KH-Vids Podcast Episode #104: A Challenger Appears! YouTube Gaming

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]
    It's Tuesday (in some parts of the world...) and that means it's time for a new episode of the KH-Vids Podcast!

This week @Misty, @libregkd, and @Calxiyn cover the launch of YouTube Gaming, Google's new competitor to the popular and unchallenged Twitch. We mention the basics of the service, discuss the advantages of YouTube Gaming over Twitch, critique its user interface, and address whether streamers and viewers will make the jump from one service to the other.

Afterwards we launch, as always, into user-submitted questions! @. : tale : . asks what games we haven't been able to get into, @Graxe has us react to Mister Monkey, and Table Topics leave us to speculate, once again, our ebbing mortality (okay, maybe just Misty).

It's a fun-filled episode of the KH-Vids Podcast for children across the globe!

Please support and participate in the KH-Vids Podcast by leaving us a comment, answering our user-submitted questions, submitting to be a guest, or sending in questions of your own!

95cover.png

Download Episode #104 (MP3)
    Subscribe to us on iTunes or through our RSS feed

Interested in being a member guest on the podcast? Fill out our form here and we'll be in touch. Ask us a question by visiting this page or sending an email to podcast@kh-vids.net!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Amaury
      Amaury
      Right. And in your part of the world, you posted this on Wednesday (12:49 AM). :D

Also, yay! Take that, @libregkd! Misty wins!
    2. Misty
      Misty
      We were never competing for anything.
    3. Amaury
      Amaury
      LOL, I know! :D
    4. Heart ❤
      Heart ❤
      Misty, the love of dark themes comes from the darkness in our hearts of course :p
    5. Hayabusa
      Hayabusa
      I was hoping you'd bring up Hitbox during the streaming talk...I really like Hitbox. It streams so much more smoothly than Twitch, although the mobile app still needs work. Really annoying that it doesn't get any spotlight, especially now with YouTube coming on the scene.

2D fighting games are great if you can find players on your own level and you actually do more than button mash. Learn the special moves and the most basic combos, and they're great fun. I recommend Skullgirls. I'm no pro, but it's really fun.

YO MISTY PLAY SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS DAMN IT

As for games I have tried but couldn't get into, I feel like we've talked about it before, but some are:
      • Assassin's Creed. The first bored me, II was better but didn't hook me, and I bought IV because it was $5 and is apparently the best one.
      • MMORPG's. Every one that I've tried, I lost interest within maybe a week. Eden Eternal lasted the longest at a month. I hate grinding.
      • Borderlands. Every time friends want me to play, I feel so apathetic toward it all. The humor usually falls flat on me, the gameplay isn't interesting to me, and I'm just not invested in what's going on.
      • Minecraft/7 Days to Die/etc. I don't usually have fun in crafting games that carry zero story or direction. Gary's Mod is different because there are a bunch of different game modes that give me objectives; I love Prop Hunt and Murder, for instance.
    6. Plums
      Plums
      I haven't tried Hitbox yet, but it's definitely on the list to try along with YouTube Gaming! Twitch plays terrible on my computer, but YouTube Gaming's had pretty great playback for me.

Games I've tried and couldn't get into:
      • Call of Duty: I've played it with my brothers a few times and could never get sold on it. I think it's a combo of the gameplay and the aesthetic of it (the ones we played were all gray & gritty and I infinitely prefer a lot more varied colors and what not)
      • Halo: Also tried, also didn't get into it.
      • Skullgirls: I think part of it has to do with me not knowing how to play orrr really having much interest in learning, lmao. It's sort of the same thing I have going on with P4 Ultimax, but maybe I'll feel interested to at some point.

As for games I didn't get into at first but later got into:
      • Mass Effect: I tried playing last year and gave up for a year because I did not see what was drawing people into it. Picked it up again this year, and for whatever reason, blasted through the entire trilogy in about a week. I think it was just how clunky ME1's gameplay is.

also i am disappointed no one sang the rick astley song when the "what would you never give up on" question came up.