DuckTales reboot coming in 2017

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Meilin Lee, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

[​IMG]
    Disney has confirmed that a new version of the classic animated show, DuckTales, will arrive on Disney XD in 2017.

As a huge fan of the original show that was a big part of my childhood, I'm really excited for Scrooge McDuck's return to television, but I am a bit sad that 95-year-old Alan Young's days of voicing him could end soon...

Source

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  2. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Impossible. His name is Alan Young. Hello. He is obviously going to live forever. Just like Wayne Allwine, who still voices Mickey Mouse to this day. ... sniffle

Okay, so neither are immortal, but at least Jim Cummings is... right... RIGHT?!

This is wonderful news. I sort of hope they go with more of a traditional animation style, or a 3D one that keeps some sense of the characters. The 7D... Iunno, I like the style, I get that it's a different approach, but I just don't feel that would be appropriate for this show. After all, it's based off a very specific artistic sense that pre-dated the TV show. It can be built upon, rather than re-invented.

Ducktales! Woo-Ooo!

So, a return of Launchpad? Perhaps we'll get a cameo that screens in the night...

[​IMG]

3. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Well, the artwork I posted was included with the press release, so from the looks of it, I guess they are aiming for 2D. Besides, I don't believe any of Disney's current animated shows (apart from Star Wars: Rebels) are 3D, so I doubt they'll do it with DuckTales.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Disney XD better do its darndest to not screw this up. If they do, my childhood is hunting them down and torturing them

5. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

I guess they'd better not duck this up, huh?

Truth be told, though, try not to go for the "Ruined Childhood" approach. It's ruining the entertainment industry.

"They want us to try new things with the old things, and want us to do new things with new things... they also want to keep the old things exactly as they are. So what do we do?" the studio head said.

"Oh, simple, we just leave those things be, and-" the adviser said

"WE WANT YOU TO BRING BACK THE OLD THINGS! THEY WERE AWESOME WHEN I VIEWED THE WORLD AS A CHILD, AND EVERYTHING NEW IS BAD!" the 18-47 demographic said.

"Okay, well, we can do that, but if we just showed the old things over and over again, things will get stale. Let's try something new with it."

*One Production later*

"WE ARE INSULTED! THIS IS WORSE THAN THAT ONE TIME GEORGE LUCAS ADDED A FOOLISH CHARACTER TO A MOVIE, WHICH WE MAKE FUN OF! WE ARE CORRECT, ALSO, ON THIS BY MEANS OF HIVE MIND! WE LOVE ENTERTAINMENT WITHOUT ANY UNDERSTANDING OF ITS STORY-TELLING ROOTS! PLEASE US, THOUGH IT BE IMPOSSIBLE! WE SHALL DECRY YOU ON INTERNET BOARDS AS THE WORST PEOPLE, LIKE, EVER! DO YOU WANT TO BE THE NEXT (Insert name of pretty much any modern Comedian from Jack Black to Adam Sandler here)?! MY CHILDHOOD IS RUINED! RUUUUUUUUUUU-IIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNDDDDD###########

K̻̙͎̦͚̣̐͑̏͊ͣ̑̓͗͢ͅÏ̴̺͇͎͙̈́͋͑͛ͅL͑͋̿͗ͤ͌̀҉̭̱͉L͙̱̊͗͐ͯ̓̓ ̵̨̫͓̤ͮ̏̍͊͌͆̿Ṫ͙̬̻̼̟̰͎̬̿͞H̡̲̝̭͐̔̑͞ͅÊ͕̺̙̦͐ͥͮ̆̔̉̿͛M̶̱̬̭͕̺̘̜̠̓͂ͦ̌̈́̚ͅ,̢̗͉̯̼̮̰̬̩̮͐͒̇ ̴̡͍̰̼͈̫̼̖̅̃̓ͫ͊ͩK̭͂ͮI̩͇ͭ̏ͤ͊̌͝͞L͇̂̓̈́́L̛̝̜͇͓̈́ ͐̐͏͙̗̳͖̦T̢̗͓͖̖̠̙̲̹̻ͧ̃̊͗̑̂ͨ̾͠͡H̴̖̰͇̩̒ͬ͋͆̏͒͆̇͜ͅE̺̼͛͗ͣ̿̈͠͝Mͩͦͮ͂͑́҉̷̼̻̬̠̮̤͍͠ ̸̢̨̩̣̩̙ͧ́̔ͩͭ͋ͤ͋̑Å̳͍̺̜͎̂ͨ͊̍ͧ͐̽͢͝L̥͓͇̏ͪͪ̽̚͢͜L̟̳̥͑̿͟L͍̦ͥ̏L̰ͨ̆ͨ̅̿͗́L̮̹̠̹͋͂̔͑̓͌̇̀L̞̥͆ͮ͛͐̅ͨ̃̀̐̕!̷̖͕͎̃ͪͫ̓̊͗̑ͣ͛͘ͅ"

"Riiiiiiight. So, who's afraid to try anything at all?"

The entirety of the Entertainment Industry raised their hands collectively.

Meanwhile,

"Why is everybody so upset?" said the 6-18 and Child-At-Heart Demographics.

Some ideas are good. Some are pretty cringe-worthy. An Indiana Jones reboot sounds scary enough, but with Chris Pratt, that sounds like an educated move to me. Rebooting Duck Tales sounds awesome. They can use new things, but it seems the aim is to create something for everyone.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
    ~Walt Elias Disney

Simply put: Expecting something to disappoint you is going to likely wind up disappointing you. This isn't at you, Iksander. Just a general notion.

For more information on how goofy "They ruined my childhood" can sound, I suggest this video! Some Brief Language and Suggestive Themes.

6. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Pretty much this. The whole 'Ruined Childhood' complaint has gotten so stale that I ALMOST would punch someone right in front of me if they said it. Yes, I'm pretty sure everyone had a childhood that was awesome. I know I did. But if something new based on something I liked as a kid bothers me, I could easily just ignore it and focus on my energy on something better than pointlessly venting my anger.

DuckTales is an amazing show, and I think rebooting it would be a great way to introduce it to today's kids. As long as it retains the spirit of the original while trying out new things, I'm sure it'll turn out great.

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Psh, heck if I care if they change stuff, I was watching the show when I was 6 or 7-years old, I don't care if they change anything. The only thing they could really change to completely screw it over is keep the triplets away from Scrooge and the fun adventures they have. That's all I really remember DT to be about.

8. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

The voice cast has been announced, with the important announcement of who will be taking over the late Alan Young as the voice of Scrooge McDuck. And the lucky actor is... David Tennant (yes, THAT David Tennant).

9. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Okay so I wasn't particularly invested in this one way or the other before but uh.

I might just watch this now out of curiosity.

And this also begs the question; Does that mean David Tennant will be taking over as Scrooge McDuck for the Kingdom Hearts series as well, should the character show up again?

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Unless I'm mistaken, this news means that Tennant is now the official voice of Scrooge McDuck for all future Disney stuff that involve the character, including Kingdom Hearts. So, yeah...

11. Krowley Moderator

I like that the nephews will now have more unique voices instead of sounding like they're more or less the same VA. They did this in quack pack too, but I think I like the voices they've chosen here (Trying not to fanboy too hard at Dani Pudi)

David Tennant actually does seem like a good fit for Scrooge because of his background. He's done great voice work from what I've seen so I look forward to his interpretation. I will always miss Alan Young and hope they pay homage to him in the series.

12. Iskandar King of Conquerors

David Tennant as Scrooge? I honestly am not able to imagine any voice he can create with that duck, so I'm going to be waiting with anticipation on hearing those lines in the first episode.

13. Krowley Moderator

New trailer;

14. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

I'm legit hype for this.