Birth by Sleep Create the next kingdom hearts enemy (group effort)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Pezz, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I remember that
    I thought, "damn these guys are weird for doing this..." then I started following the threads and now i'm into it!

btw I like how the wiki refers to all of us as "it"
    none of have genders apparently lol

2. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

Interesting, this means that most Desouls can be saved without too much trouble. And they can be mass-produced. Let's keep this in mind.

Torch is fine. I would suggest, just to give a suggestion myself, the word Flash. It's not too fire-related, because you guys pretty much suggested all the fire-related dictionnary. Except Axel. For obvious reasons.

I know that I wrote a lot of parts where I used "it". I realised that I had no idea what everyone's gender is. So I remained neutral and scientifically and "itted" us instead.
    But really, I have no idea if anyone here is a guy or a gal. I always assumed guys, but that's only cuz I'm a guy myself.

Welcome to the club! I guess that putting so much effort into a work of fiction (especially when I complain about overwhelming schoolwork so much), DOES make you seem unusual.

3. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

When I started all this, I never thought it would get very far. If it wasn't for StarSeeker99, the thread would have died. It's gotten quite a bit of views though. it's already over 1400 and the thread has yet to be two months old.

4. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

well we can't use dusks. that's the name of the most common type of nobody.

5. Krowley Moderator

Coals
    sparks
    Combustions
    infernos
    embers

6. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Spontaneous Combustion!!!!! XD

hahaha hahaha.... ok time to be serious.

I like spark but that make me think of electricity. I think it's time we look at other languages. I check out what the Latin version of ember is.

7. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

lolz, I want to stay away from dawn right now in case that's the name of the most common unbirth. also desouls represent noon instead of dawn.

8. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

I like Kme92's "Coal".

Also, I quickly put some words in an automated Latin translator (after Pezz indirectly reminded me of that).

Here's what I found interesting :

Coal = Carbo
    Spark = Mico
    Ember/Ash = Cinis or Cineris
    Glow = Subluceo
    Dawn = Diluculo

EDIT : How could I not have thought of "Asters"?

9. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

Official definition : It's a little organite in the animal cell, that charges itself with a magnetic charge prior to cellular division. They are two, so they oppose each other, thus forcing the cell to separate and then resume its cellular division. :offtopic:

In a broader view, it seems to symbolise a star. Asters are star-shaped, apparently.

Doesn't it also mean "Celestial object"? Like, an ASTERoid?

Anyway, for some reason it made me think of fire and electricity. Turns out the link is much more implicit than I thought, if it exits to beign with.

So in exchange, I have another not-so-obvious reference to fire :

Pheonix

10. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

Doesn't it also associate with fire?
    How'bout "Dragon", then?
    And did anyone mention Volcano? Or Meteor?

11. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

it does, but when the mythical bird, the phoenix, died, it would burn away and then be revived from it's ashes.

btw, we are kinda moving away from a word that associates with desouls.

Maybe Ember Major, Ember Domus. Domus is latin for Major. i don't know

Edit: both our poll and the Emblem thread should be closed soon.

12. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Good Idea, but it wouldn't work. The stronger ember's are a completely different type of desoul. Very similar, but different. besides, just because an Ember gets old, doesn't mean that I should have it's name changed.

13. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

oh I see, well these guys are purebred which means that they always had the ability to exist at some point in time. so the term wouldn't be used properly :(

14. Graxe King's Apprentice

I'd actually like to design some of these Desouls, if none of you don't mind. I just need more info on each. Since I'm here, I might as well give my thoughts on some things while I'm at it.

-Degenerate cannot work as the name for the arrogance Desoul, according to StarSeeker's post. Degenerate leans more towards wither and decay while arrogance leans more towards concieted and proud.

-The name Deprive can throw someone off. This is the pride Desoul if I'm not mistaken. Deprive is more of a general lack of something which can apply to all of Desouls. Although this could just be a spelling error altogether.

-Since pride and arrogance are synonyms, why not just combine both ideas?

-The name Destruction(for the aggression Desoul was it?) can also throw someone off. Destruction sounds like a Desoul created from the complete annihilation of one's mind which then leads to the loss of their SOS. Since aggression is a form of hostility, the aggression Desoul can be called "Destile" (based off of hostile).

-Do Desouls really need eyes? Most of the descriptions of Pure Desouls cause the person to be blinded by an emotion to the point of losing their SOS. Based on this, I picture Desouls blindfolded to show how blinded they were by their emotions. This in turn causes the other senses to heighten.

-On the subject on the Desouls' appearance, I see them as tortured remains of wht they were. It kinda makes sense since their Heart's Will is being eaten away constantly.

-You're talking about the stronger Embers, right? Or is it something else?

-On that subject of Embers, being an Artificial Desoul, how are they actually created? A machine like with the Heartless or hand-crafted?

15. StarSeeker99 Gummi Ship Junkie

Of course you can design some Desouls. Feel free to unleash your creativity.

You might want to look a bit into our wiki though, because this Thread is our "old" Thread. We moved on to "Make up the story plot for kh3 (Group Effort)" Thread, and discussed new thigns there. The ideas for the actual Desouls didn't change muhc, but you must know abotu their colors, etc.

The Wiki :
    http://kh3-kh-vids-style.wikispaces.com/

Your logic makes sense, but rememebr that Nobodies have no eyes either (except those with a human form). Thus, what makes us have eyes is more likely in the Heart. Furthermore, this would make Desouls colored Nobodies, so yeah.

Emebrs are purebreed Desouls. They are created when one loses its SOS and etc etc, withtou becoming a stronger version. I don't think we can create Embers, although we can create the stronger Desouls.
    And yes, there is a machine, which we discussed recently in our storyline Thread (the one I mentionned). The detials aren't done, but we knwo who will make the Desouls, pretty much why, and had ideas abotu how to make that machine function.

16. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

To add on, Embers are the victims of a Desoul attack.
    Emblemed Desouls are made by Xehanort
    Purebred Desouls are made when someone loses his/her SOS and HOW they lose it
    Ember Desouls are made when a person's will is attacked by A Desoul, be it Emblem or Purebred. THe Stronger Embers I think should be what results when a person content with himself becomes a victim. That way he would try to keep his will together more than a person with low self-esteem and would result in a stronger Ember

17. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Some great ideas! Yes, I think we should combined pride and arrogance. Yes you can draw the Desouls. We have some concept art on the wiki. Originally we were going to have their main color be green and their eyes be purple, but now I think it would look better the other way around.

two more things to add. first, Embers are purebred only. the do not have an emblem form. Second, Desouls are symbolically compared to a flickering candle which eats away at itself for every second gone. this comparison may be useful when it comes to drawing them. Thank you for your participation! Rep for you!