Nintendo Detective Pikachu

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by . : tale_wind, Jan 26, 2016.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

[​IMG]

First teased in October 2013, Detective Pikachu ~Birth of a New Duo~ is a puzzle-adventure game for the 3DS. The story puts you into the shoes of a boy Tim Goodman who has newly arrived in Rhyme City when he meets a talking Pikachu and gets swept up into a mystery.

The game takes up 6,400 blocks (800 MB) and will release in Japan on February 3.

2. Plums Wakanda Forever

This is so odd, lmao, but it definitely has my interest! Always enjoyed the Mystery Dungeon games and heard good stuff about Pokemon Ranger, so it's exciting to see that they're continuing to branch out more and more. I'm pretty curious to see gameplay (especially if it's coming out that soon for Japan).

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Now that you mention it, there are a few screenshots I forgot to put up in the OP:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

This idea scares me so much, just because the thought of talking pokemon is so horrible to me. Yes, Mystery Dungeon games did talking, but they didn't actually have a voice. Lately all the pokemon films always have a talking pokemon, and it's so annoying hearing them. I'm torn about trying the game or not.

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

A few more screenshots:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's also now being reported that the game will be 4,951 blocks, rather than the previously reported 6,400.

6. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Danny Devito for Pikachu or riot

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Here's the first few minutes of the game!

A bit of info about Pikachu: He's a coffee fanatic--he's actually very knowledgeable about different blends and different cafes. He also has a weakness for pretty women, and often asks Tim to invite them on dates for him. Though he can speak, he's a little slow-moving and doesn't produce very strong electricity.

The game, in addition to interview and investigation segments, will have occasional quick-time events. They don't affect the story as a whole, but how you do will affect the ensuing cutscene.

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

It's been a couple of years, but the game is finally seeing a worldwide retail release!

While the Japanese eShop release of the game was a sort of "first episode," this retail release will explore the full story the digital game started.

In addition to the game, a very large Detective Pikachu amiibo will be released! The amiibo, when scanned into the game, can unlock cutscenes up to how far you've progressed in the game for viewing. Yes, the picture is to scale:

[​IMG]

The game and amiibo will see a worldwide release for the 3DS on March 23.