Site News Donations Now Available

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Sanya, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

[​IMG]

Hey everyone, just a quick update to let you know we are starting to take donations in order to add more features and improve the quality of our site.

How can I donate?

There's a donate button under our affiliates block on the homepage. It works the same way you see a PayPal donation button elsewhere.

How much can I donate?

As little or as much as you want. Just put how much you'd like to donate in the appropriate field.

Do I have to donate?

Of course not.

What will my donations go towards?

Any amount donated will be solely for the purpose of improving our site. With Xenforo, there are a lot of good mods available but unfortunately cost a bit of money to use. Our media content recorders are also trying to invest in improved recording equipment and definitely need a push to get them the tools they need to contribute more media. Donations will not be used for anything unrelated to helping KHV.

Thanks in advance,

-KHV Staff

2. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    Can you post up like a goal list?

Y'know at $50 we can get this etc.

3. Chevalier Crystal Princess

That would be nice. But at the moment we don't have a specific list of things or anything to report aside from a capture device for the newest iterations of KH (Other mods can pitch in here if there's something I'm missing)

unfortunately, the price for that is fairly high (over the hundreds) so we have to open up donations so that staff don't have to be forking over money whenever an emergency arises or if we need something.

Overall, depending on the donations we may even expand on to bigger things like being able to give out physical prices in contests.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

That's giving me more incentive than when I just thought I should donate at the first post. Although maybe not contests, you could probably just give those that donated something, like a prop or whatever, but if you wanted to make like a "the guy/girl who donated the most in (insert amount of time here) gets (insert prize name here)"

5. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Also when/if we get pins back, there should be a pin for donating or something as if it's visible it will encourage more people too~

6. Noise For Love and Justice

if I give $100 could I be a super mod?

K thanks.

7. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

I hope this doesn't urn into a "be a donator, get perks" thing.

8. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

That's the last thing we need.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind donating some money, if I knew what exactly it was going towards.

9. Plums Wakanda Forever

No worries, there aren't gonna be perks for donating.

The prizes thing Chev mentioned earlier would be more related to events on the site for everyone (e.g. Win Wonderland and you get a Kairi figma)

The money is mainly going towards the buying of mods for the site and better recording content for the Media Reporters, as RvR said in the last bit of the OP.

10. Misty gimme kiss

Well I wouldn't say that, I wouldn't mind putting up a pin or something for donators but I highly doubt we'll create like... a "donator" usergroup.

11. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

Ok, just what i wanted to hear, in the future, yes, i will donate, but you guys should totally add a goal list.

12. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Give me a Lightning Farron figma (This one please) and I shall donate part of my paycheck once I get a job.

I'm srs, I actually will. Anything for my dear Claire<3

13. Misty gimme kiss

I really doubt we'll be giving out $50 prizes, especially ones not directly related to Kingdom Hearts... should probably buy that one for yourself. Though it is a lovely figure.

14. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I know. Either way, I'll happily donate. Just because I love KHV.

15. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I'm glad to say we already have donator(s) to the funds and we are currently assigning where the money should best be spent.

I'd like to say any amount is hugely appreciated and that even a spare couple of dollars really helps us achieve goals and be the best site we can be.

16. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

If I had a few spare funds, I'd certainly not give them on a website that is already making loads of money.

17. R0xAzz12342 Merlin's Housekeeper

I live in the UK so can I still donate??? And do I NEED paypal???

18. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Yes~

And yes you need PayPal, but it's free to make an account and send money.

19. R0xAzz12342 Merlin's Housekeeper

Yay thats so good to know. Now ill be making a paypal account :3

20. Llave Superless Moderator

First one to donate $1000 becomes Admin + 2000 extra posts added to your count and 400 likes.

I am considering this. If we have more "solid" goals, as in a specific mod, that would be nice.

Normally I wouldn't mind, but given we are jumping into actual money, I feel there may be a more of a say in that regard. Great idea though!