Support Solved Email on Laptop

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Is it possible to connect to my Charter email via my laptop if I use the same login credentials or not because the Internet connection has to be coming from our modem and router at home? (It does when I'm at home on my laptop, but not at college.)

2. Misty gimme kiss

You shouldn't have to be within your home network to access your email.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Awesome. It just matters that I use my Charter login credentials. I thought that email clients were tied to your ISP or something.[DOUBLEPOST=1429209622][/DOUBLEPOST]@Misty, so I downloaded Windows Live Mail last night and got it to work when the signal was coming from our Belkin router, but I'm unable to receive/send emails at college.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  4. Misty gimme kiss

It's possible that your school WiFi blocks ports to prevent misuse. I can't see why they would block email ports but my high school also locked down everything but port 80 for a while so go figure. You'll just have to use your email provider's web interface.

Most colleges have a tech support center you can visit; they'll know the setup of the network better than us. If it's working at home and not at school, though, it's mostly definitely an issue with the school's network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.