Drugs

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Johnny Bravo, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Johnny Bravo Chaser

What is your take on drugs (smoking, injecting, inhaling, injesting, snorting)? I personally hate drugs, I dont do them and never will. However I dont really have a problem if my friends do it, of course I advise them not too but if they are going to that is their decision and not mine to make for them. Just as long as they arent puffing smoke into my face.

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Agreed. Although I've never been in a situation where friends of mine do it, so I'm not really sure what to do if that happens.

3. The Fuk? Dead

I used to be a heavy drug user, and I have no problem with people using them, as long as it doesn't become destructive to others. Unfortunately most people, including me, don't know how to pace themselves.

4. jafar custom title

Define drugs? Because honestly, it depends. Alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, LSD, shrooms, mescaline, cocaine, heroin, meth, speed; they're all different.
    If we're being general, it is the individual's right to use whatever drugs they wish. It is their body and how they treat it is their responsibility.
    If we're being specific, it's a shame to see people do the harder drugs and hurt their body, like with meth and heroin. But it is their personal right to use those drugs.

5. Johnny Bravo Chaser

I was using drugs as a referance to all kinds of drugs (minus medical drugs of course) just in case people have a different view on some drugs rather than others (an example would be against heroin but for meth or something)

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

I disagree with drugs completely.

I think that the only drugs that should be legal are prescription drugs to help with pain if you get inured or something.

7. jafar custom title

Well, plenty of people abuse medical drugs, also.

Why? Shouldn't a person have the right to use their body the way they want to?

Don't tell them not to do drugs or advise them against it, you'll come off as pretentious and rude. Just tell them you're not into it. If you don't want to hang around them when they do it, don't. If they offer, say no. If they try to force you to do drugs, they aren't your friends and leave them.

8. Johnny Bravo Chaser

This is true, but its not as common due to lack of availability and how to get it (it can be easy to acquire if you know the right people I suppose)

9. jafar custom title

Actually, it's more common and more widely available than "illicit" drugs because they are legal.

10. The Twin My, what a strange duet

I don't use, never will, but I know people who do, and I know at least one who talks about experimenting with stuff (also wants to be a pharmacologist. Go figure). They talk to be about it, I act interested, but they know I won't try anything and (thus far) have never pressured me into trying anything.

11. Styx That's me inside your head.

They're not my thing but I'm not against them per se. In fact, I think supporters for the legalization of all drugs raise a good point, which is that the government should have no say in how we treat our own health.

12. Shadox D. Twilight Town Denizen

My girlfriend used to smoke a lot of drugs. But after a long time of 'they're bad for you' got her off of them :) Both of us are glad she did because I hate drugs and she said that she felt better and could focus on things. I think that they just waste people away.

13. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Appeal to law without forethought or remorse.

Keep interactions voluntary. That should be the goal of any person who wishes to keep their own interactions voluntary. Drug wars take voluntary interactions and inject involuntary interactions and violence. They create harm that would not exist otherwise.

Pharmaceutical companies lobby to get drugs banned in order to suppress marijuana in particular because it poses a huge threat to their pockets. Not to mention many other industries. Tobacco and alcohol are the more obvious ones that have a history of lobbying for bans and regulation on other substances. Oil companies would be in trouble because you can use hemp oil for hundreds of things, and hemp cloth is extremely durable and would put a lot of textile corporations in a bind.

But mostly pharmaceuticals. Oh, and private prisons...

Who profits from the drug war? Who is hurt?

For the record, prescription drugs are synthetic and almost always more dangerous than illicit alternatives.