Duolingo Language Learning Battle Royale!

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Calxiyn, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Ghost King's Apprentice

Does the screen we cap have to be from the website version because.some languages are only on mobile

2. Kaisa Moogle Assistant

I'm in, and I'm doing German still. This is what I have so far:

Attached Files:

3. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Uhhhh when you choose a mobile only language go on Duolingo and see if when you sign in it still shows you your weekly exp for that language. After you've done that and found the answer come back to me and I'll think about what we can do XD

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Was just informed that this exists and since I'm taking Japanese 101 this year, I might as well try to get a head start with this.

5. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Duolingo just taught me to say a spoon of sugar and now all I can think about is Mary Poppins XD

6. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Just a reminder that it seems like the week ends on Sunday at 0:00 UTC, which is 8:00 PM Friday, Eastern Time (ET).
    This means if you do not give in your numbers by then they'll go away which would be super sad!

7. Agent Aussie Moogle Assistant

Hey all, first time using this..... I'll be learning French, and I'll be on a mobile.

8. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Cool, but even if you're doing it on Mobile remember that to see your EXP total for the week, tomorrow you'll have to get on a computer and look at your account. It brings your mobile data over on the website so it's pretty easy.

9. Agent Aussie Moogle Assistant

It's unfortunate that there's no way of checking on mobile. Are we sure there's no way of checking on the app?

10. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Actually, and this goes for everyone, if you friend me I'm able to see what EXP you're at on the leaderboard. My username is Calxiyn. If you don't want to friend me you just take a pic of it like I said in the opening post, but if you're on mobile and would like to make your life easier you can just friend me and I'll total it for you. I just looked and I can see Midnight's and Marushi's weekly total

11. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Have any of you tried the timed mode? It's only available on a computer and you have to buy it from the shop for 10 lingots but it's really really hard. Basically you start with I think like 30 seconds and you get time added on whenever you answer a question correctly, the aim being to get as many right as you can before the time runs out. It's really hard.

12. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I got all the answers right in almost exactly 2 minutes according to the stopwatch on my phone

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  13. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

A lot of people seem to have complained about the timed mode cause it's super hard XD I'm glad you tried it tho

I'll be checking the leaderboard at around 7-7:30. If you're friends with me I'll screenshot your scores, if you're not you need to post them here.

14. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Hey everyone, here's the current leaderboard (which may be the finalized one)
    Duolingo week 1.PNG duolingo week 1 2.PNG

@Strawberryqueen2002 @Huginn I don't know which one of you is Kevin, or if either of you are Kevin. But let's say neither of you are Kevin, please friend me if you can't remember to send in your scores (if you want. Also I'm just assuming neither of you will send them cause it's nearing 8:00 lol)

Anyway I'll post a more like, inspirational message later since we don't know if these are the actual winners of week one yet :p

EDIT: Apparently Huginn is Kevin so we're just waiting on Strawberry.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  15. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Duolingo has reset the ranks! Remember to add me as a friend if you don't wanna send in your stuff.

Now on for some actual inspirational stuff - all of you guys did amazing this week! Seriously, I thought I was working a lot but a lot of you have almost twice my EXP! Let's make sure to keep it up as we continue. And make sure to tell me everything you've learned!

I've done Basics, Basics 2, Phrases, Food, Flirting, Plurals, Animals, Food 2, Possession, Clothing, Colours and Questions! I'm in between Idioms and Present 1 rn. What kind of categories do y'all have? Are they any different?

16. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I've done Basics, Basics 2, Phrases, Food, Plurals, Animals, Food 2, Possesion, and Tu/VocĂȘ (which are both different forms of 'you.')

I'm taking things slowly and practicing each thing over and over again until I'm really getting it, before I move on to the next thing XD

I'm having a bit of trouble with 'Tu/VocĂȘ' because it's hard to remember when to use what XD

17. C This silence is mine

I've done Basics, Basics 2, Phrases, Food, Animals, Definites, Object Pronouns, Plurals, Definite Plurals, Verbs: Present, Counting, Location, Possessive, Clothing, That/Those, Direction, Prepositions, Adjectives, Colors, Qualities, Family, Time, Dates, Work, Verb: Infinitive, Questions, Verb: Present 2, Jobs, Conjunctions, Adverbs, Places, Objects, Compounds, Bedroom, Hygiene, Adverbs 2, People, The Office, Verb: Present 3, Determiners, Verb: Endings and I'm now about to start Numbers.

18. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

So last night I suddenly realized at like 11:50 PM that I hadn't done any Duolingo yet so I hurried through a few practice rounds to just barely meet my goal for the daily streak. XD And tonight I'm planning on going to a game night after work so I'll probs end up doing the same. XD I only have one day off this week, and I have to clean my house that day, so... I probs won't be that high on the leaderboard this week. XD

Also, Chris, you just started whatever language you're learning, right? You're like some kind of genius about languages XD

19. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Okay so I have a question, are you guys just doing new skills as soon as they become available or going back and practising ones you have already done? Personally I progress at a really slow rate as I tend to do the practice so I'm sure of everything that I have already done before moving on.

20. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

On mobile you have hearts, and when you lose the hearts by answering wrong you have to practice to get hearts back so basically every time I start a new course within a subject I would say for every two little courses I need to go back and practice 5 different subjects. Make sense?