Completed: Don't Stop Believing! [KHV Chorus] -Complete-

Discussion in 'KHV Chorus' started by Jayn, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Depends on the song... But I'll think about it.

I just hate it when there is an obvious difference between one recording and the next. Honestly makes me cringe at points. Everything has to be consistent...

Ah, well. Good job everyone, I liked this one, especially Andrew's part.

2. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

Can't stop singin'
    Hold on to that powernote!
    Stared at by people!

*shot*

This is amazing, I don't get how we almost every time sound better and better. And PaW, we'll make a countertenor out of you!
    I do think I'm gonna have to turn my mic down a little, my voice got a little overbearing at some points >.<

@Makaze, the mic thing is bit of a subjective matter, I personally find the different qualities to be rather endearing and a testament of people working it no matter what they've got. And buying new equipment is simply out of question for some people, in my case I'm putting all of my money into tuition and I'm using a mic that came with my cousins Disney Sing-a-long game xDx

3. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Agree with Ryan.
    Oh yea, my case was a error of settings and my mic wasn't good. But I was able to get a better mic and get the right settings. But yeah, I was saving money to buy a mic. There is many people that don't buy the mic because of lack of money.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I really don't think you should complain about mic quality Makaze. Not everyone has a great mic, and of course you'll end up with someone who has static. Besides, it's not hard to get past static and enjoy the video. And also, people have other things they want to buy instead of a new mic, so don't complain. It really takes the fun out of stuff when you just post things like that. I know I don't have the greatest mic, but I don't care. I'm just glad I can take part in the chorus. Even Jayn says herself that mic quality doesn't matter, just have fun with it.

5. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

You know what takes even more fun out of it? Posting the same thing three people have said instead of continuing the thread. I have already admitted that it is subjective. I suggested that people get better mics... I count that as better than complaining.

Complaining about my complaint will surely fix things.

6. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Guys, the quality of the microphones will only change if people buy something better/newer. This Chorus, as is specified in every new song thread that the quality of the microphone is of no concern. This is about fun, participation and working as a community to get something we enjoy out there for others to enjoy. Quality is second or even third on the list, Communit and Fun foremost.

This isn't the place to discuss it, since it's already a dealt wih issue. You want to complain at each other, you've got other means of soon it than on this thread.

Anyway, I love everyone's comments about my participation, thank you! XD
    You should've heard me record it, I was havig so much fun, by myself with clothes on. Can't say that enough.

7. Jayn

Ahaha.

@Thread;

I had fun with this one. c: I have some more video editing things I want to try out...I love the period of time where deadlines don't matter as much, because I tend to put more thought into the videos and don't feel as stressed. The holidays were burning me out, so it's nice to be on a little break again.

Thank you for the feedback.

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

"truthfulness is the foundation of all human virtues"
    Why not say what other people have said if that's how you feel? Just means that more than one person thinks that as well. And like we said, getting a better mic might not be an option. So deal with it or don't even bother posting about it

9. Jayn

Please stop, guys. |: Makaze is entitled to his opinion about microphone quality and those who have low-quality microphones already know it doesn't matter. If you want to buy a new microphone, that's up to you. If not, don't worry about it.

Just stop.

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Sorry guys, I did go over the line. It is Makaze's opinion, and it got to me again. (Just keeping that quote in because he was being truthful about how he feels)

You know, I forgot to mention, that was a great thing you did with the map Jayn. How did you do that? What software did you use?

11. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Yes, was an very creative idea. You use Vegas for the videos, Jayn?

Oh yea, I forgot to say.
    PaW did a great solo! I really liked it. =]

And Esther's solo was like. WOW. I always hear her singing in Skype or in the school, but that one was wonderful!

12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

wait, you and Esther go to the same school?

And I thought it was vegas, but don't you use something else for these videos as well Jayn? Now I can't stop thinking about it, because it's a really cool thing.

13. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Yes, we are friends. She is from the same school of mine. Or was, I'm going to cry, she moved of school this year. I miss her SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCHHHH. (note that my classes didn't start yet) ;-;

In a conversation in MSN, I told her about the chorus and she said she wanted to make part.

And I remember once Jayn said that the video is *__Something__* in Vegas (I can't remember the something).
    I can't stop about it either.

14. Jayn

@Kisala; Thank you. x3
    Excasr is right.~ Yes, I use Sony Vegas Pro 10.0 for the videos...As for how I did it I found the map and just zoomed in and used keyframes and markers to time when I'd zoom in and where, etc. It wasn't difficult, just tedious. Then as usually, I used the images I photo shopped to place them, etc.

A lot of you had fun with this. It was awesome to piece all of it together.

15. Mish smiley day!

I always appreciate it when you go the extra mile with the videos, Jayn. P: My favourite so far is the Simple and Clean one.

16. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

I love Jayns posts. Make me laugh.

Yes, one of my favorite is Simple and Clean. Always was my favorite until this one. Now I can't decide which of them I prefer. So I say both are my favorite! =]

Wish I had participate in Simple and Clean. >_>

17. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

Wow..that was amazing guys, you're all great! This was by far the best one yet(and you guys sung Be Prepared, so that's a big deal. xD).
    Splendid editing job Jayn, just watching the video was enjoyable.

18. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I'm afraid the quality some would aim for doesn't work in a project like this---well, you know why. Different microphone qualities. It's quality or quantity. And I believe Jayn chose quantity---regardless of how much work that may mean for her.

Regarding the mic quality, I suggest you all stop criticizing it or getting in discussions over it. For starters, none of you will ever get studio quality because not everyone wants to/can't get better microphones. And that's okay, this Chorus is for fun. No one needs to have a studio in their room or sing like Andrea Bocelli (though that would be magnificent lol)

Secondly, every time a part comes around where everyone sings, the audio levels will peak and distortion will happen. There's little you can do to remedy this. But if you notice, Jayn has been getting better at handling said issues. But in the end, if the microphone peaks in the recording, there's nothing she can do but try and minimize it.

Just thought I'd explain a little about peaks and distortions. I'm guessing this will end the need to single someone out due to microphone quality on a thread, because they probably already know/ it doesn't matter.

19. Krowley Moderator

Favorite part:
    { ♥ } Their shadows searching in the night, [Jayn, Cookiie]
    Just like the way it sounded.

Really bummed I missed this one, but there's always next time I suppose.
    And despite criticism, I thought it went along great. It's not like people can get together and make the chorus sound perfect, when people just send you lines, you work with what's given. I believe you've done a splendid job with what you were given Jayn. Well done.