Did we do the right thing?

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Styx, Jan 31, 2009.

1. TacoGrenade King's Apprentice

Sounds perfectly fine to me. You were merely helping avoid a raping. In my opinion you should be awarded a medal or something. Seeing as you weren't able to call the police it was the only sensible thing to do, and I would've done the same.

2. Kaiionel Hollow Bastion Committee

I think you did the right thing in rescuing the girl. That was very brave. The one thing that wasn't best is beating up the guy so badly. If you had only done enough to defend yourselves and the girl, or maybe incapacitate him so that he couldn't do anything, that would be fine, but the extra punches weren't neccessary. Of course, I understand that it was a tough situation and everything, so don't worry too much over it.

3. Styx That's me inside your head.

Well thank you but it did happen more than three months ago...

4. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

styx bravery and valor don't just fade after three months and you still shood feel the pride of your actions.

5. no-reality_allowed ¢ℓαιяνσуαηт ℓσνєкιℓℓ

I'm cool with the helping of the girl, but damn, kicking that dude's ass was a little too much. Just a good punch to the nose will do the trick and knock a person down. heh, it's be kinda funny if the guy tried to sue you for assault.

6. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

Usually a good ass kicking is enough to make anyone realize that they messed up. Anyway, I think what you did was right. I wouldn't be able to just stand around and pretend like nothing happened. These types of thing are a constant reminder of why people should go to parties with friends.

7. Aura Goddess

You did do the right thing by getting the girl away from him. Although, like said before, the beating wasn't really necessary. In this type of situation, it'd be kind of hard to let the man just abuse the poor girl, unless, the people that were around didn't care about anything that was going on and only cared for the party. You guys did the right thing.

8. Alphonsefanatic Traverse Town Homebody

Standing up for someone is the right thing. Stand up for yourself, but more imprtantly for others.

9. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

you should have called the police afterwards instead of leaving him there. Even though he did something horrible, he could have been seriously injured from what just happened to him. Plus he would have gotten double the punishment because of what he did.

10. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

I'm not to knowledgeable about the law but I think beating the **** out of him and leaving him there might get you in trouble, but then considering what he was up too you probably did the right thing, though maybe a bit overboard.

11. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

it was the right thing to do...i mean imagine what could have happened to the girl if you did not rescue her

12. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

You did more then just the right thing, you probably saved that poor girl from being more scared for her life. It would've been better to have taken him to the station, but it's alright what you did. He probably learned his lesson doubled what should've been done.
    But I only have one question:

Were you hammered?
    Because twisting his foot seemed kinda odd to me. ._.

13. Repliku Chaser

I would say that you did the right thing for the most part including getting the girl home and telling the parents, but I can say that you forgot one thing. I would have got the guy's identification for the parents as well so that if they wanted to press charges they could, and I probably would have just said the whole truth and not used fake names because they might want to press charges and you're both witnesses. I probably would have only beat him down enough to get that, or called the cops so they could get the info, but either way that's the only thing I would have done slightly different. You saved that girl a lot of humiliation and from rape, as did your friend and I'd say you deserve to be commended. Good job!

14. Styx That's me inside your head.

He looked fine to us and even if he had a serious injury he would have been found eventually. All he had to do was to lie still for a couple more hours. :p

We were kinda drunk but not very.
    Twisting someone's foot can hurt...a lot.

Yeah, it was kind of selfish of us but we wanted to have as little as possible to do with it after that night. Also, it wasn't really self-defense so our actions may have turned against us. Not in the least because my friend is prone to fits or violent anger.

15. P Banned

I think the extensive beating was over the top. In a court, that would be assault, especially after the girl got seperated from him.

So yes, you rescued Princess Peach and beat up Bowser, but I think you could have cut down on the violence.

16. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

Well it still would have been nice if he got in trouble for his actions.

17. Egypt Twilight Town Denizen

I'm happy for you guys you did the right thing. I lough when you said your friend beat the guy up. But the parents should have press charges on him.

18. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

My point exactly! That would have gone with him for the rest of his life!

19. Cleopatra King's Apprentice

Styx, it’s obvious what you did was right :’D If anyone saved me from being raped I’d owe them big time [not saying that the girl owes you or anything], you & your friend not only saved her from getting raped, but the humiliation that would’ve affected her mentally after it. You & your friend deserve a medal, wear it with pride because what you guys did was not only the right thing to do but it took courage as well. Some of the guys I know would probably take advantage of a situation like that and rape the poor girl. Pressing charges for attempted rape could be an option that’s given to the girl’s parents, but it sounds like that perv learnt his lesson by the way you guys beat him up.

20. In explicit Angst Gummi Ship Junkie

You did the right thing. Think what could of happened to the girl if you've had left her there. It was right for the man that your friend beat him up!