SotW Discussion [dis] SotW #55 - Circle Brush/C4D, Woo

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Advent, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Alright, kudos to Chevalier for this idea. All brushing that you do (if any) must be done with the circle brush (normal or soft), and you must use the following C4D in some way:

[​IMG]

Deadline for entries is Friday, May 14th.

2. no-reality_allowed ¢ℓαιяνσуαηт ℓσνєкιℓℓ

I'll add this to the entry topic if I don't make anything else by next week.

cnc?
    edit: the c4d is on the wall btw. I spent less than a half hour and didn't feel like finding some extravagant solution for that thing. I wanted something nice to look at, quick, and simple.

[​IMG]

3. Misty gimme kiss

Judging by NRA's entry, does the C4D have to be terribly noticeable? :v Also, can we smudge/liquefy it? (both using the circle brush, of course)

4. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Yup, do whatever you want with it, so long as it's used it's all good.

5. Jade Traverse Town Homebody

Oooo. Pretty fractal... I may do this.... Maybe.... Are we allowed to use any other renders or does it have to be limited to that particular fractal?

6. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

You can use other renders so long as the given render is at least moderately noticeable.

7. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Pretty interesting challenge this week, I might enter if I get something in on time. I'm probably going to use this to improve my smudging since I think my current smudging is a little crappy.

8. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Oh, wow. I was taken into consideration. I feel special <3

I want to partake in this, I've just recently returned to using PS and with more people around, I think this is better.

I do have one problem. I changed my resolution because it became blurry all of the sudden, and now everything looks more panoramic. I don't even know how to fix it, since every other resolution looks blurred or too sharp. Had to return to default 1600x1050 resolution. Not loving it.

9. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

[​IMG]

The C4D is the BG which I smudged with a Circle Brush, there are also other Circles as Clipping Masks and Light Source/Dots.

Comments or whatever as long as not spam.

10. Misty gimme kiss

Chaser's won, no point in entering anymore. xD

Get rid of that green though.

11. Jade Traverse Town Homebody

Agreed. That little smidgen of green is out of place but other than that, hot damn that is pretty. :D

LOVE the lighting.

12. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I like the green. I don't think you should remove it.

I do think the image is a bit sharp in some areas. A little blurring & blending of the stock (slightly) would make this a winner. BTW, Smudging = godly. I so want to smudge like that. I also like the flow.

13. Jade Traverse Town Homebody

I do have a tutorial on that smudge style (though I'm no expert on it myself, the tut was helpful) I just can't remember where I found it. I have it saved on my computer. It's by someone called shavemoarbirds. XD

Edit: I FOUNND ITTT!!!! O.O

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1196/shavemoarbirdstut.jpg

It's a really simple technique really. It just uses a round brush and simple in and out motions. It's really simple but I've made some of my best stuff using that technique.
    example:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/Recca303/midnightserenitytextless-1.png

IMG tags failed me.... D:

14. Chevalier Crystal Princess

THIS- thanks a million. Now I have a fighting chance in the SotW. I'm still a bit pensive about competing, since I won once, and that was a stroke of simplicity/genius/Luck.

I'm so trying this out. Thanks, Jade. <3

15. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Actually, the smudge style I used is mine, though the one of that tutorial is similar, I use different settings and style of smuding. lol

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions, fixed up some stuff:

[​IMG]

Since it was impossible to get rid of the green part without redoing a crapload of Apply Image layers, I just adjusted the color of it.

I also blurred on Lighten some parts where blending wasn't good enough, and got rid of the blue part on the bottom, even though it is part of the stock without the rest of that part it doesn't look good, IMO.

Better/Worse?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.