Demo (Final Version) Released-A KH-Vids RPG Game [Lost Souls]

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Fork, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber PLUR

I'm looking forward to the demo~

But don't worry Forsaken, I'm usually a patient person.

2. Destined Working for WDW

again, you've got to love the simplicity of the internet.....

Just out of curiousity, will there be a background music with the demo / game?

3. Dmaster Traverse Town Homebody

dude O.O that looks awesome...

and i can't wait for the demo! XD

4. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    Yes there will be music in the game demo.

5. Sumi suicidé

Ooooohhh...*shivers with exitement* I'll be somewhat patient...

6. Xuan Traverse Town Homebody

Music? I hope it won't lag the game by too much? Cause my experience with background music when playing KHInsider RPG Inferno ain't good (It gives you the choice whether to play background music, but when you play it its almost a guarantee you'll lose connection >>, so I never on the background music)

7. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

Shotgun being a NPC with super magical healing powers lol.

8. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Demo out biches!

BAM!

Caught you off guard didn't I?

Turns out, it was my laptop that was spazzy with internet. I tried my dad's laptop and it worked...I find it totally stupid. So anywho, the demo is finally up and ready.

First off,

Music doesn't lag the game lol.

Nah, I already have plans for you.

PLEASE READ!
    Secondly, I'd like to say a few things before you download it. Now ok, while It's past it's beta form, the part you're gonna play isn't in its full form yet. You still don't have access to many stuff. Also, it's a tad easy, and not that many monsters to fight. Not that many scenes were added too, I wanted to add more stuff during the...handicapped time I had, but didn't do to school. The actual game will be tougher. But that shouldn't be a problem, since you'll have lots of stuff to overpower yourself.
    So if you see a few problems (while I've only spotted 1 or 2), or something that doesn't seem complete, keep in mind that this isn't the actual game.

The time length of the game should be about 35-1 hour, depending on your skills. That's the average time you'll need.
    And if you have any problems, ask here.

Now I need to ask a favour of you guys, once you finish the demo, please post a comment here. I'd REALLY like to know what you guys think about it, what you guys liked/hated about it. And if you think I should change anything.

One more thing, some things in the game might seem FF-ish..like names. Due to the lack of creativity in picking names, that's how they'll be in the demo. I'll change them in the actual game.

hmmm, I think that's all.
    Oh yeah, to GX: I have my slaves...err, friends working on making you black lol. For now, you're white.

Again, I'd like to thank my right hand man Vivi o:

If you're not in the demo, don't worry, you'll probably be in the actual game...as long as I know you exist >_>

LINKS EDITED
    Check 14th page.

Biggest hint ever ---> Don't skip Text.
    And I'm serious on that.

Warning: I just got a warning on a bug that happened with someone. It rarely happens, but still. Ok, if there's a point where you try to return something, and it just doesn't work, then restart the game. Then it should work.

I've added 2 easter eggs in the demo, I wanted to add a lot more for lulz, but didn't get the chance.

Easter eggs:
    1-Play the Piano in Vivi's house.
    2-Check the left side of the Bookcase in vivi's Room.

NOTE: YOU WILL HAVE EXTREME SLOWDOWNS IF YOU HAVE A CRAPPY COMPUTER
    If you encounter any problems with slowdowns, press the F1 button, then check the first thing. Do not change anything in the button controls! You have been warned.

The controls are:
    Space or Enter for action button (Maybe some others too)
    Esc for cancel/enter menu screen.
    and that's all you need, since I'm sure you'll learn how to move.

Installing for Noobs:
    Step 1- Download it
    Step 2- Unzip it
    Step 3- Play it

Thank you for checking this short guide.

ENJOY!

EDIT: Do not read the next posts unless you want spoilers.

9. Luka Deafening silence

i can't get the link to work DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:
    Edit: thanks forsaken BD

10. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

there! It should work now. My bad on that!

11. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Huzzah it's finnally up, you already know my opinion on the demo since you made me speed run it in 18 odd minutes.

12. overload Traverse Town Homebody

i downloaded the demo and played and this is my comment: it is really really great i can't wait till the full one is released

13. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

I finished it :'D My first this kind of game ever xD

So I really liked the music. But jeez, I hated all the random battles, it was fun for a while but then when you just finished one a second later it was another one (yes I escaped some of them Dx). And the stupid restart I had to do when the old lady didn't want her cat =/. And I think the intro was a little to long. And is it possible to put another hair shape on the blondes ? <>. Other than that it was a great demo with really nice music and logo, and I actually liked the story line >:3. Also Vivi's charachter is so cute when he wins, almost a little girly. So yeah, can't wait until the actual game comes, and the battle system was really neat since even I who never have played this kind of game before got it XD

And I finished in about 35 miniutes >:3

14. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Well, finished the game :D.

Anyways, music is very good, the game crashed in the lady part, but it got fixed as soon as I turned off MSN and all the other programs >>;.

Anyways, to the serious review, the storyline catched my eye, is very good, battle system indeed reminds me of FFX, I always liked the animated battles >:3, the random battles stressed me in some point, but it isn´t that the point of it? xD. I like how you added those little surprises at the end battles, I always like battles in what you lose and it´s part of the storyline and all those things, the Graphics are good.

Well, I would like to see a finished version of this =D.

15. Destined Working for WDW

For this being a demo, it really makes me wish I could be playing the game now. Been along time since an RPG has caught my interest like this.

There was some dialogue that was misspelled, but I like your play on 'i should really stop talking to myself' when the kid runs away. Another thing I noticed is to advance to the next screen, you had to be in just the right square, don't know if that's a bug or not.

Music's cool, especially the GX fight at the very end.

16. Jiηx You're such a loser.

It's not a glitch, it bugged me aswell when i beta'd the first time, i told him to fix it >.>

17. Erkz Kingdom Keeper

I didn't see this thread until today... I really need to get out of the code-vault more... Ugh... I keep saying that and never do it. XD

Anyway, great game. However, there are a few glitches I noticed while I was playing:

1] The cat. =| It's solid, you can't walk through it, and it tends to lock you in corners. Also, maybe you should have made the old lady herself an event on the same level as the hero, instead of an event underneath the her behind the old lady.

2] The piano. I had to talk to it twice before Dearly Beloved started playing. =| Is that a coding error, or was my PC just lagging.

Though it's not a glitch, maybe you could put some obstacles that discourage someone from attempting to walk to the next map on a square that doesn't have the next map event. Or, you could copy and paste the event to the other squares, that might work. Also, some of the backgrounds seem to be... uh... a bit too large. I mean, that door was 5 times the size of Zack.

But all in all, this is shaping up to be pretty good. Keep it up. We coders'll be glad to hack this to bits when you're done. [Not sure how you feel about that, but meh.] =D

18. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Want Moar!

Eff you caps filter.

19. Jiηx You're such a loser.

it will be your computer, no other person seemed to have this error, as for the area change event he is going to change this, he was just too busy to do it for the demo, have no fear, the cat is just full of problems for him, don't worry he'll sort them all out.

20. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

lol, thanks for the reviews guys.
    Btw, I just uploaded a new demo that SHOULD totally abolish the cat problem most people were having. But nothing new for people who have already tried it out. I changed host too. It's also 22mbs now instead of 34 lol.

lol, welcome to RPG games. That's how most battles are, just random and frurstrating. But I'll make it so you don't get that many battles.
    And yeah the intro is long >3 It'll be a tad longer in the actual game.

Hmm, I just noticed the dialogue mistakes lol
    And yeah there's light hearted humour in the game.

Well I can make the cat walk throughable, but I won't. Then it'll just walk through objects and buildings. I can't do anything about that.

The piano glitch is in fact your PC xD The song just needs like a second to turn on.
    And I'm gonan fix the area change thing.
    lmao, I'd go crazy if someone hacked this game xD

Thanks again guys. See this is how I like the reviews xD With critisisim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.