Kingdom Hearts II Do you hate Kairi?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Misty, May 3, 2008.

?

Do you hate Kairi?

1. Yes, she's always bugged me.

15.5%
  2. No, she's just fine.

56.9%
  3. I don't really care. :l

27.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misty gimme kiss

I've always liked her, but I've been browsing some sites and... Wow. People really don't like her. o_o So I wanted to Poll you guys on it. ;3

2. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

I think she,along with riku and sora are like the Duck tape holding the irish,british and Americian
    Economies together.

3. Azure Flame Banned

I don't hate her at all. I think it's mosty Sora fangirls that hate her. I think her and Sora should get together. That would be great.

4. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

LOL!!! That is so true.

5. Misty gimme kiss

Agreed. ;3

6. Legion Twilight Town Denizen

how could anyone hate her?

7. Repliku Chaser

I don't really care about Kairi. She has potential but she's typically the white mage mary sue of KH. I think people who hate her are generally the ones who want SoraxRiku. There are some reasons that Kairi can be pinpointed as not so 'innocent' and pure as she was made out to be. After all, she did try to say to leave the guy who BUILT the raft for the main part behind and go off with Sora alone. Wouldn't a real friend have said to the other friend that Riku was really acting kind of weird and then both gone and talked to him instead? She also condoned the actions of the competition between the boys which was friendly but encouraged by her and later when Riku was crazy because of Darkness...he uses it as reasonings that Sora and he are rivals.

8. Misty gimme kiss

I dunno. In one of the recent threads in here, people talked about how much they didn't like her. They normally put up the complaint that she's too damsel-in-distress.

I think Kairi saying that she had feelings for Sora. I think she knew that Sora would be way too nai've to ever realize on her own, and that was kind of her way of seeing his reaction. I don't think it had anything to do with Riku.

9. Zandyne King's Apprentice

I dislike Kairi because as someone who is said to be an "equal part" of their trinity of friendship but she comes off as a leech, Riku got put through the character growth hell-hole (and is one of the most developed characters because of this) and Sora is Mr. Airheaded-Optimistic-Hyper-Hero-Go (in the very least he is so goody-goody and brimming with happiness and good-spirit it annoys people who wanted an emo-broody hero, I won't lie but that somewhat is what makes him Sora and likeable). She also has terrible character development and is hampered by Nomura's design (or lack thereof) to even be considered a good character much less a real character at all.

I get better vibes from Aqua and I've only seen teaser clips for her if that helps the comparison. But in current-game comparison, if I were to pick between Namine and Kairi for character and character roles ironically, I would, without a doubt, pick Namine who between the two of them, has more character than Kairi can possibly make up for in two games. (To be fair they both got two games, but between the two, Namine had more development or at more character to her.)

Kairi is 'pretty' but that's about it, she doesn't seem to serve much other purpose despite what other people *coughKairifanscough* speculate.

The sad thing is that if Kairi wasn't Sora and Riku's good friend (the reasoning for this eluding me....) but rather one of the OTHER princesses of heart, she would have been rescued about the same. Sora would still be obligated to save her because of her OVERWHELMING LIGHT and Riku would still have had to find her because of her OVERWHELMING LIGHT even if neither knew her. And that part of her being that kind of Sue character is damn unsettling.

What's even sadder is that I find (decent or good) fanfic writer's development and depiction of Kairi much more likable than the person who created her (Nomura). I know he has a loop-hole clause going but I find it ever amusing that the depictions of Kairi are usually rather different when compared to depictions of Sora and Riku.

10. WaftVixen Merlin's Housekeeper

Well, I dunno. To me, Kairi's ok I guess.. but Sora never treat her like he would have feelings towards her whenever she's around. Even when he gets back to Destiny Isle on KH2, he didn't hug her, but instead shake hands. Yeah I agree with the point that Sora is naive since he cared for his friends more than anything else. He even cried when he finally met Riku again. But there is a few hint showing that he really do like her (since he even, i dunno, daydream? the times when being together with her during certain circumstances occured). Its just that he doesn't really know how to show it. I do think most girls act just like Kairi in the real world, and yeah maybe the fangirls are just jealous that Kairi gets to be near him. Lol. Just my opinion. =P But all and all, I think she's ok.

Yeah, plus the part Tetsuya's way of lacking in character build for Kairi as a girl is kinda odd. I do think Namine is way suitable to be the princess of heart instead.

11. Aura Goddess

Thats true.

I don't hate her.She's awsome.She's a princess lol but yeah I don't hate her.

12. Zandyne King's Apprentice

What I find most odd about this statement is that Kairi is incredibly helpless for a girl who apparently depicts the rest of the female populous of the world. And I assure you sir that once someone gets captured once, they do their damn best to make sure they don't get kidnapped again. Unlike a certain....redheaded girl.

How is she awesome out of curiosity?

13. 00Roxas00 剛情のロクサス

Precisely:D

14. Aura Goddess

I don't know.I actually have no idea why I put awsome lol I just don't hate her.

15. Black Sinner Twilight Town Denizen

I don't hate her. She's just too... nice to hate. Though it would be nice if she could actually fight.

16. Misty gimme kiss

I have to disagree here. She (and Riku) give Sora something to fight for. And even if it wasn't actually her, she helped Riku find the path of twilight in CoM. If Namine hadn't disguised herself as Kairi I doubt that her little speech would have as much of an impact.

17. Zandyne King's Apprentice

Ok you're free to disagree.

Maybe, but one instance in three whole games, even if it is indirect, is not justification of the character (for your example). Namine helped Riku, not Kairi, hence why it's odd to give character points to something as indirect as that. It's like saying Oathkeeper is what destroyed Xehanort's Heartless/Xemnas (while possible is not always true, it's which ever you use for the final battle, or the Kingdom Key by default.)

Also it is far from justification that Kairi is a good character, we don't directly see much of her "support" except indirectly as per what Riku and/or Sora might say (and maybe her single comments about "I know you can do it" which just about every other good character says anyway). And as much as I love their side-mentioning of it, I would rather see another way of showing this applied from her character rather than from other characters describing it. Yes she is nice but it's empty when it describes her, does that make sense? She's a little TOO back-row to really be a solid "main" character.

18. myoblivion King's Apprentice

At first when I found out about Kingdom Hearts I like...Really wanted to kill her >.< I hated her so much, but only because I had..A really big crush on Sora >.<
    But now, after I reconisdered some things and such, I think she's okay.
    I still dont like her that much but she's fine...So, I think she's an okay character, but she's not my favorite.
    For sure >.<

19. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

To tell the truth, I could careless about Kairi. There's nothing special about her; besides her being a princess and stuff like that. She's the typical damsal in distress. She even tries to fight, but fails. >.>

20. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

I am not sure i want to pick

"No, she's just fine"
    or
    "I don't really care. :l"

... oh well, im going to pick

"No, she's just fine"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.