Kingdom Hearts II Do you hate Kairi?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Misty, May 3, 2008.

?

Do you hate Kairi?

1. Yes, she's always bugged me.

15.5%
  2. No, she's just fine.

56.9%
  3. I don't really care. :l

27.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Kairi annoys me for her lack of character...actually I guess I should be more annoyed at Nomura for not giving her character developement...in that sense, I hate kh2 as well because there were so many characters that could of had some "fixing" and we just skip by them...=/

2. {Vena_Sera}_ The Anti{Saint} King's Apprentice

she is ok i dont pay attention 2 her

3. Nightmare King Moogle Assistant

Well I don't hate her I think she kinda kewl because I mean she explore the world of darkness saved sora from heartless form kicked butt with Riku and + in KH 2 she uses a keyblade which means shes a keyblade weilder it's probabyl goiing to be all three of them in KH3 to gether and fighting insead of sora donld and goofy you probably get to switch through the three to play as and then make yopur own party out of the charters you get to use

4. Zandyne King's Apprentice

I took the time to modify your post, hope you didn't mind.

I also included the words "everybody else," but I guess they don't exist, KH is all about the Sora and Kairi I fathom. As for your "connections" statement, if we're going by that, Axel and Roxas also had a connection, so did Larxene and Marluxia, Xemnas and his Kingdom Hearts, Repliku and Namine, etc. Then again I guess they are off the scope...given they clearly weren't the game's focus at all at any point...

Though given Nomura's lack of development with Kairi she might as well be in a backpack or whatever Sora stores his items in, after all it would save the effort of her getting captured again just to be saved to advance the plot.

Also they are a trio/trinity of main characters, to omit one is to break the trinity which is one of the main themes and points of KH (friendship and all that jazz), then again given Kairi is the weakest in terms of development, breaking the trinity just for her seems even more pointless (the action of separating them for the sake of "pairing them up"). Really they should all just be good friends, it's worked in the past so why split them up?

Ah well, just my opinion on the matter.

5. The Lone Wanderer Twilight Town Denizen

I don't hate her. Sometimes I thought she was a useless character but that changed once she got the flowery keyblade.

6. Gritz Traverse Town Homebody

Actually, that made her worse. Now she is a definate Mary Sue. She didn't need weapons or fighting abilities. She needed character development and flaws.

7. Pistol Schoolboy Gummi Ship Junkie

Eh, she was alright. But I wish they could've made Kairi not so ... cliched.
    I mean, she was the damsel in distress who never got the big part in the game. Just some sad cutscenes and a little fight scene here and there.
    Nothing real special. I find her to be pretty awesome, however.
    Hopefully, she'll get a bigger part in a game sometime soon.

8. The Guy Destiny Islands Resident

I never liked Kairi. Ever since the game introduced her on Day 1 at Destiny Islands, she's always bugged me. Especially in Kingdom Hearts 2 when she says "You know Sora's hopeless without us.

9. kingdomhearts123 Traverse Town Homebody

she gets annoying sometimes when she kinda disses sora and stuff but other then that shes ok

10. krayzie Ruthless Villain

i dont like how she wanted to leave Riku on the island and leave with Sora in KH1
    but she's watever

11. The Guy Destiny Islands Resident

Actually, that was a joke..I think.
    On day 2 she said something about leaving Riku on the island. and only her and Sora leaving, but then she giggled and said "Just kidding".

12. krayzie Ruthless Villain

ur probably right
    but i think that she sort of meant it
    i dont know

13. {Vena_Sera}_ The Anti{Saint} King's Apprentice

actually that depends on how you say hate in just a way she annoyes you or you litteraly hate her on other levels

14. krayzie Ruthless Villain

i dont really hate her
    sometimes she bugs me but watever
    to me she one of the main characters and needed in the story

15. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

i cant hate her when in quizzes all i get is Kairi XD

she cat help that she's weak, she never did fight before what happened in KH so you cant blame her... she's just a little bossy that's all (KH)

16. {Vena_Sera}_ The Anti{Saint} King's Apprentice

thats true except saying shes weak she is actualy strong in confidence and hope musles dont always matter

17. Haseo Knight of Light

I can't say I hate her, but she does annoy me.

18. Repliku Chaser

Sadly, no, it wasn't a joke. She meant it and said Riku had changed. Sora said that Kairi was the one who was changing and she retracted the statement and backed off it. I think she was getting somewhat worried and all but she really did the Mary Sue thing there and did not talk to Riku, tell Sora her worries or anything. She just made the suggestion to run off without Riku on the raft HE made and then pulled back saying Sora was right.

19. EvilMan_89 Code Master

wow, that makes Kairi sound like a huge jerk, lol

20. Repliku Chaser

It was kind of mean to do but I think we were supposed to get the point that she was beginning to get worried about Riku, even though she didn't do anything about it other than suggest running away on the raft he built with Sora. So, it was poorly executed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.