Kingdom Hearts II Do you hate Kairi?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Misty, May 3, 2008.

?

Do you hate Kairi?

1. Yes, she's always bugged me.

15.5%
  2. No, she's just fine.

56.9%
  3. I don't really care. :l

27.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zandyne King's Apprentice

I didn't, I was referring to Nomura's main female characters (after a certain point they, the main female characters, all started having the same hairstyle too...). Don't forget Advent Children, if that wasn't Cloud emo-ing, I don't know what is.

Then again, I find many SE characters somewhat bland, Cloud is an exception because he's already messed up as it is, but the "other" main characters lack real excuses, also I believe Nomura hates father figures, but it could just be me.

2. Gritz Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah true. But I'm more into Naruto so I'm not really an expert here.

Cloud is screwed up. He was a damn experiment.

Anyway, back to Kairi. Anybody notice that Kairi seems to run like a stick?

3. Sahjin Destiny Islands Resident

*stabs Kairi doll*

I hate her and her ditzy laugh. I don't mind the Sora/Kairi pairing, but I hate Kairi's character. I'm usually picky about girl characters, though, idk why...writers always seem to fit them into steriotypes. Hell, I even hate MY female characters, it's hard to make good ones :/

...That won't stop me from throwing darts at the Kairi, Nino and Penelo posters, though.

4. Repliku Chaser

Kairi and Namine don't run. They prance like all good princesses should.

5. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

If I had a heart this would be the part where I'd die of laughter.

Kairi is a bad written character. Her dress only serves the purpose of Fan Service. Her personality is almost non existant.

6. Gritz Traverse Town Homebody

Bad fanservice. You know it's bad when I have to INVENT a personality for her. You know how hard that is? And knowing me, the personalities I have come up with for Sora and Kairi would NEVER make it in to KH. It is marketed towards kids, after all.

7. shattered-dreams Moogle Assistant

I don't exactly 'hate' her.
    She can get..annoying, but it's just like damsel in distress she's portrayed to be that bothers me.
    Girls get no credit :dead:

8. Singstar Traverse Town Homebody

I don't hate her. She is annoying being the girl in distress all the time.....

9. Zandyne King's Apprentice

Agreed, but then again I actually happen to LIKE some of the fan-author's depictions of her, as for some reason they seem to be able to mold her "character" better. :\

[Now for some SE criticism rant.]

And, REALLY, name a SE game that isn't marketed for the generic populous. The worst they do is kill one main character, or make one person betray you, but otherwise the main cast is efficient (as in if someone dies, it IS to save the world anyway, so no deaths in vain), and WANT TO SAVE THE WORLD with their compensating weapon. Also it is some sort of angelic-looking main villain too, who somehow can destroy the world with their awesome power or something, seriously, there are other ways to destroy the planet aside from sheer force.

[Now for the one thing SE has done -right-.]
    Namine and Riku, I enjoyed those two character's for what they were aiming for.

10. SuperStardustHD Banned

I don't really care at this point, I don't consider Kairi anything more then a tease...

11. Falling Star Gummi Ship Junkie

I don't hate her at all! She got on my nerves one time, trying to be the damsel in distress like Singstar said but other then that I think she's a great KH character.

12. Gritz Traverse Town Homebody

Dang straight. They are all boring, contrieved, stereotypes. Except for Riku and Axel

13. keneko Moogle Assistant

personally i really don't like Kairi.
    it's just somehting about her that makes me cringe. maybe the fact she really didn't do much during kh 1...
    i respect that some people like her but i can't stand her.
    but i like Namine..

14. iamano-lifer Merlin's Housekeeper

HAHAHAHA, omg, i laughed so hard when I read that.
    Because that sounded like me.
    Exactly.

No, but really.
    I also wanna kill her.
    AND IT'S NOT OOONLY BECAUSE I HAVE THE BIGGEST SORA-CRUSH ON EARTH, its because all she's doing is, standing there, on that stupid island, and.. STANDING THERE, and when she's FINALLY trying to do something, shes getting kidnapped. -.-
    So.
    I really hate kairi.
    end of story.

15. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

She stands there because she has no weapon,and no way to get anywhere,and no way to find out where Sora and Riku are.Cant blame her for that.

16. Fallout Gummi Ship Junkie

LOL. I have a love/hate relationship with Kairi's character.

17. iamano-lifer Merlin's Housekeeper

then maybe she could run out to the water and drown.
    No.
    But. Yeah.
    Maybe your right.
    Uh.

18. Zandyne King's Apprentice

She stands there because she has no weapon yet ALL THE SUE POWERS IN THE WORLD. And SHE thought she could find Sora with a note in a bottle, and you know what? SHE DID. And frankly that is one of the lamest things she could do.

19. Wishing Star Merlin's Housekeeper

I really like Kairi, actually.
    She loves her friends and cares for them alot, and will do even the "lamest" thing to try and find them, even if she knows it might not work.
    What else can she do? She's stuck on an island. No ship, no magic portals to other worlds, no nothing. All she can do is wait.
    But when she does get off the island she fights in Hollow Bastion which i thought was cool, how they gave her a keyblade and all :]
    I like strong willed characters with alot of feeling for their friends.

20. Zandyne King's Apprentice

You're right she was stuck on an island, then stuck in Twilight Town (and despite being chased by AXEL, did nothing to really try to prepare herself, IF HE HAPPENED TO TELEPORT THERE). And then she gets stuck in the Castle That Never Was... oh wait Pluto, then her other SELF happens to portal her whenever she needs to get somewhere. And she doesn't need a bloody ship, and no she had no bloody portal, but she is SOMEHOW A BLOODY PRINCESS OF LIGHT (which was supposedly quite great a game ago) WITH NO APPLICABLE POWERS UNLESS A CUTSCENE SAYS SO.

Also I restate, her BOTTLE LETTER managed to teleport, why couldn't she? Oh right, PLOT DEVICE!

And no, that fight was LAME in the fact that the ONE time she gets to really fight, she doesn't REALLY NEED TO.

And really, liking your friends is not a brownie points characteristic, that's just park of the package of being FRIENDS. (Why are people so impressed by that?!)

But hey, it's your opinion. 8]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.