Kingdom Hearts II Demyx's character

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by reptar, Aug 11, 2013.

1. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why is Demyx always depicted as some incompetent 'lol so randum' character? To be honest he seems to be one of the biggest jackasses in the order, since he tries to suck just so he wont get sent on missions because of pure laziness.

Its just something that never made sense to me.

2. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Hmm...... To be honest, I'm not sure of this myself..... For randomness..... AD/HD? For being lazy...... He's really lazy since he was a somebody.

3. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

Really he was just a slacker. Everywhere you go there has to be one slacker. It makes sense to show a variety of personalities. Would you like an Organization XIII full of Marluxia personalities instead?

4. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah, it would be too boring if it was full of Marluxia personalities..... Or Xemnas..... Or even Saix....... Or Vexen....

5. Plums Wakanda Forever

I think Reptar was asking why does the fanbase depict him as only a goofball, when he's been shown to be a bit manipulative (like Reptar said, sucking on purpose and all that).

To answer the question, i think its the same reason why people treat Roxas like he's always depressed or treat Kairi as if she's deadweight; some of them don't really look too much at the actual character at times.

Roxas is definitely sad a lot and Kairi hasn't been too helpful against the main enemies, sure. But they've both got much more to them than that; Kairi's bravery in going out to look for Sora and stand to fight for him in TWTNW or Roxas' excitement and joy at being able to chill with Axel and Xion. Quite a few equally noteworthy traits get looked over because we get the depressed/useless/slacker constantly thrown at the forefront.

Plus Demyx proved he was, at the very least, not a total goofball during his last fight against Sora with the whole "Silence traitor" and sudden huge leap in combat prowess. He was a manipulative guy and I wish we could've seen a bit more of him than we did (and Luxord too).

6. 61 No. B

Of all the characters in the Org I always felt like he had the most potential, but was the least realized. He's seemed to be the least archetypal out of all of them, and I would have loved to have seen the other side(s) of him more than once. He felt like an extremely layered character, but we only ever saw one of the layers.

I'm not surprised that he didn't get much time to shine, considering he's not your typical Japanese character (yes, I'm very bitter about this), and it's a huge waste to not give him more to do.

7. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Wait a minute.

He had a character?

8. Aelin Best Waifu

In my opinion Demyx was depicted as random because of his attempts to get Roxas's personality out of Sora and when you heard him yelling "Run, run away!" In the underworld. Sora called him a coock. Just from this people thought he was random. In 358/2 days he was more depicted as lazy, he just didn't want to do any work. But when he did do work in either game he tried, sorta. He may have seemed to be acting silly but that is just his personality. He did try to do the mission in the end. Even if it seemed like he was goofing off or just making random comments.

9. A Zebra Chaser

My bigger question about Demyx will always be what he was hoping to accomplish by telling Sora that Nobodies had hearts

Wait
    Why does it make sense to show a wide variety of personalities in a group that's SUPPOSED to not have any emotion?

10. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

Because in Dream Drop Distance they were revealed to have hearts which makes having a personality make sense.

11. A Zebra Chaser

and?
    That wasn't relevant during KH2 though

12. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

It would make sense to show such a thing because half the time in KH2 they're trying to convince you that they're people too and that they want to be whole again, etc. Characters like Axel, Roxas and Xemnas having so much depth and personality to them are why people actually sympathize with and pitty the Organization. It would have been nice to see more personality in the other members. And they're definitely not "supposed to not have emotion" because making the player fight a bunch of emotionless villains takes away an integral part to the KH2 story which is the fact that a lot of the Organization XIII members weren't necessarily evil. Also the fact that it is revealed that many of them were probably in the process of regaining their hearts counteracts your "they're supposed to not have emotion" argument.

13. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Every character since the beginning of time will always be depicted the way the author wanted or the way the readers/players see them. It gives variety. You may not like the way one person depicts the character, but you can easily ignore their depiction or be a neutral party. Demyx was this way because we didn't have much on him before 358/2 Days. Even then, we didn't get much backstory to him. But from what we can infer, he is pretty manipulative.

14. A Zebra Chaser

The paradox I've found is that in KH2 these so called emotionless Nobodies had far more distinct personalities than any other KH character.
    I feel like they knew hat writing them emotionless would be incredibly boring, and then they handwaved it woth KH3D

Also, the Organization was pretty objectively evil, gotta say

15. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

No, they really weren't. Axel wasn't, Roxas wasn't, Xion wasn't, and Demyx was maybe a bit manipulative but the only thing anyone remembers of him is he's goofy and lazy, the only ones who turned out to be legitimately evil so far are Xemnas, Xigbar, Saix and arguably Marluxia. The others all did bad things but they had a relatively respectable goal, to become whole beings again.

16. 61 No. B

Xaldin. All the Beast business was pretty bad.
    Larxene was an evil psycho.
    and Zexion.
    I'm not saying their motives aren't sympathetic, but they're without a doubt bad. The ends does not justify the means for most of them

The only ones who weren't bad were Roxas and his friends.
    and maybe Luxord, though he did almost nothing.

17. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Okay yeah I hated CoM in all it's incarnations so I forgot about Larxene and Zexion.

Also yeah Luxord was so forgettable

18. A Zebra Chaser

Xemnas is obvious, Xigbar too, Xaldin has his rose stuff, vexen has his creepy science stuff, zexion has his evil uh... illusion stuff. Lexaeus outright jsut goes and tries to kill Riku/convert him to his side. Saix is obvious, Axel engineered the death of about six people, tried to kill Sora for his own ends, kidnapped Kairi, etc. Luxord picked a fight with Sora. Demyx stole, and later picked a fight, Larxene is a crazy hyper-violent psychopath, Marluxia is obvious.
    Roxas and Xion are portrayed positively, they're protagonists after all. But Xion isn't an Org member, and Roxas, well, he's the protagonist, so he never does anything bad. Tries to kill Riku, I guess?

19. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Xion also tried to kill Riku, right?

20. A Zebra Chaser

yeah, she did, didn't she? On the organization's orders