Awaiting Feedback Discord Dyno Bot

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by 61, Nov 25, 2016.

1. 61 No. B

this bot is ****ing dumb.

First of all, it started doing this thing recently where it deletes any posts that have more than like 10 repeats of a single character. But it still shows the message it deleted. lol. I get how this could come in handy in some situations, but honestly, we don't need it. Not once that this function has been used in the chat has it been one where it was an actual offense. Like this one time I died to a boss in Bloodborne and said "fffffffffffffffffff" it deleted it. Who's that harming? I see how this type of bot would be useful in a much more active chat that's harder to moderate but considering how small we are, how much staff we have, and how most active members are pretty mature, it seems like if there is a legit spam issue one of y'all is bound to catch it. And if you're not and someone is spamming the place, you're probably going to be notified. Also Dyno deletes posts that have too many emojis. Same as before. See how this could be beneficial to a very active place, but very active khv is not. Basically what's up is that the chat's not happy with it.

2. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Honestly, I don't see what Dyno's purpose is. Modbot already purges bad stuff and keeps the ranks organized. I can only assume that we brought in Dyno to play music and the moderation duties just came with it...

That said, it's abuseable. I can use its deleted message prompt to let slurs slip through censors that staff can't delete. I can make it spam, too. It's also just kinda annoying. We have a pretty tiny group, and if we grow in numbers, slow mode can bring spam to a HALT immediately.

And real talk? Is a repeated character even spam? I guess if I post just "iiiiiiiiiii" it is but.... it feels we should be stopping duplicated messages over one with a chain of letters. Like... does any staff here actually care if I say "sweet" with 9 or 12 e's for added emphasis? If you do, have at enforcing it then.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  3. Plums Wakanda Forever

I'll look into the bot's functions in the next couple of days to see about disabling the multi-character spam limit and also stopping the auto-moderation message for now, and potentially talk with the rest of the staff on the Dyno bot in general (what we need it for that Modbots doesn't provide, etc). Thanks for bringing this to our attention!