Kingdom Hearts II Do you hate Kairi?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Misty, May 3, 2008.

?

Do you hate Kairi?

1. Yes, she's always bugged me.

15.5%
  2. No, she's just fine.

56.9%
  3. I don't really care. :l

27.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Namine-x Merlin's Housekeeper

I dont hate her - Far from it
    But her personality, or rather lack of it, buggs me sometimes
    Thats all :D

2. I don't hate Kairi. Nor like her. In fact, I'm neutral, because there's nothing there to like and hate about her, since she's mostly bland. You take her out of the picture in The World That Never Was, and you wondered what would be the point of her being there in the first place. I feel nothing for the girl. With Naminé is different, she's actually interesting and makes me wonder and look at her a different way, which is ironic, as most have pointed out, since she's the Nobody. That's why I love Larxene as well, and Aqua is just awaiting.

That's alll, really. Kairi can die in the game, and I wouldn't even blink a eye.

3. WaftVixen Merlin's Housekeeper

Well you never know. People being kidnapped is mostly.. by force. You don't plan it unless for some reason. Well maybe the reason she let herself being kidnapped again is that so she could find Sora again? Well she did give trouble a bit to Sora to find her, but in the end she did help Sora in the way of defeating a few Heartless (few maybe, yeah i know) and finding Riku. Or else Sora wouldn't have known Riku for sure that he is in Xehanorts Heartless form, since Riku didn't wanted Sora to find him yet that way. Anyway not all girls are made from Roses with thorns ya know? Some are just sweet old Daisies. Defenseless from any fingers to pick it, unless it is cared by some garderners. If you get my point.

P/S: Well not that I fond her much, just neutral.

4. the-melodious-schemer Merlin's Housekeeper

I like Kairi.

I don't find her at all annoying but I'm not far enough in the game to say whether she's useless at fighting or not and I haven't played the first game.

I do however think she's a good character, she has a cool personality and she isn't a major prep like a lot of people portray her in fanfics.

5. Amethyst Grave Hollow Bastion Committee

I dont really have a problen with kairi but i wanted to burn that keyblade of hers! It was WAY too stupid looking, they should have taken off some of the flowers!

6. WaftVixen Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah, I totally agree with the keyblade stuff. Even Kyer was paused a moment seeing it when Riku gave it to her. =D

7. NeoJecht Twilight Town Denizen

death to all who hate kairi

.....yes i am a kairi fanboy .....WHAT

8. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Kairi's a princess. They kinda had to make her be rescued by the hero, so she'd seem more princess-esque.
    This is Disney we're talking about, guys. Lighten up.

The only true kick-ass heroine Disney had was Mulan.

And about the Keyblade...I did think that was rather pathetic. Rather stereotypical, being all pink and flowery and whatnot, but again, two words sum it up.
    Disney. Princess.

9. Xegreny Kingdom Keeper

Omfg, Star posted for once. :O! APOCALYPSE.

Oh and, I don't HATE Kairi... and I don't like her much either. It just seems like she's just there, to be used to entice Sora/Riku to action, and or let the whole 6-degrees-of-separation thing work. (The somebody of the nobody friend of the nobody of the hero of the other friend who was Ansem's slave. :X)

10. Zandyne King's Apprentice

Oh I perfectly understand this, but even the Daisy's SHADOW (coughNaminecough) behaved in as uncooperative manner as possible, Kairi just stood there the 3rd time around, (1st was understandable, 2nd she ran, but 3rd she just stood there). I'm not expecting a brawler out of her at all anymore, but common sense is the least she could supply.

Counter-point summed up, Nomura, DESIGN. Not Disney, Disney did NOT create Kairi, NOMURA DID, he could have made her a Rikku/Yuffie character (a peppy, creative, sneaky-but-well-meaning type) and she probably still would have been captured.

Also, Belle showed some kick, Ariel fought alongside you just as Mulan could. And Ariel WAS a princess mind you. ]8

11. WaftVixen Merlin's Housekeeper

Maybe she's just... shocked? Lol. I dunno. Maybe. Perhaps that part you're right. Namine... she's helping Roxas out instead. That kinda help Sora a bit too.

12. Zandyne King's Apprentice

It's the second time she's seen Axel, being shocked after the 2nd time is a rather poor reason. And Namine is helping Sora for Sora, there was an entire game on that, KH2's story-line is screwed up in it's rationale, so I don't hold it accountable for whatever last-minute, unfounded stuff it spews forth. She also held Kairi's hand and helped her escape, literally. When Saix appeared Namine made a tough face and at least made an indication she wasn't going to go quietly, Kairi mimicked her afterwards, quite lame if you ask me, the Original mimicking the shadow at that. Kairi also knew Saix was evil and had ill-intent, she talked to him from her cell, so no excuse for "not knowing."

13. Jinxzett Moogle Assistant

Well~ I'd like her more if Nomura hadn't made her as a damsel in distress... And to be honest, I like Namine more...

14. Fruity~ Hollow Bastion Committee

Meh. I don't really mind here. She doesn't disturb me. :/

15. Paladin12345678 Twilight Town Denizen

Wait, um, how was Kairi kidnapped THREE times? The 'first' time she was a total vegetable with her heart within Sora. it wasn't so much of a kidnapping but more of a 'Hey, she's there totally unmoving, let's nab her'. The second time was quite plausible. She was sitting in a room with three kids she'd never met before when a creepy man who had just earlier acted very creepy to her appear out of nowhere thinking, 'screw acting nice, I'll just nab her'. Both male kids were casually rebuffed and Kairi was left stranded next to a teenage girl of identical build to her with the only exit past Axel. The third time was pretty unavoidable as well. Saix is just damn scary. Plus, we have no idea what actually happened when Saix got her. And plus, she was brave enough to charge into a dark portal THREE TIMES without knowing where she was going. And then she followed a tiny blond girl in a white dress around an enemy castle looking for Sora, despite knowing full well it housed the organization. Kairi is brave, but not in the sense that Sora and Riku are. Kairi is very weak and frail physically, and has little to no fighting skill. However, she has vast amounts of courage. In KH1 she wants to go with Sora to Hollow Bastion, despite having no weapon. In KH2, as mentioned earlier, she charges around the castle with Namine in tow looking for Sora and damn the Nobodies swarming around. When she does find Sora, she jumps off a freaking balcony into the waiting Heartless, then when given a weapon takes it all in her stride and smacks two Heartless in an instant. I'm not exactly a rabid fan, but I think she gets a bit more of a bad rap than she deserves.

16. Dredica SNES was the best.

I mean, I don't really hate her, but I don't like her much. She's good because she is a HUGE role in Riku's story, so since Riku is my favorite character, she has to be a little okay to me. She just gets in the way too much.

17. Cherry Berry Chaser

She's alright, not too bad, she just needs to shine out her personality a bit more. I didn't think we saw enough of her character. She was almost just in the background.

18. Kaihedgie Gummi Ship Junkie

Like I said, these kinds of topics are phail. XP

There really is no need to hate a fictional character made out of data given vocals through a real-life person.

No, I don't hate her either. I just don't see why. : p

19. Dove Syndrome Traverse Town Homebody

I don't really mind her.

20. thedancingprat Merlin's Housekeeper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.