Kingdom Hearts II Demyx - Wild Dance Reaction Command

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Amaury, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

As many of you know, I completed a project where only the allies attacked the bosses until I needed to deliver the finishing blow in Kingdom Hearts and I'm currently doing a project where only the allies attack the bosses and mini-bosses until I, in the case of bosses, need to deliver the finishing blow or blow to change the boss into their next phase in Kingdom Hearts II.

I'm stuck at Demyx right now due to his stupid 10-second water clones, and I'm getting more of them because Donald and Goofy are the only ones attacking. However, I may have discovered something to make it easier. Each time I get the Wild Dance reaction command (and ever since I've been playing the game, including my walkthroughs), I press triangle while using my left analog stick simultaneously to move Sora and get as many water clones defeated at once as I can.

Last night when I tried Demyx again, I tried not moving my left analog stick in one of the attempts, and when I pressed triangle, Sora seemed to move by himself instead of straight ahead. Did I see that right? If you just press triangle without using the left analog stick, does Sora turn and let go of the water clone he's holding at the best spot where it can gather a lot of water clones to destroy at the same time?

2. Explode Who?!

From what speedrunners say, it's essentially random what direction Sora throws the clones, which makes it hard to get him to throw it where you want.

If you're okay with it, you could also use Trinity Limit. Even though the three commands leading up to the final don't usually deal any damage, they can destroy Demyx's water clones. It's kind of like the allies attacking.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

The problem is the time. Knowing countdowns don't pause while you're using a limit break, would I have enough time?

4. Explode Who?!

Absolutely, it's one of the fastest ways to get rid of clones.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Worked perfectly.

I used Trinity Limit on some heartless before Demyx and counted over 10 seconds and thought, "iwantedtoexplode said I'd have enough time, so what am I missing?" Then when I used it at the start of the battle, where I didn't really need it, I realized that unlike all other enemies, any of the attacks before the final attack can destroy the clones.

I'll be sure to tag you when I upload Demyx. :D

Edit: I just realized you said that. I misread your post.