Site News Downtime & New Server

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Karuta, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Karuta Reborn

Hello everyone,

First, we'd like to apologise for the short notice regarding the downtime and the longer than expected transfer period. We ran into some complications during the move that made the process take a bit longer than we anticipated.

With that out of the way though, I am pleased to announce that the move to our new server was successful and that you should start noticing a number of improvements on the site from here on out.

Some of these will include:

- Receiving all notification emails from the site, without having to look through your spam folder.
    - Being able to access the site from more connections, such as mobile data and work or school connections.
    - Faster site navigation.
    - Faster search functionality.

This server is also more affordable than our previous setup, so there will be more room to pay for other site improvements such as addons. Hopefully the effects of this will be visible in the near future.

Again, our apologies for any inconveniences caused by the site downtime, and we hope you all enjoy the new and improved KHV experience!

- The KH-Vids staff

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Karuta, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Amaury
      Amaury
      Will they also be sent out and received immediately instead of randomly for those lucky enough to get some emails on the old server? Sometimes, you would get lucky and get them instantly; however, that was pretty rare. Like, I can understand a thread reply notification email sometimes being received a minute or so after it was actually posted, but I was getting some emails for reply notifications a day or two after those replies were actually made. On "good days," I would get them within the same day, but hours after those replies were made.
    2. Karuta
      Karuta
      Yes, it should be the case that all notification emails are received instantly or at least with only a very short delay. If that's not the case, let me know and I'll look in to it.
    3. Amaury
      Amaury
      :)

Email 1.png Email 2.PNG