Do most Disney sequels stink?

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Gamefreak103, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Depends on wether the story really needs to be expanded if they makle a sequel for a film that has a decent ending then thats no good usually like the Little Mermain and the sequel the little mermaid 2

2. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

A lot of them do, but not all of them. Bambi 2 was good. The Lion King 2 was ok, too. The Beauty and the Beast sequels weren't that bad, and I liked Return of Jafar.

3. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

Good point. I mean The Return of Jafar was okay, same for Aladdin & The King of Thieves. I just wish that they haven't changed the animation so damn much. The Lion King II was basically another parody of Romeo & Juliet, but with an alternate ending. The Hunchback of Notre Dame was more Quasimodo meeting a new girlfriend, no dark tones like in the first one. Pocahontas II was majorly historically inaccurate. So far Toy Story II was the best sequel that Disney and Pixar made. But the sequels to Beauty & The Beast didn't work for me.

I did enjoy Cinderella II a little bit, but I haven't seen much of Cinderella III.

As for Return To Neverland, makes me want to believe in faith, trust, and pixie dust. Gotta love that sequel.

4. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

That's stupid how all those sequels like Bambi II are made by DisneyToons, and not by the same Disney studio as the originals were. I think that's a bad move, because it adds something bad to the Disney movies, one after another. But Toy Story II, III, and Cars 2 are lucky since they're sequels made by the same company as their originals. Pixar's really good, they made a sequel that's better than the original with TS II, so I'm not tooo worried about TS III and Cars 2.
    I just want DisneyToons to go away and burn and smoulder... If we're gonna get sequels to classics, they should be very good, not disapointing as they often are.

5. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

DisneyToons has to make the sequels unless you want them computer animated. They fired all the original hand-drawing artists for some stupid reason (my friend was at Disney World at the time they did this, she was soooo pissed).

6. In_the_Twilight Twilight Town Denizen

It's not that DisneyToons added something bad to the sequels, they just took a lot away. Something was missing: Good music, good storyline, good dialog, good graphics, take your pick.

It didn't make sense to have sequels to movies that had resolve and were better left alone. Little Mermaid II, for example, was unnecessary. They had their happily ever after.

Some of them were left open ended, like Pocahontas, but the sequel was still crap. I just pretend Pocahontas II doesn't exist, because it ruins the essence of the first movie.

7. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

Not to mention the sequels to Beauty and The Beast. The first film already had a happily ever after we don't need to know about that other stuff from those two sequels.

8. The Fuk? Dead

Toy Story 2 was good. Beauty and the beast I think sucked. They should've made Bug's life 2 though, that would've been great.

9. Skylight_Defect Hollow Bastion Committee

Most Disney sequels do suck. Most Disney films end in 'Happily Ever After'
    Why do we need to know what happens after that?
    I did like the Lion King 2 though.

10. LittleArtistNamine Destiny Islands Resident

I agree. I mean, what's the point of Cinderella 2 (That's a Disney movie, right?) I mean, yes, she was married, but we don't need to leanr more about her love life. Lion King Two was very enjoyable, but Disney needs to not end a film in "Happily Ever After" if they're going to make a sequel.

11. Kyubi the Keyblade Master Twilight Town Denizen

I will say that some sequels have been rather odd in comparison to their original counterparts. But there have been some great ones, like Toy Story 2 and The Lion King 2. But in my opinion, the best Disney sequels by far are of the Pirates of the Caribbean series.

12. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

I concur. One thing that I liked about Cinderella 2 was that it Anastacia a second chance of finding love in her side of the story. I mean that had to count for something as I said before.

13. water mage Kingdom Keeper

It depends which ones they are and if they have a good storyline or not. I was disappointed with the sequel of Little Mermaid or should I say the third one as well because there are made up characters that don't move the story line or have nothing to do with the oringinal story. In the third Little Mermaid movie I was hoping to see Ursula because I believe that she is King Triton's sister for it was annonced on the first movie under deleted scenes.

14. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

Hmm.....good point.

I better check out Cinderella 3. I am not sure about Bambi 2, but I'll give it a shot.

15. water mage Kingdom Keeper

Cinderella 3 you will be disappointed for it has nothing to do with the second one. It is more like a prequel or a change of fate for Cinderella and it involves more of her youngest step sister Anatasia.

16. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Actually i think they did make a hercules sequel a long time ago. for money i bet to/ Or it might have just been the show. It was called zero to hero or something like that... i don't remember.

17. water mage Kingdom Keeper

No they never had a Hercules sequel. The one you are referring to was the series of Hercules when he was an adolestant. It was called Hercules the series.

18. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

It depends on the story and plot. Recently there havne't been any good ones out lately. The new ones are either prequels where they add characters and the main character are EITHER still kids while in the orignal they are adult, such as Bambi and Tarzan. It makers no sense and should be called PREQUAL not part 2 of etc. Seriously Disney is losing their touch.
    Other newer ones include their children get mostly a story, but not the main character whose is left out in the shadows. Mermaid 2,.

Or even bad animation. Such as the return of Jafar the movie sucked because half the time animation style was bad, but they made the third one better because the animation was a hell lot better quality. There are others out there like the third mermaid movie, and cinderella and other prequels that sucked as well.

19. Finale Wannabe Nobody

they always ruin the best
    Tarzan
    Lilo and Stitch
    Lion king

why!!!
    they fail!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.