Kingdom Hearts II Do you hate Kairi?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Misty, May 3, 2008.

?

Do you hate Kairi?

1. Yes, she's always bugged me.

15.5%
  2. No, she's just fine.

56.9%
  3. I don't really care. :l

27.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star_Seeker King's Apprentice

But she was aware that she had known him, and she wrote that letter. She remembered him name soon after.

2. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

i guess...
    she remember she had a human friend...
    who was a boy...
    i guess that means something

3. Ravenyuki Traverse Town Homebody

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EvilMan_89
    i hate Kairi, all she ever does is get in the way, why can't she just die?!
    Well...Who would Sora have saved if Kairi wasn't in it? These hero stories almost always have the "damsel in distress".
    1) About the Sora fan girls hating her... COME ON! HE'S A FICTIONAL CHARACTER! Which means...he aint real. He's not going to come out of the screen one day and...
    2) I think it's a waste of time hating on people.
    So, anyway...I don't hate her.

4. RedHot1994 Traverse Town Homebody

That's the main reason why I hate her!!!
    Otherwise, she is just plain annoying being the damsel in distress all the time!
    UGH, I HATE KAIRI!!!

5. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Meh... I have no reason to hate her. She's a charcter, and part of the game as much as Sora, Riku, Mickey, Roxas or whoever. And neither did I really care for her. =D
    I don't hate her, and neither do I care. She's nothing but a mere character in the game. *shrugs*
    Whatev....

6. Lefolane Destiny Islands Resident

She bugged me as she's a Mary Sue and she doesn't care about Riku as much as Sora but I DON'T hate her since she's Sora's girl :p
    So I voted for 'No, she's just fine'
    I hope just like others that she'll have more role in KH3 if they're gonna make it(I don't mean BBS) and not be Mary Sue or damsel in distress.

7. Roxaspartanti King's Apprentice

I hated her in kh1. She bugged me alot. Yah know, "You lazy bum!"
    In kh 2 she matured....thank goodness for that.

8. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I don't like the reasons people give for hating Kairi.
    "OMG SHE'S STEALING MY SORA-KUN. DDDDD:"

Dude. Designers made that happen. Don't hate the character for that. >_>;;

I like her. And I really think she's one of the stronger characters in the game, seeing as her friends aren't in the same world as she is. Also the fact that her love interest is fighting the forces of darkness with a duck and a dog...thing. How great would you feel about his safety?
    And as for not liking Riku, it's not that...she does, but as a friend. It's rather obvious she has stronger feelings for Sora. =\

9. sora_i_can_do_this Traverse Town Homebody

I think the romance between Sora and Kairi

is sweet and a relationship people can relate to

P.S. I hope they kiss in KH3 (but no tongue)

10. Zandyne King's Apprentice

Speaking of her coming from Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden, I believe she was gipped of something in character design...think very hard if you have to about what I mean by that, specifically the residents of HB/RG...like the apprentices, some of the people who reside there and defend it and then look at Kairi who can't really fight or at least toss potions to people. I think that's some serious gipping there..... :\

Still not an excuse to like her though. (for me anyway) Being a love interest of the main character does nothing to redeem her either....

11. Stardust Chaser

In just about every media series or franchise, there is always at least one character that many people look down on because they are not totally independent and/or insanely strong. In Kingdom Hearts, this character happens to be Kairi. Her character development was hindered by the things that happened to her, but it's those things that propelled the story forward, and without them the plot of these games would have worn thin way too quickly. In example [SPOILERS] -- In the first game, Sora starts out as simply searching for his friends, but because of Kairi's condition, Riku turns against Sora and ends up helping who was then thought to be Ansem. In combination it all threatened the existence of the universe, and fleshed out the plot considerably. Characters like Kairi are necessary -- Physically weak but with a strong will, someone who may have horrible luck but can also instill some sense of hope to the other characters. Kairi wasn't created to be physically powerful, she was created to move the plot forward just like any other character, but in order to do this conflict has to occur. In this series, a lot of the conflicts revolve around Kairi, which may make her seem weak -- in truth, though, she's just the most normal of any of the other characters. She doesn't have infinite strength to take down any enemy that may come after her, and Sora's forcing her to be stuck at home kept her from getting much experience.
    In all honesty, no, I don't hate Kairi. Her character may seem weak, but she's most definitely more human than any of the other characters could ever hope to be -- which is the exact reason why so many people dislike her. Apparently for a character to be likeable they have to be near-perfect, or have some kind of dark past and deep character development, which is more than most real people will ever have. People hate Kairi for being normal, or at least as normal as you can get in this series.
    Before I shut up though, I just want to let all the people who hate Kairi out there know that I understand where they're coming from -- characters like her might be necessary, but they can also be equally obnoxious. It still doesn't change my view here though, I think Kairi's just fine.

12. Zandyne King's Apprentice

Kairi happens to be a princess of light (course everyone might be...), wield a keyblade (then again I guess everyone does...), her Nobody can manipulate the memories of Sora (or maybe just about everyone can do that), she came from HB/RG as a refugee (then again there were a lot of those) and when she gets captured she gets treated like a piece of fine china (maybe some villains have a good hostage code?). She also had half a year to do something, even Selphie (a character just there for cameos) knows a form of self-defense, Kairi runs at best or just...stands there, you can still be normal and know the basics of "if some man tries to grab you, you kick and scream." She is more than allowed to be weak, but not knowing the basics of self-preservation in that regard is a very lame reason for "normalcy," I dare say it travels close to "idiocy" in her case, had Axel been brandishing a weapon and she came quietly it would make more sense, but rather he just waltzed up to her. Even her Nobody showed more spunk with at least indicating she wasn't going to go quietly the 2nd time around.

I'm not expecting a dark past or as much of a character rough path as say, Riku or even the slight one Sora went through and then promptly forgot or anything, but for such a potentially "good character" she could be, it is not very well shown. It also doesn't help that when she is run through certain parameters, she comes very close to being a Sue, as when she is shown in a scene it's like it's doing its best to show how NOT NORMAL she is. Also consider the people in Twilight Town, they're all quite normal and have much better personalities then her, ironically Olette came off as being a fragment of Kairi minus Kairi's Sue status, I liked Olette much better, who is an example of a TRUE normal person in the KHverse. But I won't stop you from liking Kairi, I'm merely curious as to how people can like her aside from reasons of "niceness", "prettiness" and "she looks good with Sora." I know Kairi is necessary, but this doesn't excuse her for being executed (in my opinon) rather poorly.

13. Repliku Chaser

I have to say I liked Olette more too because even in her short debut she seemed to have more personality. At the end of KH2 though, Kairi did show more of a personality so I am hoping in KH3 she will be a more understandable character. That really is one of my beefs about the character. She had 0 personality to her until she got a backbone and did something, even if I do ponder how she jumped off that ledge in a swan dive and landed not by cracking her skull open. She has potential but it is severely untapped, and I'm not talking her abilities here. Not everyone has to be a fighter. However, they at least need some personality development. We know Riku's and Sora's. It would be nice to see something of Kairi's more than just being Sora's love interest.

14. Katsquatch Klone #5 Twilight Town Denizen

I don't HATE Kairi. I thought she was somewhat irritating in the first one..another damsel in distress with an annoying voice. The second game wasn't as bad, she was a little more kick butt and what not. Still she's never really been my favorite character, something about her just seems really fake :/

15. BlazBlue Calamity King's Apprentice

She's never bothered me maybe alittle in the firts one but not much XD

16. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

I don't hate her, I just think she's a useless ***** who gets kidnapped lots of times and attacks with a crap keyblade, then again maybe I do hate her, bring in a girl who's actually tough, Namine > Kairi, Kairi should get together with Sora but come on, Belle could elbow Xaldin in the gut, I doubt Kairi would actually be able to do that. She's hot but she's useless at the sametime, let's hope in KH3 Kairi's character dosen't get kidnapped.

17. *dancewaterdance* King's Apprentice

She's never really bothered me. Her voice was a little annoying in the first game, but other than, I'm fine with her.

18. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Personally, i quite like Kairi. I like the whole Sora, Kairi relation. It's cute. As for kairi, she's like Sora's strenght, his reason for fightin'. Even though he is fightin' for his friends, he knows Riku was safe (kinda) in KH1, but he fought to find Kairi. Then in KH2 kairi took a leap into the darkness to find Sora, n' then she used a keyblade to fight. It gives a small insight of what Kairi can do, n' I hope they expand on this in futrue games though.

Her character may be weaker than Sora's n' Riku's, but she was thier drive, even if she was on the sideline for the most part.

19. RoxaSora2010 Nulla è reale. Tutto è lecito.

why I should hate kairi? she is beauty

20. Nobody's Shadow Kingdom Keeper

In a room where it's nine in the afternoon.
    I've always been fine with Kairi since the beginning of the games. Even though I'm a total Sora fangirl (more so a few years ago, I've chilled a bit), I don't have any harsh feelings towards Kairi. Personally I think the two of them would make up the best pairing, but that's just my opinion.

So yeah, Kairi is still awesome in my book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.