Support Solved Delayed E-Mail Notifications

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

I've been getting delayed e-mail notifications.

For example, this reply by @Llave was at 11:13 AM today, but I just a received an e-mail about that eight minutes ago at 6:29 PM.

Edit: I'm also getting duplicate e-mails, and it's also happening on XenForo, so maybe it's an issue with Windows Live Mail? For example, I have one e-mail from 10:14 AM regarding a reply by Below to the same thread mentioned above and the exact same one later at 3:14 PM.

Any ideas?

Edit #2: Maybe it's the Internet again, and it wouldn't surprise me. Going to leave modem and router unplugged all night while I'm sleeping and see how it is in the morning.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  2. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Your internet shouldn't have any effect on what you see on the email's server.

It's possible that KHV's server troubles are also affecting the email, or that your provider is having a problem. None of it should have anything to do with your access since you are not the one hosting the service or sending the mail.

3. Misty gimme kiss

Unless the issue is reported by other members I am inclined to say that this is a problem with your email service. If it's happening repeatedly, give another email address a try. As far as I am aware and can tell KHV's emails are sending correctly, though.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

I was actually just thinking that I was coming to look at the replies here, that it was an issue with the e-mail server.

It's not every day, thankfully, but I do frequently have issues with it -- like a few times a week. For example, there are days where for a certain time frame my POP3 server will not respond and I can't receive e-mails at all.

Edit: The issue may or may not still be here. I just got 157 new e-mails overnight between 10:00 PM and 7:50 AM (from when I went to bed to when I got online), and there aren't usually that many -- maybe like 30. I didn't get the e-mail of Makaze's reply at 12:25 AM until 3:12 AM. I'll see what happens during the day today.

Although right now the server isn't responding.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  5. Misty gimme kiss

Is this just KHV emails or all the emails going to your account?

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

Okay, your reply was at 11:19 AM, and I got an e-mail at 11:19 AM. Might be fixed now, but we'll see what happens when you reply again.

It is / was happening with e-mails from XenForo Community as well, which is what led me to think it was an issue with our e-mail server. Not sure about SEGA Forum.

7. Misty gimme kiss

Then yes, it does sound like a problem on your end. Again, trying another email address would be the simplest route, but you should also check the settings in your email client.

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

Your reply was at 12:10 PM, and I got the e-mail at 12:11 PM. I think whatever the issue was yesterday was temporary.

However, for future reference, which settings?

Edit: I think there are still some residual effects, as I'm not getting e-mails for the most messages thread. However, I'm getting e-mails from SEGA Forum normally, so maybe it's something with forums running XenForo?

Also, can you move this to this Technology since it's not a site issue?

9. Misty gimme kiss

It depends on what email client you're using. Thread will be moved.

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

I am using Windows Live Mail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.