Descendents

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Mr. Van Whippy ♥, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

I have very mixed feelings about this.

2. Mish smiley day!

Oh, I don't know. It sounds quite cute. I think it'd be good to have cute episodic adventures featuring the offspring of well-known Disney characters. A truly old school-esque Disney channel show by the sounds of it!

OH. Well, I suppose it could still be an endearing movie, with cute designs for the characters and lots of wacky hijinks.

Nevermind.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

You were expecting animated? I was reading the summary and already figured they would do live-action. Plus, maybe they think it'll do as well as Once Upon A Time

4. Krowley Moderator

It's Disney Channel, so I can't say I'm all that surprised with the premise. I hate when they put live action spin-offs on fairy tale classics... It rarely appeals to me.

5. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I can see why they made it live action though, because if it was animated they would have to make it clear that this wasn't in the same universe as the Disney animated movies, or else there would be questions like "Where excatly was Jafar's son when Jafar was trying to take over. Couldn't his son just marry Jasmine intend of Jafar, and then they could work together to be super evil?" It would really be a headache for the hard core Disney Fans that see all of the plot complications it would have. Since this is on Disney Channel, I think it isn't going to be as dark or have the same themes as Once Upon A Time per say. And since it's on Disney Channel, I think it has little hope to really take off and become what it could be. We'll just have to wait and see though.

6. Arch Mana Knight

Can't imagine any of the villains even having any offspring. Though it isn't canon to the animated movies so I guess in live-action canon it could make sense. Still, sounds like a terrible setup. Just make a Kingdom Hearts animated series, Disney. It'd be infinitely better than any this stuff.

7. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Pretty much this. How characters like Jafar, Maleficent or worse, Ursula found someone to have kids with? That would require something called love unless they, well, just reproduced so that they can spread the dark forces or something. I don't know, it just has something very awkward if not bad about it.

8. Jayn

I think it sounds pretty cute / interesting and I'm willing to give it a chance. I don't really see any reason to insta-hate, as if it doesn't appeal to me when I see it it's as easy as not watching it. I definitely got a Once Upon a Time vibe from it, so I'm interested to see how this show will do.

9. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Oh speaking for myself i will definetely watch it since i'm already into Once Upon a time, as awkward as it's gonna be.

Anyway, if there is anyone into acting they are currently casting, the above extract is from the casting call.