Help Email Problem

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Ghost, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Ghost King's Apprentice

I haven't been getting emails from the site for things like two step verification and I was wondering if this was a thing that happened a lot or if there was a way to fix it.

2. Explode Who?!

This recently happened to me too. We'll get an admin or two to look into it soon, sit tight :P

3. libregkd -

Just posting to say we are still looking into the issue. I apologize for it taking longer than expected and thank you for being patient.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

@libregkd, emails appear to be working again, but I'll keep an eye on it. I got email notifications for my username thread in The Spam Zone and a test conversation Marushi sent me, but I didn't get an email for the quick question thread in The Spam Zone even though I'm also watching it.

To avoid duplication of effort, also, this could be locked if you feel it's appropriate. Technically speaking, "that" issue was already fixed and "this" is technically a "different" issue even though it's the same thing: http://kh-vids.net/threads/not-receiving-email-notifications.154559/

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Okay, yeah. I spoke too soon. They appear to not be working again, but I'm sure it's still being looked into! :)

6. libregkd -

I am really, really sorry for the long wait on this. There was trouble getting contact with KH-Vids' host which is why there was a delay in getting this issue resolved. But I am glad to say that you should be receiving emails from KH-Vids again! There are some email services that are marking emails from KH-Vids as spam, so please be sure to look in your spam folder if you aren't seeing anything in your inbox.

Again, I'm terribly sorry that this issue took so long to resolve and I apologize for any inconvenience that it may have caused anyone.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

@libregkd, so... emails aren't working again.

Is anyone else having issues again as well? (@Ghost, @Explode?)

Edit: Unfortunately, I've cleaned out my emails, so I can't give you an exact date and time of the last email I got, but it was working last week (Oct. 2–8).

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  8. Explode Who?!

Yeah, I haven't been getting emails recently either. Haven't noticed for how long, but I think at least a week.

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

So I did get an email for Makaze's reply to my suggestion regarding adding support for Latin characters and symbols, but that's it. I didn't get an email for your reply here, for example.

10. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

I haven't been getting emails either for a long time.

11. libregkd -

We're aware of the issue and are, once again, talking to our current host about resolving it. The problem stems from the fact our site is currently blacklisted on most popular email providers. So emails are being 'sent' just fine but they are not being delivered properly because services like gmail, yahoo, aol, etc. are refusing to accept mail from us. It's something only our host can resolve for the time being so I would ask for some patience in getting it resolved.

Again, I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

12. Amaury Legendary Hero

It's appreciated.

I wonder, though, why would KHV be blacklisted? It's not like it's sending out spam emails. Also, I wonder if that's why I still get the odd email here and there while this is going on. Like, the services decided X email wasn't spam.

Edit: LOL, I got a delayed email for your reply here.

Edit: Actually, it was for Explode's reply.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  13. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Hey I actually got an email. So I think it may be working

14. Amaury Legendary Hero

Was it received at the same time the reply was posted, or at least no more than a minute after?