versa. the instant that the soul leaves the body, the both of them die. All that is left behind is the heart, which can survive on its own (example: heartless).

Great Ideas! keep em coming!

20. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

Ok... I gave a lot of ideas, so I'll try to elaborate a few of them.
    I wrote quite a few things, so be ready for several minutes of reading ;)

1 - The Dehero enemy/boss.

- Appearance :
    Its appearance might depend on the general looks of a Desoul. Since the visual aspect wasn't developed yet, it's hard to imagine it now... but I can be creative and think of something.
    The DeHero is humulogous to Dark Sora in KH1, and Anti-Sora (as the enemy summoned by Vexen) in KH2. So, if we REALLY lack originalty, we could just have him as a "shadow" Sora.

- Powers :
    First idea : It uses Sora's powers from previous games.
    This idea comes out of nowhere, and I don't know if we can justify why a Desoul would be able to use its enemy's memories. But, imagine it! In KH2FM, we already have Anti-Sora as an enemy. It's awesome. Now, we can have a FINAL FORM Sora as an enemy.
    Second idea : Considering it's part of Sora (or whoever's the main character), it could affect him while fighting. Think of it as a Doppelganger, a evil colone of yourself. It tries to suck your energy and take your place in this world or something. So, getting hit by it can cause Sora to be confused, or to go berserk and automatically attack wildly. Inversly, hitting the DeHero could heal Sora, as he absorbs the life force that is rightfully his.
    Also, I just had a nice idea, but remembered it's already used in Soul Calibur 3. In that game, the Doppelganger is "shadowed", like Shadow Sora. But as he hits you, HE gets "cleared" and you get "darker".

- Back story/explanation :
    The DeHero can be a Desoul with special powers, which he uses to control his enemy's powers. This makes it a fearsome, but "ordinary" opponent. So, my other idea is to make him more special : Have it be born out of Sora's victories... here are a few choices :

A) A DeHero is born when an individual with a particularly powerful will is defeated, and becomes a Desoul. In this confused state of existence, with a fading Heart and a fading Soul, a powerful being can hold on to sanity by hatred : by hating the one who defeated it. Remembering its killer's powers, the Desoul learns from them, and learns how to counter them. When, and if, it masters its killer's strength, the Desoul is recognised as a Dehero.

B) Similar to A, but instead of being one individual, the DeHero is born when a hero has a series of victories. The hatred left behind in many victims somehow gathers into a single Desoul, which goes through the same process as in A, and becomes a DeHero.

C) This one really interests me! It applies to both Deheroes and Desouls. The Dehero is an ordinary hero who struggles with himself. Example : what if Sora was to break down and start losing his sense of self? Suppose Kairi got killed. Sora won't take it lightly... he would probably go insane, and search for a way to bring her back (kinda like many theories concerning Terra and Xemnas).
    So, following this lead, the Dehero is a human being with an extremely powerful being, who is at war with his own mind. Its soul is slowly tainting itself with evil, and/or is starting to fade away, probably trying to end its suffering by leaving the body and causing death. The Heart is getting tempted by Darkness, but doesn't succumb to it (like Xehanort's Heartless) because that leads to a Heartless. Instead, the Heart's power is uncontrolled, and even the Heart starts fading away, consumed by its own strength.
    Afterwards, what happens... if the Heart succumbs to darkness, the person become a Heartless. If the Soul fades away too quickly, the person dies. If the Heart is so blinded that it leaves the body, the person becomes a Nobody. I don't know how to get an Unbirth, because if the soul leaves, death should follow...
    But if the Soul, Body and Heart resist their pain, the person becomes a Desoul, a being that can't be complete, despite having all 3 elements of life.

Ok, done with the Dehero...

2. I heard that when a person's Heartless and Nobody are defeated, the person comes back. I fail to remember if it's officially true in KH's story, or if it's just a rumor. True or not, we can justify that when both Heartless and Nobody are defeated, sometimes, the 3 "elements" come back messed up, and a Desoul is born. Therefore, there are several characters who can now become Desouls. We don't know what happened to the Organisation after their deaths, for example.

3. Finally, last idea because I've spent A LITTLE too much time here...
    Hearts are the source of all power. But, until now, we didn't see a Heart "dying", because it's so strong. It always migrates to another body, unites with Kingdom Hearts, or improvises a way to retain its existence.
    However, you pointed out that they cna be the greatest threat yet, for they can turn Kingdom Hearts into a Desoul...
    And I thought of this : The Desouls can somehow DESTROY a Heart, probably by feasting on its will too much. Until now, nothing could do this... and because Hearts are power, losing a Heart means losing an energy the universe will never get back. It's the idea of entropy (meaning that this actually makes scientifical sense!). So, Desouls are the announcement of the end of the universe.
    They won't cover the worlds in darkness (Heartless), nor will they create a heart-shaped moon which will help them in a way (Nobodies) ; no, they'll just destroy everything. KH players, at your Keyblades.

Finally, this post is finished. Was it too much? :blink: