Birth by Sleep Create the next kingdom hearts enemy (group effort)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Pezz, Feb 27, 2009.

1. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

Good idea there, maybe you should mention it on the Poll Pezz made yesterday. Search the Forum for "Desoul" and it will be one of the 3 results. This sounds cool, but maybe it'll overload the player's vision. Nothing would be more suitable for boss Desouls though.

Your Thorn idea makes sense... Darkness seems to be, in the KHU, a great force. Take Heartless, for example. They make a body out of Darkness. Also, Darkness can be used to travel ; aside Yen Sid, I never saw anyone teleporting thanks to the power of Light.
    So the Thorn is some form of Darkness. We all saw what Darkness can do, so we already know that a creature gaining it as a fourth Element is serious news.

As for the name... Here's a little idea : What if it begins or ends with "Atrum", which is Latin for "Dark" (not "Darkness" though)?
    I tried using an automatic translator to get the word "Thorn" in Latin, but it wouldn't recognize it.

2. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Aturm hmmm... not a tipical name, but a mix is always good :)
    This idea about the darkness is a little bit of a concern. I would think that such a thing would result in a heartless, but then again heartless are consumed by darkness. these guys would walk among the darkness, they are darkness itself while heartless are the darkness made living.

I think this would be and interesting idea to play around with.

3. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

Forgive me, but I'm not sure I get what you meant. What's "their own name"? I was talking about the fact that you wished to replace the name "Triadd" with something else. Sorry if I sound stupid or anything...

4. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Okay, just because we started working on a storyline doesn't mean we should stop working on ideas for this thread. anyone with ideas lets hear it. StarSeeker99 and I are working on a wiki page for all that has been thought up the link is

http://kh3-kh-vids-style.wikispaces.com/

we still need little details, like how the desouls appear and such. drawings for a type of desoul. any ideas, please post them. this thread is for anybody who in is interested. any suggestions are welcome.

5. zillagod Moogle Assistant

I'm new to this forum, but I have a recomendation for a common trait, sense a Desouls soul is fading, maybe they (in physical appearance) should have some kind of cover over thier body. (They are pure white beings with an ethereal blue glow sense they are a soul that is fading) This cover would be to represent them trying desperately to keep themselves from fading.

Not a completely developed idea but I like the thought of thier physical appearance representing thier goal.

6. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

A cover, sort of like a blanket or some thing? sounds interesting! can you go into more detail please?

Oh, by the way, in case you are unaware, we also have a story thread going on in the creativity corner and we have a wiki too. the wiki site is in my signature. Thank you for your participation! :)

7. Krowley Moderator

I think he means like a sort of aura.
    Its a good idea btw Zillagod :P,
    a sort of fading light blue aura (simaler to Chakra)

8. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

oh, i see. I like that! perhaps it could be like the soul is evaporating.

9. Krowley Moderator

so itd be like a glowing blue aura
    Think they should be able to speak? lol

10. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

Like all enemies up to now, Desouls shouldn't be able to talk. However, more powerful ones, with the greatest sense of self and the strongest souls, can preserve their human form. They can talk.
    Since it's been like this for every enemy until now, I don't think we'll really argue about this, but if you object or want to add anything, you're welcome.

First off, welcome to KH-Vids, and thanks for helping us out!

Second, your idea. It works very well with something else we thought of some time ago. We said that when a Desoul is fighting, its appearance will change. If they're covered by an aura (if that's what you meant by "cover"), it can also change its color and intensity. It could become more red as they fight.
    Gameplay-wise, this will be terrific! Whereas a weak Desoul should only have two "phases", depending on its remaining HP, it's Aura's color can constantly change, with the slightest HP lost making a difference.
    Before I go further, what do you think of this? It was your idea after all, zillagod, so you have your rights on it.

The concept behind the Aura is a little harder to understand though... They are pure beings? What do you mean by "pure"? And what causes the aura? The Soul itself, which isn't very well "attached" to the body?

Hm... Does anyone else think of Lucario here? ;)

11. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

agreed

a constantly changing aura could become quite annoying in my opinion it should be something subtle so it won't be too much of a distraction. but that's only what i think.

12. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

What if we make only some Desouls have it? Like, bosses? They have the strongest soul, so their auras should be the most powerful.
    What do you think, zillagod?

13. Krowley Moderator

Maybe we should have different aura dependant on Desoul rank so the 3 charatcers know how strong their enemies are :P

For example:
    Low class Desouls ------------- light blue
    Low-Middle Class Desouls ------ Blue
    Middle Class Desouls ----------- yellow
    High-Middle Class Desouls ------ Green
    High Class Desouls ------------- Orange
    Boss Class Desouls ------------- Red

Course thats just an example, colors could be worked out later,

14. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

some colors might clash with others, we would have to be very careful with this in order for it to work. it's a good idea though.

15. zillagod Moogle Assistant

Actually, the drawing I posted along with the emblem picture is what I was speaking of, their bodies do have sort of a blue glow to them but they do actually have a cloak or cover over themselves to physically represent that they are trying to keep themselves from fading away.

16. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

You mean, similar to Organisation XIII?

This is a recurrent theme actually, because Nomura stated that Terra, Aqua and Ven were supposed to have cloaks as well, but since it was used for the Organisation already, he made them wear armor.

The drawing you did on the other Thread did seem to have a cloak of some sorts. If the "cloak" is actually part of the Desoul's body, it can look cool. However, if it's a separate item (or the same for every Desoul), then it will be too repetitive.

17. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

yeah, it could make designing different types of desouls difficult. but I think it could be interest to use for some of the desouls. imagine, they change form, their cloak could turn to rags.

one of the issues with this is that the soul in a desoul simply vanishes after depleting the heart's will. I don't know if a cloak could stop that form happening. It's like a candle being snuffed out. a candle has pretty much become symbolic of the desouls. but let play with the cloak idea and use it with some of the desouls. perhaps with could use it with the lower ranks, because their soul disappears much faster.

You seem like you have artistic talent, zillagod. perhaps you can draw some interesting ways for this to work. remember, we don't want designs to be too repetitive. perhaps if you can come up with some interesting ways for this to work, we will get the gist of it and be able to incorporate it with all desouls.

18. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

What about a cloak that visually plays a part in their deaths?
    Remember the ways for Desouls to die? The cloak could burn along with the Desoul, or maybe resists and fall on the ground (and dissapear shortly after).

19. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

I've been thinking something along those lines as well. but first we should play with the idea of a cloak before incorporating it in to the way it looks when desouls die. lets see what we can make of this.

20. zillagod Moogle Assistant

Well one way that the cloak could play a part in the desouls as a whole, is when they appear they will fight normally with the "cloak" on them but when the bigger ones start getting low on health their heart burns through the "cloak" and the cloak burns up exposing their true form within and their heart is litterally burning out of their body and their attack power etc. is increased dastically. Just one idea for you.