Doctor Whooves Casting Thread

Discussion in 'Project Casting' started by SoulboundAlchemist, Jan 4, 2014.

1. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to check out this project. This will be an ongoing audio drama entitled Doctor Whooves.

Project Description: Doctor Who, the ultimate sci-fi TV series about a mad man in a blue box traveling through space and time. Now in the form of a pony, The Doctor must solve the mystery of dimensional rifts appearing throughout Equestria.

Project Deadline: June 30th (subject to change, depending on how my schooling schedule gets)

Recording Information: Detailed below is how I want you to (a) record your audition, (b) save/name your audition, and (c) send me your audition
    Recording format: I want you to record it as a simple MP3 file, make sure your recording is high-quality, so that I can actually understand what you're saying.
    Saving/naming Lines: I want you to save the MP3 in this format: "charactername_yourname_linenumber.mp3" (ex: TheDoctor_darkhorseD_01.mp3).
    Sending Lines: I want you to send me your auditions in one of two ways; 1) Upload it to SoundCloud, Box, DropBox, Google Drive, etc. and PM the link to me, or 2) Place the MP3 into a zip file and email it to me.

Contact Information: For those of you who want additional info, or decided to email the lines to me, my email is dtmk4life@gmail.com

Characters: There are currently 11 characters available; 3 male roles, and 8 female roles. Characters in bold will be main characters, and will be expected to return for later episodes.

Male roles:

Spike: Assistant to Twilight Sparkle, he is a small purple and green dragon, who, although he jumps to conclusions a lot, is quite level headed and realistic for being a baby dragon
    Age: 8, maybe 7 years old (the popular theory is that Twilight, who is currently 18 years old, hatched Spike's egg (as shown in episode 23 of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic season 1) when she was 10)
    Voice Type: Child-like, but a bit lower than your average child's voice
    line 1: You got this note this morning, but you were in such a hurry this morning that I didn’t get a chance to give it to you.
    line 2: We tried everything both magical and physical, but it just won’t open! I assume there’s an extremely powerful curse on it!

Oak Ridge: A simple milk merchant, Oak Ridge is a gruff pony on his way to Ponyville, when he encounters something odd
    Voice Type: Gruff voice, deep and gravely
    line 1: Ugh, stupid road! Those Ponyville folks really need to improve their roads into and out of town.
    line 2: The only doctors I know are Ginger Coat and my own just a few miles back. She’s named Amber Cross.

Cloud Kicker: A weather pony who works alongside Rainbow Dash.
    Voice Type: Deep voice, if you've played either The World Ends With You, or Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, try to imitate Beat's voice.
    line 1: I’d better get going as well, the clouds aren’t going to move themselves after all.

Female roles:

Princess Celestia: The ruler of all Equestria, she raises and lowers the sun, ruling alongside her sister, Luna
    Voice Type: A regal, though motherly voice.
    line 1: [tone of sorrow] I……I’m sorry, Luna. If only things had went differently…
    line 2: Strange, I think I’ve seen you somewhere before… yet you haven’t seemed to age at all…

Princess Luna: Co-ruler of all Equestria, she raises and lowers the moon, ruling alongside her sister, Celestia
    Voice Type: Quite a bit deeper than Celestia's voice, but still quite obviously feminine and regal.
    line 1: Good evening, Twilight Sparkle. My, my, you’ve certainly got an… interesting way of organizing your belongings.
    line 2: Come now, are you saying you haven’t written a note that was clearly written by you? That statement alone is an obvious contradiction.

Mrs. Cake: Co-owner of Sugarcube Corner (a bakery and sweetshop in Ponyville) alongside her husband Mr. Cake
    Voice Type: Sweet voice, but not too sweet, we don't want her to come off as creepy
    line 1: There you are, 15 blueberry muffins. Will that be all?
    line 2: Who is that? He sure is a strange character.

Mayor Mare: Mayor of Ponyville, what more do you need to know?
    Voice Type: Female polaticion. Easy to remember
    line 1: Be careful up there! We don’t need another hole in the roof!
    line 2: Well done, let’s hope an accident like this doesn’t happen again for a while!

Derpy Hooves: A grey, wall-eyed, pegasus mail-mare. She delivers the mail, and harbours a dangerous secret.
    Voice Type: She has a high but sweet voice.
    line 1: I’m fine. Might need a muffin later.
    line 2: I don’t know, he’s new in town. He likes muffins too.

Pinkie Pie: One of the most hyper mares you'll ever meet! She insists on throwing a party for every new pony in Ponyville, and is one of the most random ponies you'll ever meet.
    Voice Type: High and bubbly.
    line 1: OO, OO, maybe it’s a party! But why wouldn’t they invite me?

Rainbow Dash: Future Wonderbolt, currently a weather mare, Rainbow Dash may have one of the biggest egos in Ponyville, but she never leaves her friends hanging. (Ego will not be obvious in the first episode)
    Voice Type: Tomboy voice, what more can be said?
    line 1: There! Whoo, that was a lot more work than I thought it would be.
    line 2: Listen, have you seen Twilight anywhere? I want to ask her if the library’s gotten the latest Daring Do book yet.

Matilda: A mysterious mare who has ties to the Doctor's future. (Think River Song from Doctor Who from season 4 onwards, but as a pony)
    Voice Type: A lower voice, a little sexy, but miniscule at best.
    line 1: Don’t worry about dear Twilight or the Doctor. You’ll see them again soon. In fact, I only just got back from seeing them.
    line 2: A friend. And that's all you need to know for now. Have a nice day Derpy Hooves and be patient! Your time for adventure is coming soon.

2. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Giving this thread a bump since I'm approaching the original deadline I wanted to meet.